The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient FS98 and FlightSim Commander 9.2.2 connection error # 14

I try to connect my Laptop using FSC to my Flight Simulator X on a different PC (running FSX) in my Network. I can access my PC's without a problem.

When I start WideFS client on my laptop and try to connect my FSX the FSC program gives my an error "Unable to connect to simulator! Msg # 14".

The logfile of WideFS client shows that a connection has been successful.

I am not shure where the error is.

What has to be running at my FSX computer? I installed FSUIPC4 on the FSC computer and the program seems to run.

Is it necessary to install the wideserver on my FSX computer to? -And how can I do this? Or is the FSUIPC4 program the only program that runs on my FSX computer...

I am using Windows 7 (32) on my laptop and Windows 7(64) on my FSX-PC.

When I use FSC on my FSX computer everything workes OK.

I try to connect my Laptop using FSC to my Flight Simulator X on a different PC (running FSX) in my Network. I can access my PC's without a problem.

When I start WideFS client on my laptop and try to connect my FSX the FSC program gives my an error "Unable to connect to simulator! Msg # 14".

The logfile of WideFS client shows that a connection has been successful.

Really? What about the WideServer.log in the FSX Modules folder? Maybe you should paste both logs here so I can see?

I am not shure where the error is.

If it is anything to do with WideFS, the logs will show. Don't forget there are always two ends to a connection. Merely checking one end is not sufficient.

What has to be running at my FSX computer? I installed FSUIPC4 on the FSC computer and the program seems to run.

Is it necessary to install the wideserver on my FSX computer to?

As certainly described quite clearly in the WideFS User Guide, in FSX the WideServer part in incorporated into FSUIPC4. It merely needs activationg, first by Registering it with its own Key in the FSUIPC4 Installer, ad then on the main FSUIPC4 options tab in FSX -- though that will probably already be enabled by default.

Documentation is supplied both for FSUIPC (in the FSUIPC Documents subfolder in Modules) and for WideFS (in the ZIP you downloaded). Everything is explained in both places.

Regards

Pete