The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Rudder Trim

Pete

Now from your last reply;

The log would record EVERY single change in the switch, but there is NO change -- once you've pressed it it remains looking pressed until you've pressed another, different switch.

It became clear that the problem was that I had not put an entry in InterfaceIT for the Up (Off) function of the switch so there was no change of state from the initial press.

Heres what InterfaceIT can do when Updating FSUIPC for both Down (On) and Up (Off) switch actions

Type options:

Byte

Float64

Longint

Longword

Shortint

Smallint

Unknown

Word

Operation options:

Decrement

Increment

None

Clearbit

Setbit

Setbit then reset

Set value

Set value then zero

Toggle bit

Unknown

There are also boxes for entering the following:

Value

Maximum value

Minimum value

Sleep

And of course the actual offset.

I finaslly figured it out. I used the 3360 offset, Byte Set bit with a value of 1 for Nose Down Trim switch Down (On) and Clear bit with a value of 1. I then used the 3360 offset, Byte Set bit with a value of 2 for Nose Down Trim switch Down (On) and Clear bit with a value of 2. In FSUIPC Buttons + Switches the Nose Up and Nose Down switch presses were recognized and I used Elevator Trim Up with a Parameter of x01 and Elevator Trim Down with a Parameter of x02 with the Control to repeat while held box checked. Works like a charm. :razz:

Thanks for your frustrated help. :???:

Alan

post-21337-0-87137500-1368707952_thumb.j

It became clear that the problem was that I had not put an entry in InterfaceIT for the Up (Off) function of the switch so there was no change of state from the initial press.

Exactly as I hypothesised.

Heres what InterfaceIT can do when Updating FSUIPC for both Down (On) and Up (Off) switch actions

Okay. Good. You need to use "Setbit" for pressing a button/switch, and "Clearbit" for releasing it, both with the same value. In your picture you've used Set value for a byte, which will affect 8 buttons, not just the one you want to change!

Values are 1 for button 0, 2 for button 1, 4 for button 2 ... 128 for button 7.

Pete

Pete

Not sure what's going on here, but if I use the values 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc as you described above, only 0, 1, 2, and 4 work for me -- 8, 16, and above aren't recognized in Buttons + Switches. What does work is if I use 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc., and they are recognized in Buttons + Switches as Joy# 72, Btn# 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. I'm happy that all my trim functions work but I'd like to know why the value progression is different.

Alan

Not sure what's going on here, but if I use the values 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc as you described above, only 0, 1, 2, and 4 work for me -- 8, 16, and above aren't recognized in Buttons + Switches. What does work is if I use 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc., and they are recognized in Buttons + Switches as Joy# 72, Btn# 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.

Seems that the software you are using does the conversion of the data from bit numbers to values to be logically OR'd or ANDed. Perhaps you should actually refer to the documentation for that software when you want to use it? I can only tell you what the actual interface into FSUIPC needs to see.

Bits are numbered 0 - 7 in each byte, the values are 2^0 to 2^7 (^ means "to the power of" so that 2^4 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 16).

The advantage of using Values, as per the actual FSUIPC interface, is that more than one bit can be changed at a time. For instance, the offset containing the FSX light switches is a 16 bit word using 10 separate bits for lights, so they can be controlled individually or all at once, or in clusters, etc.

Pete