The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to load FSX since the new FSUIPC

I've been using FSUIPC since I don't know when. it never ever gave me grief..every time a new version comes, I simply update and go on my way

Finally I am stuck. I am befuddled.

When I start FSX, FSX simply freezes. I then go into appcrash and vew and I see this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LoadedModule[216]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSJINT40.DLL

LoadedModule[217]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mstext40.dll

LoadedModule[218]=C:\Windows\system32\mlang.dll

LoadedModule[219]=C:\Windows\system32\RAASAUDIO32.DLL

LoadedModule[220]=C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6.dll

LoadedModule[221]=C:\Windows\SysWow64\xactengine3_4.dll

LoadedModule[222]=C:\Windows\SysWow64\XAudio2_4.dll

LoadedModule[223]=C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll

LoadedModule[224]=C:\Windows\system32\WMVCore.DLL

LoadedModule[225]=C:\Windows\system32\WMASF.DLL

LoadedModule[226]=F:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4_Loader.dll

FriendlyEventName=Stopped responding and was closed

ConsentKey=AppHangXProcB1

AppName=Microsoft Flight Simulator®

AppPath=F:\FSX\fsx.exe

ReportDescription=A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed the regular FSUIPC4.exe and then I tried the fsuipc4 loader thingi..same result

When I delete the fsuipc.ini.. Its able to load fsx. But I have too many keys assigned sand axis assigned using FSUIPC.

I then deleted most of my key assignment and left only the Airbus x key assignment and the primary Yoke axis assignment. It was working the last week that way..all my G530 and G1000 key assignment I had to remove.

Today...it stopped working even with just my Airbus X assignment

Not sure what is going on.

Manny

I have the fsuipc.log file that was created when I loaded fsx after deleting the fsuipc.ini

Now, when I use any of my old fsuipc.ini file, its not even creatinga new fsuipc.log file.

I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.9 version and this time I removed the fsuipc_loader.dll

but my log looks like this. And its not going past this to FSX.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.90 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=5B7F0000

User Name="Manohar Mahadevan"

User Addr="cpgmm@aol.com"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

9298 System time = 10/05/2013 21:54:36

9314 FLT UNC path = "\\FSX2-PC\Users\FSX2\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

9360 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

9360 FS UNC path = "\\FSX2-PC\F\FSX\"

9641 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

9641 SIM1 Frictions access gained

9657 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

9657 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

9657 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

9657 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

I went back to FSUIPC_Loader.dll install

And now even if I remove the fsuipc.ini. Its not not creating a new ini file..its not loading FSX.

I am really frustrated.

adedModule[220]=C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6.dll

ReportDescription=A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

I suspect its the installer.. Its not installing everything or not updating the registry properly. I ran as Adminstrator.

I am using Win 7. I have turned off security to almost nothing...so even if I don't run as admin, it should have been ok.

IT loaded FSX twice... Yes... twice. And the third time, its not loading fsx. I did not change anything

without FSUIPC_LOader, its not able to connect to sim connect.

With FSUIPC_Loader, its a crap shoot... sometime it does and then it stops. I have to reinstall twice or thrice and then I can get into fsx... and then next time, I cannot.

Sigh!

Dear Pete

Dear All

I'm using Win7, 32-bit, FSX SP2 Accel since many years.

I noticed the required new download and performed it yesterday.

Since then FSX does not run anymore. It loads - sometimes misses message "Finishing Setup ..." before "Rebuild scenery database...". Then it seems to load DLL's and stops. Either with or without FSUIPC activated.

Tried to go back to v4.89 but no success at all.

FSX does not run anymore.

Any help appreciated

Best regards

Peter

I backed out the new FSUIPC 4.9 and went back to my old FSUIPC which is dated April 25th 2012 (which was wo4rking fine earlier)

So now, I am able to get past the FSUIPC issue, but many of my DLLs are failing. My Realityxp GPSW is not working anymore and then GFDev.Dll (Go flight) stuff is failing.. I tried reinstalling the latest GF and then I completely uninstalled GF, but some other DLLs are failing... after 15-20 min of flying.

I've been using FSUIPC since I don't know when. it never ever gave me grief..every time a new version comes, I simply update and go on my way

When I start FSX, FSX simply freezes. I then go into appcrash and vew and I see this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed the regular FSUIPC4.exe and then I tried the fsuipc4 loader thingi..same result

When I delete the fsuipc.ini.. Its able to load fsx. But I have too many keys assigned sand axis assigned using FSUIPC.

I then deleted most of my key assignment and left only the Airbus x key assignment and the primary Yoke axis assignment. It was working the last week that way..all my G530 and G1000 key assignment I had to remove.

Manny

I have the fsuipc.log file that was created when I loaded fsx after deleting the fsuipc.ini

Now, when I use any of my old fsuipc.ini file, its not even creatinga new fsuipc.log file.

