The simFlight Network Forums

Sim Crashes, after running for a short time

Hello! :razz:

I've just bought FSUIPC, installed it and my sim wouldn't boot. So I uninstalled it, added the new .DLL file found in the installer package. Now sim boots, but after being on the start menu for a second or two, it freezes. Sometimes, it crashes on startup as well.

So I reinstalled my FSX, installed SP1 & 2, installed FSUIPC and registered it as the only thing. Still same problem. I've also tried adding the InitDelay=0 to the FSUIPC.cfg, still no luck.

I have also tried this, http://forum.simflig...irst-installed/.

I have confirmed that FSX works, without FSUIPC installed.

Here's the log:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.90 by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=60DD0000
User Name="Jakob Marker"
User Addr="jakob_marker@live.dk"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
16 System time = 16/05/2013 18:44:53
16 FLT path = "C:\Users\Jakob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
31 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
31 FS path = "D:\FSX\"
[/CODE]

I am really lost here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jakob Lindved Marker

I've just bought FSUIPC, installed it and my sim wouldn't boot. So I uninstalled it, added the new .DLL file found in the installer package.

By "new DLL" I assume you mean the FSUIPC_Loader?

Now sim boots, but after being on the start menu for a second or two, it freezes. Sometimes, it crashes on startup as well.

i'm sure this is a Simconnect problem, but do you have any actaul crash details? Check the Windows ogs in the Event Viewer. Without details its impossible to know what is going on, and the problems are really so rare.

So I reinstalled my FSX

That's really rather drastic and tends, mostly, to get SimConnect into a real mess, especially on Win Vista, Win7 or Win8. I found I needed to reinstall Winsows as well because I tried that once to see what the problem might be.

Here's the log:

That does seem to show that it's hanging inside SimConnect itself.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I meant the FSUIPC_Loader. Not exactly sure how to check the log properly, but here's what I could find:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-05-16T17:11:52.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>4252</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Jakob-Stationær</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>10.0.61472.0</Data>
<Data>3a4</Data>
<Data>01ce52586ae4fede</Data>
<Data>30</Data>
<Data>D:\FSX\fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>b1bf4830-be4b-11e2-939e-902b3415b63a</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
[/CODE]

Yes, I meant the FSUIPC_Loader. Not exactly sure how to check the log properly, but here's what I could find:

You shouldn't really need to use the Loader. its really only for getting around timing clashes with other Add-Ons. but I've not so far learned of any real benefits even then. It's a sort of experiment.

The crash data shows it deep inside FSX itself, so simconnect is the likely problem. There are only two things I know of causing crashes at tha stage:

1. Logbook.bin corruption. Try renaming it (I think that's in the same folder as your FSX.CFG).

2. Probably more likely, a bad WX file being loaded as default. Try, moving all of the .WX files out of the light Simulator X folder in your documents.

The former should affect FSX whether FSUIPC is loaded or not. The latter tends to be more obvious when FSUIPC is loaded becausde it is constantly asking SimConnect for weather data.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I just tried renaming the Logbook.BIN to Logbog.BIN (I found it in Documents/Flight Simulator X Files)

When I ran FSX next, it created a new file, called Logbook.BIN.

I am unable to find those .WX files anywhere?

Jakob

Unfortunately not, as I just reinstalled FSX - hope it ain't required?

Before you re-installed, did you uninstall at all? If so i think that wrecks Simconnect quite badly.

When you reinstalled, did you run FSX before each stage -- i.e. after the base install, then after SP1, then after SP2, before adding anything else? I think you need to.

Are you still trying to use the FSUIPC loader? If so don't. I don't really think it actually helps. It was only ever a "just in case...". To remove it, delete it from the Modules folder and re-run the FSUIPC4 Installer.

Are there any other add-ons installed at all?

Pete

Yes, I uninstalled every addon, followed by FSX itself.

The way I installed was: FSX, SP1, SP2, FSUIPC. Nothing else.

Just tried removing the FSUIPC_Loader, this popped up:

Wt52N.jpg

FSX now crashes on startup.

Jakob

Yes, I uninstalled every addon, followed by FSX itself.

This is actually a mistake. It tends to make a mess of SimConnect, which doesn't get properly uninstalled and therefore doesn't get re-installed correctly. I tested this to see what was going on, and the way the Registry stuff handles side-by-side libraries like SimConnect turned out to be a nightmare. The only way i got things working again was to reinstall Windows from scratch, then FSX etc. You might just be able to get around that if you have a Windows restore point dating back to a time before you started uninstalling.

The way I installed was: FSX, SP1, SP2, FSUIPC. Nothing else.

If you didn't run FSX between each stage then that could be a further reason for problems.

Just tried removing the FSUIPC_Loader, this popped up:

FSX now crashes on startup.

Okay. This is actually better, and now more like the standard SimConnect glitch, as described at length in the FAQ subforum thread "FSX fails to run after FSUIPC4 first installed". Please check that.

