The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
phantomflyer

Cannot load FS9/X plan nor import plan to ASE

Hello Volker, I have FS9, FSX, and ASE (Active Sky Evolution), FSUIPC 3.99 (FS9) 4.853(FSX) both are fully registered, Win7 x64 - Installed as Admin UAC have always been off, and I run as Admin everything to do with FS9 or X. I downloaded FSC9.2.1 3 days ago and installed it in D:\Aerosoft\FSC9 , then put in your 9.2.2 revision because I was having KDFW issues. All that is OK now, but I noticed Active Sky Evolution cannot import a plan so I can load weather for my flights. This always worked perfectly with my previous FSC 8.6 version. For instance, When ASE is open, I go to "Brief" , then click "import plan" then look in my C\Users\Bill\Documents\Flight Simulator 9 (or X) Files\ then click "process" and I get an empty box with ? and ? in the ICAO codes. In other words, ASE is not recognising the FSC 9.2.2 plan the usual way it always did when I used FSC 8.6. Therfore I cannot process and load real world weather with ASE anymore. So, I disregarded this and just went to fly with ASE simply loaded without a processed plan, I hit "load" flight in FS9 (same in FSX) and I can see the name of the plan, but FS9 (and X) simply sits there doing nothing. It used to say "do you wish to move your aircraft to the departure" (or words to that effect), but now it does absolutely nothing. So I ignore that too and go on to fly anyway and flew my iFly 737 with the plan. That is the only thing that did work OK. Why is ASE and FS9/X not recognising FSC 9.2.2 plans like it used to when I had FSC 8.6? Thanks, Bill Alexander ( I'm sorry I cannot make paragraphs in this forum. If I hit the "Enter" (Return) key the cursor does not move down to the next line. I have no choice but to write on the same line. Is this a forum problem?)

FSC9 uses internally a format that differs from FSC8. But when you have setup your FSC correct, according to the manual, then, when saving a plan and you have ticked the checkbox in the "Save" dialog, your plan should be saved as FSX plan in the correct path so that ASE can load it. And that definitely works. So you must have done something wrong.

Can you please post a screenshot of the "Path"-tab of the "Save" dialogbox?

And that you can not make paragraphs is not a problem of the forum software, but of your browser or its setup.

OK Thanks Otto- I dealt with my browser and disabled all addon tollbars. Here is a screenshot of "save" and "save as" flight for KDFW to SVMI. I don't understand what the difference between "save" and "save as" is? In FSC 8 I always selected "save as" so I did the same here, then got a warning to correct the path to flight sim files, so I directed it to C\Bill\Documents\Flight simulator files - exactly how I had it with FSC 8.post-19847-0-72280800-1363613311_thumb.jpost-19847-0-55188500-1363613338_thumb.j

I attached one of each - "save" and "save as". Hope you can help clarify what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Hi Bill,

The settings for line 1 and line 3 are wrong!

The name of Line 1 is FS Commander and thus the line should look like this: D:\Aerosoft\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC !!!

In line 3 I'm missing after documents: \Flight Simulator Files !!!

Regards,

Volker

Dear Volker,

I feel so embarrassed! I went to analyse the flight plans (opened with notepad) that went into my (line 3) \Flight Simulator Files, to see that the plans that were supposed to go into the FSC folder went in there! No wonder ASE couldn't read them... Then I knew I had not set up the paths correctly. SO I did it all over to find it all works just fine, then I came here to see your message already posted.

I don't know what is happening to my brain in my old age, but it certainly isn't as fast as it used to be. I usually never have problems doing these things until very recently. Oh well, if it continues, I will go to the doctor instead of posting in a forum! Sorry for taking up your time.

Best Regards,

Bill

PS I am thrilled to finally utilize the vast improvements in this version. Transitions added = fantastic. Ability to import from Routefinder and Vatroute (and others with identical format) = excellent. Ability to add user waypoints = magnificent. No waiting to hit another button for Weather Downloads = time saver. I'm sure I will find a host of others as I become attuned to using FSC9xxx. Thank You.