I find that FSX freezes on ccasions; when trying to shut it down, Error message says FSX has stopped working, so close down PC, Start Pc up again; reboot it, go into My Documents, see Microsoft X folder, open it, and only DELETE the file.......logbook.bin....... close it all down, start up FSX and it works for me. I also came across advice on one of the forums; forget which one, that a program exists to solve logbook.bin, Deleting logbook.bin does not lose any AWARDS you have, but it does lose you Logbook records of where you have been.

Manny

You mention an APP Crash, interestingly enough I also have a Toshiba i7 state of the art expensive Toshiba Laptop that APP Crashes each time now I start the PC, Toshiba blame other software and as their warranty is coming to an end; 1 year only on mine, it will be out of warranty. however, in the UK The Sales of Goods Act 1979 states that Goods must be of merchantable quality and regardless of what your supplier, retailer, manufacturer says, all goods are warranted by British Law (England and Wales) for 6 years, so I'll see how I go on and if more APP CRASHES take place I can either have it repaired, replaced same for same or my money back if the first two options are not available. Interestingly, many people will, no doubt be paying for extended warranty in Britain (Scotland is 5 years) and therefore need not have paid extra cash for extended warranties because it appears to be a sales ploy.

It doesn't apply to software, only hardware. All Tosh will tell you is that if you return the Laptop to its manufacturer supplied state via a restore disk everything will function correctly. If it doesn't work then you may be able to get something done, but a manufacturer of hardware does not have to guarantee compatibility with third party software or hardware for that matter.

however, in the UK The Sales of Goods Act 1979 states that Goods must be of merchantable quality and regardless of what your supplier, retailer, manufacturer says, all goods are warranted by British Law (England and Wales) for 6 years

I'm afraid the Act doesn't give a 6 year warranty on anything. All it mentions is "durability" in Section 14(2B)(e).

Obviously a new PC's durability should mean it last more than a year. A number of people have had success in claims for out-of-warranty TV's etc so in principle you can claim for a PC for a reasonable period after the warranty expires - provided the fault is obviously with the hardware such as, for example a broken keyboard. As Andydigital wrote unless it's restored to its as-new state you won't have much chance claiming for software problems.

Dear Pete

We could not find yet the cause that FSX does not run anymore. Installe v4.86, either listed in DLL.xml or not, FSX does not load anymore. The certificate ssems to be OK. Kaspersky tells it's OK.

FSUIPC was always running without issues ?!

Peter

Dear Pete

We switched off all addon-sceneries and moved away all ai-traffic.

In the dll.xml we load anly FSUIPC4.DLL:

Crash @ Laoding approx 86% in Terrain.dll

In the dll.xml we do not load FSUIPC4.DLL:

Crash @ Laoding approx 86% in Terrain.dll

We did changed nothing before troubles, only installed FSUIPV4 v4.90 over 4.86.

We are more than confused ...

With best regards

Peter

We could not find yet the cause that FSX does not run anymore. Installe v4.86, either listed in DLL.xml or not, FSX does not load anymore. The certificate ssems to be OK. Kaspersky tells it's OK.

FSUIPC was always running without issues ?!

We did changed nothing before troubles, only installed FSUIPV4 v4.90 over 4.86.

The Installer ONLY replaces FSUIPC4.DLL with the updated version, and replaces the documents in the Modules \ FSUIPC Documents folders with updated ones. It checks that the DLL.XML is set correctly to load FSUIPC4. It writes a new FSUIPC4.KEY file if you re-registered. And that's it.

NOTHING else whatsoever is touched, and FSUIPC4 itself does not touch any files outside of its own Modules area.

Therefore I'm sure you have a corrupted FSX install. It won't be FSUIPC related -- that it happened at about the same time as you updated is merely a coincidence. I think you've proven this conclusively by the fact that you get the identical problem with or without FSUIPC being loaded.

I can only suggest repairing your FSX installation.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter, since I did the reinstall after the certificate issue, I too am unable to load FSX and I have never had this problem before, my FSX has been going strong without problem for 2 years now and I have not loaded anything else. When I boot FSX the following error message appears (this does not happen always, only on occasion):

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: FSUIPC4DLL: FS new universal IPC interface

Version: 4,90

Company: Pete Dowson

File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Do you want to run the software (not recommended):

To avoid seeing the message in the future, uninstall the program or disable its ability to start when running flight simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher....

Could it be because I have multiple mentions of fsuipc dll in my fsx cfg, have a look below. Can I just delete all mention of these and let FSX request them to be trusted again or how fix this?

