The simFlight Network Forums

How to troubleshoot FSUIPC (FSX) and Windows 8 x64 crashing

How to troubleshoot FSUIPC and Windows 8 x64 crashing. I removed it and FSX works fine.

I tried using Windows 7 Compatiblity mode but the windows crash reporter goes nuts.

FSX runs very smooth with Windows 8 x64. Better than WIndows 7.

But adding anything to the modules folder makes FSX crash. :o(

Regards

Mark

FSX Acceleration

FSUIPC Version 4.86 Registered

How to troubleshoot FSUIPC and Windows 8 x64 crashing. I removed it and FSX works fine.

I tried using Windows 7 Compatiblity mode but the windows crash reporter goes nuts.

There is no difference possible in FSUIPC between windows 7 and Windows 8. it doesn't use anything specific to either -- it cannot as it needs to run on everything since IXP, so I imagine what is up on your system. But bearing in ming that FSUIPC is a SimConnect application, it may be that your SimConnect subsystem is screwed up somehow.

But adding anything to the modules folder makes FSX crash. :o(

The Modules folder is not an original part of FSX, it is created by FSUIPC's installer. Nothing placed in there will run unless something else changes to make it run -- the FSUIPC4 installer adds the path to FSUIPC4 in the Modules folder by adding it to the DLL.XML file. Check that for other add-ons being loaded. I'm sure it cannot be specific to the 'Modules' folder, which is a misleading diagnosis.

FSUIPC Version 4.86 Registered

Try downloading the very latest interim update from Download Links subforum. And when you get a crash please find and supply the crash details. In the Windows error logging you will find the name of the module which crashed and the place within it. If it is in FSUIPC4 and you use the very latest (4.869) then I should be able to help a little more.

Regards

Pete

Crash Report

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50108725

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00032a8b

Faulting process ID: 0x1b84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3dbc1dc7fd32

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

Report ID: d469805c-a9af-11e2-beb6-0008ca4f9516

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50108725

There's the problem. FSX is not compatible with the later versions of that DLL. You can put the older one into the FSX main folder and it will use that instead. You'll find this problem and solution discussed on the AVSIM FSX forum, just search on uiautomationcore.

Pete

It's been better. But Windows Problem Reporter is going nuts, which is causing FSX to stutter very badly.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Crash Report doesn't tell me much.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0xfd520000

Faulting process ID: 0x1234

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3e7bf6a49380

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: fec7d8dc-aa6f-11e2-beb7-0008ca4f9516

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Mark

It's been better. But Windows Problem Reporter is going nuts, which is causing FSX to stutter very badly.

Sorry, I don't really understand this bit. What is "Windows Problem Reporter" and how does it interact with a running program which is quite happy?

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Crash Report doesn't tell me much.

Nor me. How does this relate to the Windows Problem Reporter?

Pete

This is the Windows Problem Reporter

Sorry, what am I supposed to glean from that picture?

Are any of the problems reported to do with FSX at all? I can't read any of them and certainly not see any details. You need to fix whatever it iscausing each and every problem.

Pete