The simFlight Network Forums
Thunderbolt44

Trouble installing Navigraph FMS Data up AIRAC 1304 file

I went to install the latest FMS data file (FSC_1304.exe) into my FS Commander program and kept getting "FSC executeable file not found. Please select FSC main/rootfolder for install". I have FSC installed on my S drive and as I remember I thought I had always installed it to S/FSC. I also tried S/FSC/Nav Data Back Up, also with no luck. I have been traveling for the last six months and frankly don't remember how I used to do it. FSC seems to be working fine. All my other Navigraph updates worked fine. If anyone would point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks, Mike

Hello Michael,

Please let me add to this puzzle. First, before I left on my last trip, I bought an MSI gaming laptop so I could take my PMDG 737NGX along. I also installed FSC8 in it. Each month I have downloaded the Navagraph FMS Data files and they have installed in the cycle_ info.txt with no problem. Each time you open FSC, it reflects the updated AIRAC in the opening window. Now, from the beginning with FSC and this is version 8, I have never been able to right click and run it as administrator in either my PC or laptop. It's just about the only program I have that when I right click on it to open there is no Run as Administrator only Open. By-the-way, I'm running Windows 7 and have basicly experienced no problems with 7 - certainly a huge improvement over Vista. Anyway, I copied my AIRAC 1303 update from my laptop into my PC and it sits in the cycle_infor.txt pretty as can be; however, when I open FSC it is not reflected as the current AIRAC file in the opening window. So, I wondering if I should reinstall my FSC8? I purchased the upgrade to FSC9 when it first came out but had a lot of trouble getting it to work and I finally decided to just stick with FSC8 as it seems to do everything I need. Any more thoughts? Mike

I have the same problem.

Upgraded to FSC9 and installed in d:\FSC keeping FSC8 in C:\program files\Aerosoft.

I don't know if this is right or not but had to keep FSC8. I have no problem here loading the AIRAC from Navigrahp.

However, when doing it with FSC9 it tells the same message: FSC9.exe not found.

Should I unistall FSC8?

Hi ???,

Unfortunately I can't verify your problem.
If you are uninstalling the FSC8, you destroy also your FSC9 installation.
Uninstall both version and install the new FSC9.

Volker