The simFlight Network Forums

AutoSave makes too much files

Hi Pete,

first I have to say thanks for your great tools!

But now I've a little problem with autosave (latest version) and fs9.

This is the autosafe.cfg

[user]

Interval=60

Files=5

[Files]

Next=2

1=Thu 224610

2=Thu 224212

3=Thu 224312

4=Thu 224411

5=Thu 224511

Yesterday I've done a four hour flight, and then I've got about

240 Autosave-Files...... one every minute

At fs2002 (older AutoSave) there were always correctly only five

Autosave-Files.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dirk

Yesterday I've done a four hour flight, and then I've got about

240 Autosave-Files...... one every minute

At fs2002 (older AutoSave) there were always correctly only five

Autosave-Files.

Any ideas?

Well, there's been no change in that part of the program. The change to make it work in FS2004 was needed to find the correct path for the FLT+WX files when they get saved, so that the older ones can be deleted. It sounds like it isn't finding that path on your system for some reason.

It is quite complicated, finding the path, and involved using new facilities in the Microsoft operating systems. Can you tell me which operating system you are using, please? Maybe there are instances where the DLL which is needed isn't installed. It's called "SHFolder.DLL". Perhaps you could check your Windows System (and System32) folders to see if it is there, please?

If not, I recently noticed that FS2004 does actually install an SHFolder.dll into its own folder, so maybe I can change AutoSave to find and use that copy if the System one is missing.

Regards,

Pete

I'm using Windows XP Home , German Edition. I found shfolder.dll

on windows/system32.

I will try the new revised version of autosave tomorrow and tell

you how it works.....

Thanks. I don't think it was an SHFolder missing problem in any caseI get the main folder from that, but add "Flight Simulator Files" to the end. I now think this is only correct for English language versions of FS2004.

In the version of AutoSave I sent I obtain the final folder name from FS's own "Language.DLL", so it should now work. When and if you confirm this, I will make a new release.

It also affects the FSUIPC facility to load Flights under control from an external program, so when I know AutoSave is okay I will make the same changes to FSUIPC.

Thanks & Regards,

Pete

It works fine in the Danish version of XP-pro.

The folder is named "Flight Simulator Files" - but then the only thing Danish about my version of fs9 is some pdfs in various Scandi languages. I understand from another forum, that in the German fs9 version the lessons and checkrides are dubbed from Duck to German.

Folder names might be different too.

Hans

It works fine in the Danish version of XP-pro.

The folder is named "Flight Simulator Files" -

Hi,

It does not work with the French version, of f 2004, the final file is called " Fichiers Flight Simulator "

The complete path with Win XP Home :

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Mes Documents\Fichiers Flight Simulator

The file shfolder.dll is located in Fs9 folder and also in System32 folder

Certainly this French version gives a lot of problem :wink:

Thank in advance

Regards

It does not work with the French version, of f 2004, the final file is called " Fichiers Flight Simulator "

The complete path with Win XP Home :

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Mes Documents\Fichiers Flight Simulator

Yes, I know. I made changes specifically for the French version and it was tested for me, a week ago. Please download the latest version (1.48, released on the 8th September) with all those changes in -- it now gets the final folder from FS's own Language.DLL, which is where FS itself gets it from.

Regards,

Pete

Yes, I know. I made changes specifically for the French version and it was tested for me, a week ago. Please download the latest version (1.48, released on the 8th September) with all those changes in -- it now gets the final folder from FS's own Language.DLL, which is where FS itself gets it from.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry, Pete i use already 1.48 version released on the 8th Sept.

There was a probleme with the FS title bar (maybe remembers you, I had sent you some screens shot to this subject) which is fixed, but always this quantity of files beyond 10...

If I leave fs with 6 files the system keeps the last files, but it creates 10 others before crushing the old and we have 16 files. If I leave fs with 16 saved files, in the next starting up I have 16 files and it creates 10 news, I have it so 26 etc. etc.

If I erase files .flt and .wx of the file " Files Flight Simulator " the system works normally.

Any idea?

Regards

[quote name="Foxgolfbravo

Sorry' date=' Pete i use already 1.48 version released on the 8th Sept.

There was a probleme with the FS title bar (maybe remembers you, I had sent you some screens shot to this subject) which is fixed, but always this quantity of files beyond 10...

Any idea?

[/quote]

No, none at all. I was sure that was fixed, as the only reason which could be for that is that it cannot find the folder. The folder is certainly named by one of the strings in LANGUAGE.DLL. and that is what AutoSave (and FSUIPC) now uses. Perhaps you could Zip yours and send it to petedowson@btconnect.com? It's in the FS2004 main folder. Thanks.

Pete

Hi Pete, me again.

I've the same problem. AutoSave 1.48 makes the specified number of

files (five in my case). But if I start FS again it makes five new files,

so I have ten, and so on...... :?

Regards

Dirk

PS: Sorry that I've didn't notice this before my post at Sep 06....

Hi Pete, me again.

I've the same problem. AutoSave 1.48 makes the specified number of

files (five in my case). But if I start FS again it makes five new files,

so I have ten, and so on...... :?

Yes, I found the bugAutoSave 1.48 isn't keeping its CFG file up to date as it writes new files. This is a result of the way I find the correct path on non-English versions of FS. :oops:

I've fixed it here and I'm just giving it a thorough re-test before releasing it as 1.49, later today or possibly tomorrow.

Very sorry. It seems I am getting careless in my old age. I will have to consider retiring from all this soon! :?

Regards,

Pete