[Trusted]

C:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.ctotreaniuiriteutecwuozhkueateqletqchtai=1

C:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe.neatcoaehunierqttlrrotranenurbnretoacicw=1

C:\FSX\bglmanx.dll.lqohnbcrhiqnbhbohrzqtrrqhhketcrhnbrhnkbe=1

C:\FSX\FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll.llbokehaiurallquankeoroqonuctkwbkqrzqrkl=1

C:\FSX\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.ciuczebwbuubbnlewbzlabiaqbhnioqclbuwrche=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.qbcoubowoobuhroqcitkwearnzbnntcczewobzrt=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSCopilot.dll.weclqqqhnlenttaucuewewznikhqinoknooqwwel=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.kzkbcihbutkkzrrthrceqkcozokbcczrtowwlnei=1

C:\FSX\GAUGES\XGauge.DLL.lwnrrnarwnqbbnlaqqzeoeuenrztaatzuubikeut=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.eknnwqqzblklolhzucthwtbrwbrktbrclqhrwque=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.luaqewwezbuecuwczqhatlrctitchunlcohcakhl=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.nwwwbeawcrqeltukqnacthzcquotcotitwnbocto=2

C:\FSX\FsPassengers\bin\FsPassengersMini.DLL.rozrrlcqlackeaurzbhenukhziihkzikznhwrlwe=2

C:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.aiqkuaiqruatorlaniznhtabcheubnohozwihhcz=1

C:\FSX\bglmanx.dll.znncqinokqliquwacqoqtbbwkaekabutabirhkqh=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.bacnrhtoewrnlqituhkzztcnalkinwzcirwuwuuh=1

C:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe.kwehiekcqhothanzbhcazcbhwbetuqlohiqqcork=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.telrawnqqiqeieqqhoqcuaebaaetiubawwkqucot=1

C:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.rabenwkqnrakuntqrnbnqeztoiwkbbzhchineaqw=1

C:\FSX\bglmanx.dll.uellencobbrzwirheuaqqhwaeokizinarnknizwb=1

C:\FSX\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.khelcneezrhaozitruhqqqitlhuebewnthkknriq=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.obblrqwzckkneeqwzwnoztuhorcoctzwclbzrnbi=2

Could it be because it is in my fsx.cfg twice, see below?

[Trusted]

C:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.ctotreaniuiriteutecwuozhkueateqletqchtai=1

C:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe.neatcoaehunierqttlrrotranenurbnretoacicw=1

C:\FSX\bglmanx.dll.lqohnbcrhiqnbhbohrzqtrrqhhketcrhnbrhnkbe=1

C:\FSX\FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll.llbokehaiurallquankeoroqonuctkwbkqrzqrkl=1

C:\FSX\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.ciuczebwbuubbnlewbzlabiaqbhnioqclbuwrche=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.qbcoubowoobuhroqcitkwearnzbnntcczewobzrt=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSCopilot.dll.weclqqqhnlenttaucuewewznikhqinoknooqwwel=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.kzkbcihbutkkzrrthrceqkcozokbcczrtowwlnei=1

C:\FSX\GAUGES\XGauge.DLL.lwnrrnarwnqbbnlaqqzeoeuenrztaatzuubikeut=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.eknnwqqzblklolhzucthwtbrwbrktbrclqhrwque=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.luaqewwezbuecuwczqhatlrctitchunlcohcakhl=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.nwwwbeawcrqeltukqnacthzcquotcotitwnbocto=2

C:\FSX\FsPassengers\bin\FsPassengersMini.DLL.rozrrlcqlackeaurzbhenukhziihkzikznhwrlwe=2

C:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.aiqkuaiqruatorlaniznhtabcheubnohozwihhcz=1

C:\FSX\bglmanx.dll.znncqinokqliquwacqoqtbbwkaekabutabirhkqh=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.bacnrhtoewrnlqituhkzztcnalkinwzcirwuwuuh=1

C:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe.kwehiekcqhothanzbhcazcbhwbetuqlohiqqcork=1

C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.telrawnqqiqeieqqhoqcuaebaaetiubawwkqucot=1

C:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.rabenwkqnrakuntqrnbnqeztoiwkbbzhchineaqw=1

C:\FSX\bglmanx.dll.uellencobbrzwirheuaqqhwaeokizinarnknizwb=1

C:\FSX\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.khelcneezrhaozitruhqqqitlhuebewnthkknriq=2

C:\FSX\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.obblrqwzckkneeqwzwnoztuhorcoctzwclbzrnbi=2

Hi Peter, since I did the reinstall after the certificate issue, I too am unable to load FSX and I have never had this problem before, my FSX has been going strong without problem for 2 years now and I have not loaded anything else. When I boot FSX the following error message appears (this does not happen always, only on occasion)

It sounds like the SimConnect timing bug. Please see the FAQ subforum thread on the subject. Persistence does pay. Once it gets through once it will get through every time.

If not I shall need to see the FSUIPC4. LOG it produces -- if there is never a new one written, then FSUIPC is not actually getting loaded.

Could it be because I have multiple mentions of fsuipc dll in my fsx cfg, have a look below. Can I just delete all mention of these and let FSX request them to be trusted again or how fix this?

FSX accumulates those forever. You can delete them if you wish for a smaller CFG file. It will then ask you to trust everything again, as you use it. But the entries don't do any harm in any case.

Pete

Sorry, Pete, apologies I didn't see it. I read the FAQ....good news re your point about persistence because I have not had the message for some time now, so it may just have been due to my reinstall of FSUIPC, but now it has got thru all will hopefully be ok. If not I will try some of the ideas on the FAQ