The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot read FSUIPC4 Documents in FSX Modules folder

I've purchased and successfully loaded the key into the Modules folder in FSX created by the free FSUIPC4 zip.

I can read the notepad lists in this folder.

I cannot read the Documents file in the folder

This Problem is now sorted, Adobe upgraded, open it up, search for FSX folder, Modules Folder, Documents and click to open.

I also posted another question about: "Is there a FSUIPC Template that can be seen on screen....."YES" there is.....finally found it amongst the text.

So.....my procedure to obtain FSUIPC4 for FSX is.....

1) FSX does not contain a "MODULES" Folder

2) Download the "FREE" FSUIPC4 to FSX, this creates a "MODULES" Folder and also contains "GPS.out" which can only work if you purchase the FSUIPC4 "KEY" to unlock

a wealth of information including; what I wanted mainly....... "GPS.out". so that I could use it to operate my GPS.

3) After successfully installing FSUIPC4 in the PC, like all other software that you load; reboot your PC.

Open FSX, select a flight, and when ready, click "FLY".

Now press the ALT key on your keyboard and look at the top of the Screen, you will see a toolbar and at the far right of this toolbar you will see ADD-ONs click this and see FSUIPC, click FSUIPC and you will see a choice of options to configure/alter your settings for a wealth of things.

4) In this FSUIPC template you will see, at the top righthand side of the FSUIPC template......GPS.out, click this, in my case, and then you can alter the settings to make your GPS work.

As for any other settings, I still have got to sit down and go through them as I need them.

I paid 28 Euros including Tax (VAT) for the UK for the "KEY" to unlock GPS.out and the rest of the other goodies, Excellent value for money and for what you are getting; a phenominal amount of software and options to operate FSX....I highly recommend it and thankyou again for all those people who have offered valuable advice to me on this excellent Flightsim Forum.

"Installing and Registering FSUIPC4.pdf" works fine on my PC (version 4.90) when opened in Adobe Reader XI.

If I try and open it in a text editor (e.g. notepad), rather than a PDF reader, I see what you have posted above.

What are you trying to open it with?

Cheers,

Ian P.

"Installing and Registering FSUIPC4.pdf" works fine on my PC (version 4.90) when opened in Adobe Reader XI.

If I try and open it in a text editor (e.g. notepad), rather than a PDF reader, I see what you have posted above.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks for the advice, I've upgraded Adobe and now can read the documents.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks Ian for the input, problem now sorted.