The simFlight Network Forums

Pete's Cockpit

Pete Dowson

I'm interested in your comment that you managed to tweak the 737-8 model to make it more realsitic. Presumably you manged to obtain some real world specification / data of the flight model and apply it FSX ?

It wasn't me who tweaked the model but my friend Thomas, the one in the FO seat in the video. He also did most of the clever engineering work with the overhead fitting. I just do mundane things like wiring up Bodnar interface boards and writing the drivers for everything.

There are other "tweaked" models for use with Project Magenta (PM themselves do one), and there's also the Jetstream model from Prosim, meant for their suite of cockpit software.

Are those Engravity CDUs you are using Pete?

No, they, like the rest of the cockpit other than the overhead are by PFC and built in. They don't sell this stuff any more. I think they only made 15 or so of the 737NGs.

Ray - If you thought that wasn't a good landing, you should see some of mine

Ray is very fussy and self-critical. He insists that we all get together again and I make a replacement video with a 'proper' landing! ;-)

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

You three must be quite a team with your combined knowledge and expertise !

It's a pity they (PFC) don't build them any more, I would be sorely tempted  :mrgreen:  As it is, I may have to have a look at their yoke offerings and invest a bit more on this sim.

I think Ray is right - another meet, and a few more touch n goes on camera...take 2 :razz:

I think that what we did in Luton, 3 approaches a piece from 13 miles out..All filmed on VHS :???: ...we did the same in Yorkshire years later ... not sure where that was now, but somewhere near York itself.

Graham.

It's a pity they (PFC) don't build them any more, I would be sorely tempted  :mrgreen: 

Well, they are very well made, but also VERY very expensive. I got mine at cost because I did the drivers for them, and in those days (many years ago) there wasn't really so much choice. These days I'd seriously look at cockpits like the JetMax offered by FlightDeck Solutions, and others like that. You get a lot more for your money, even though it might not be so solidly built as PFC.

As it is, I may have to have a look at their yoke offerings and invest a bit more on this sim.

Actually, yes, the PFC pedestal yoke and their pedals would be a good fit for the JetMax, which doesn't come with those parts.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thanks again. I will have a look at the Jet Max cockpits. It sounds as though the PFC is the one to go for and if that ties in with the Jet Max offerings, that's great.

If you ever sell yours, give me a call! ;-)

Well, just landed in Faro, so time for some "supper"....

Regards,

Graham.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a licence version of FSUIPC but it does not accept it when I enter the serial keys in FS9. Does someone has a solution? Sorry for my broken English, I'm French!!! Thanks in advance! Mahieu.

Why are you adding to the thread about my own cockpit? Please use a proper thread with your own title!

There are only three reasons why a key is not accepted:

1. You are making a mistake. All threre fields must be EXACTLY right! Use cut and paste. OR

2. You computer date is wrong. OR

3. You FSUIPC3 version is out of date.

Please post you own thread next time.

Pete

Wow Pete your Sim is awesome how much does it cost to put something like that together, I guess you probably did most of it yourself so would probably cost the average person a lot more, do you get lost in the sim and think you are actually flying a real 737 it looks superb

Wayne

Wow Pete your Sim is awesome how much does it cost to put something like that together, I guess you probably did most of it yourself so would probably cost the average person a lot more

No, the parts are almost all made by manufacturers. Most of it (all really except the overhead) is by PFC (www.flypfc.com), who made about 15 of these 737NG cockpits. I did the FS software for PFC.

The overhead is part Cockpitsonic, part Sismo.

The whole thing these days would probably cost you around £100,000+ if you could get one, which you can't. I've had the main cockpit for years now.

Pete

• 4 months later...

Just the default FSX 738 but with the figures adjusted to make the performance more exactly like the real thing.

Pete

Hi Pete,

can you elaborate (or provide) the tweaks you made to the FSX 738 to make it more realistic?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

• 1 month later...