The simFlight Network Forums

Strange Problem

SirPres

I don't know if this has happened to anyone before or if it's ever been addressed. But in using Prepar3D, this problem has popped up. When choosing "Select Aircraft" in the Aircraft Menu, after a minute, I get the "Prepar3D has stopped working" window and I have to close the program. I troubleshooted this by deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file, restarting P3D and letting the file rebuild. After doing that, P3D worked without any problems, so I started adding aircraft folders back to the "SimObjectsPaths" one at a time and tested them. All went well until I added MyTraffic/Aircraft back to "SimObjectsPaths". P3D stopped working again when I chose "Select Aircraft". I find this strange because all the MyTraffic aircraft are AI planes and do not show up in the Aircraft menu. If I disable MyTraffic/Aircraft, everything is fine again. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

No idea, sorry, and it is working here and on many other sides.

My recommendation how to isolate the problem:

Delete the simobjects entry for Mytraffic, and move all of the Airbus and Boeing aircraft folder over to simobjects\aiplanes. Does it work now? If yes, add more manufacturers and report how things behave.

Another idea, have you applied the patches after 5.4b? Cannot imagine how this might affect but worth a try.

Update: I opened MyTraffic and checked various menus. Under Aircraft>Series, I discovered a blank entry at the top of the list, I guess I started to add a airplane, but did not finish. Anyway, I deleted the blank entry and re-compiled MyTraffic overnight. So far everything is working as it should. I'll keep you posted if this was not the fix.

You are right... it didn't fix the problem. I tried moving different aircraft folders around like you suggested. No luck. I even reinstalled the 5.4a and 5.4b patches. Still no luck. I will uninstall MyTraffic and try a fresh install.

I don't think I have an "extraordinary" number of aircraft installed. The crash only happens when the "Mytraffic/Aircraft" folder SimObjectsPath is in the Prepar3D.cfg and I try to change user aircraft in-game. I've moved MyTraffic aircraft in and out of the MyTraffic aircraft folder as you suggested to see if one was corrupt, but P3D still crashes. I've re-run the P3D installer and did a fresh install of the MyTraffic3D upgrade (and added the patches). The results are the same, but when I remove "MyTraffic/Aircraft" from the Prepar3D.cfg, I can choose any aircraft I want... no problem. There is an app called "SimLauncher" that I use to choose my aircraft before I run P3D. That's the only way I can use an airplane other than the default one if MyTraffic is in the Prepar3D.cfg.

Since this problem does not exist on any other installation of MyTraffic under P3d, It neither has its origin in MyTraffic nor in P3D, I tried to help you to identify a potential culprit, but without much more information what you have installed I cannot give you more information.