The simFlight Network Forums

Hello, :razz:

I am having problems with my Saitek throttle quadrants ; the throttle levers are not synchronised at the same positions. For Example, I could have them In the exact same position (physically) on the quadrant, but on the simulator I get different output, It may only be 3-4% of a difference in throttle but asymmetrical thrust Is actually quite a problem in the simulator. The two throttle levers that aren't synchronised are both on the same quadrant which makes it even more strange :???: . I have FSUIPC installed and I have tried mapping the throttle controls into there to see if It makes a difference, but it remains the same. If someone has a workaround for this in FSUIPC to calibrate the throttle positions to be the same I would be very appreciative if you could help me, Thanks in advance!

Kriss

I am having problems with my Saitek throttle quadrants ; the throttle levers are not synchronised at the same positions. For Example, I could have them In the exact same position (physically) on the quadrant, but on the simulator I get different output, It may only be 3-4% of a difference in throttle but asymmetrical thrust Is actually quite a problem in the simulator.

Well it occurs in real aircraft too, and pilots seem to cope. This is why the levers aren't tied by bars -- in almost all the cockpit rides I ever had in airliners (a lot before 9/11) it was quite noticeable that the throttles were rarely in a straight line.

However, if you can't simply adjust the positions yourself to achieve similar N1% or EGTs (which should be easy enough), you could use the synch pos calibration facilities in FSUIPC. This involves setting a number of points along the axis ranges where the calibrated output should be the same. It doesn't take many for the linear interpolation between each gives you a good match throughout.

The two throttle levers that aren't synchronised are both on the same quadrant which makes it even more strange :???:.

Not particularly strange. Just as in real aircraft, the hardware concerned is never exactly the same.

Pete

Well it occurs in real aircraft too, and pilots seem to cope. This is why the levers aren't tied by bars -- in almost all the cockpit rides I ever had in airliners (a lot before 9/11) it was quite noticeable that the throttles were rarely in a straight line.

However, if you can't simply adjust the positions yourself to achieve similar N1% or EGTs (which should be easy enough), you could use the synch pos calibration facilities in FSUIPC. This involves setting a number of points along the axis ranges where the calibrated output should be the same. It doesn't take many for the linear interpolation between each gives you a good match throughout.

Not particularly strange. Just as in real aircraft, the hardware concerned is never exactly the same.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for the fast reply! When you said that you can set a number of points throughout the axis, are your referring to the 'Idle', 'Reverse' and 'Max' values? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks,

Kriss

Edited by MD114Ever

Hi Pete, thanks for the fast reply! When you said that you can set a number of points throughout the axis, are your referring to the 'Idle', 'Reverse' and 'Max' values? Or am I missing something else?

You are missing the "sync pos" facilities -- the button is actually labelled like that. Please refer to the User Guide. There's a whole section on it under the title CALIBRATING MULTIPL THROTTLE, PROP & MIXTURE AXES TO "LINE UP".

Pete

You are missing the "sync pos" facilities -- the button is actually labelled like that. Please refer to the User Guide. There's a whole section on it under the title CALIBRATING MULTIPL THROTTLE, PROP & MIXTURE AXES TO "LINE UP".

Pete

Pete,

After a quick read over that section (Should have consulted the document first), I have my throttle controls set to perfection now, with all 4 levers in synchronization with each other at 95% of the points throughout the axis, All thanks to FSUIPC and your help!

Much Appreciated! :cool:

Kriss

• 3 weeks later...

Dear members, I read the topics about the 6 lever throttle calibration. For me it is difficult to understand what this is all about, but I do have the same problem with my Saitek dual throttle quadrant. Is it possible to write more detailed how to adjust and fix the settings? Thanks in advance. Gerard.