If there is a Windows error log entry for that crash, I'd be interested in what it contains. But going by the previous reports it doesn't help much. The crash occurs before FSUIPC is actually running.

The only other way of getting possibly useful information is with a SimConnect log -- there's a FAQ thread on how to get one of those too. But, again, this usually shows FSX crashing just whilst SimConnect is processing the entries in the DLL.XML telling it what to load.

Regards

Pete

So, just to sum up, easiest solution would be A Windows reinstallering? Since I do not have A retore point?

If the problem is indeed a screwed up SimConnect installation, I suspect that may be the only way. As I said, that's what I had to do. I did try all sorts of things first, to no avail. I think on Windows XP I could have sorted it out manually by Registry editing, but on Windows 7 it was way too complicated. I desperately wanted to be able to do it, because if I could have done it manually I could have written a program to do it too, and offered that for downloading for others in similar predicaments!

I assume you referred to that FAQ thread and tried everythnig suggested there, not just by me but by others too?

Regards

Pete

I assume you referred to that FAQ thread and tried everythnig suggested there, not just by me but by others too?

Hi Pete, yes, I reffered to that thread even before starting this one, as I had that problem to start with.

I will try reinstalling Windows (Again! :mrgreen:)

Hi Pete, yes, I reffered to that thread even before starting this one, as I had that problem to start with.

For most folks persistence eventually paid off. You only need to get it running once and it then stays okay (till the next update, anyway).

Pete

Hi Pete,

So I reinstalled Windows 7 now, and I got back to my desktop. I plugged in disk 1 and 2, ran up FSX and loaded a flight. Then installed SP1, ran up a flight and rebooted. Then SP2, ran up a flight and rebooted.

I then installed FSUIPC, it came up with the standard warning it does with every addon, asking me wether if I want to add this software to the trusted list or not. I clicked yes both times, and now have been waiting for FSX to start for 15 minutes. It does tell me it's not responding, but it havn't crashed.

I then installed FSUIPC, it came up with the standard warning it does with every addon, asking me wether if I want to add this software to the trusted list or not. I clicked yes both times, and now have been waiting for FSX to start for 15 minutes. It does tell me it's not responding, but it havn't crashed.

It takes quite a long time for FSX to sort itself out first time on a completely fresh system. Please check the Modules folder, see if there's an FSUIPC4.LOG file. If so, show it to me.

Regards

Pete

Module base=60570000
User Name="Jakob Marker"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
16 System time = 17/05/2013 13:29:14
47 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
63 FS path = "D:\FSX\"
[/CODE]

That's all it's showing

Module base=60570000
User Name="Jakob Marker"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
16 System time = 17/05/2013 13:29:14
47 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
63 FS path = "D:\FSX\"
[/CODE]

That's all it's showing

Right. So it's related somehow to something else in your system. The problem is, what. Possibly hardware connections related, since you presumably have not yest added anything into the FS installation.

Next two steps. Delete the FSUIPC4.INI file (make a copy first if you've settings ro save), so it makes a default one.

1. Try renaming the FSUIPC4.KEY file (in the FSX Modules folder) so it temporarily looks unregistered. That will eliminate things like joystick scanning and so on, which it won't do for unregistered users.

2. Please enable SimConnect logging as in the FAQ subforum thread. Let me see the log it produces.

If neither of these steps tells me anything I will have to try to add some specal logging in the early part of FSUIPC to see what is going on. I've really not seen anything like this before.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I deleted the FSUIPC4.INI file, renamed the FSUIPC4.KEY file to "FSUIPC4TestTest.key" and I added the SimConnect log - http://gupl.dk/696469/

Here's is the log from the normal FSUIPC4.txt:

Module base=5A8B0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
920 System time = 17/05/2013 16:42:54
920 FLT path = "C:\Users\Jakob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
967 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
983 FS path = "D:\FSX\"
1248 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
1248 SIM1 Frictions access gained
1248 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
1248 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
1248 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
1248 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
5179 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
5179 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
5179 FSUIPC Menu entry added
5226 D:\FSX\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
5226 D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
64054 System time = 17/05/2013 16:43:57, Simulator time = 16:42:58 (23:42Z)
64709 Starting everything now ...
65723 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
[/CODE]

The sim now boots, however, when I go to Addons and click FSUIPC, screen goes black and the sim crashes.

Here's is the log from the normal FSUIPC4.txt

Okay. So it looks to be hardware related. But if you have made changes to FSUIPC settings in the past, could you paste in your normal INI file file i can see if there's anything there to eliminate?

I'll work out a way to narrow it down a bit more.

The sim now boots, however, when I go to Addons and click FSUIPC, screen goes black and the sim crashes.

That's ALWAYS a function of the video driver. You'll need to make sure you are using a good one. The default installed by Windows is no good. You need the sapecific one for your make of video card from AMD or nVidia asite, or try Guru3D.com, they've got loads. The dialogue mode is bog-standard Windows. You can prtove it is a driver problem by changing FSX into Windowed mode before calling up the menu. it will then work okay. There's no difference in FSX/FSUIPC for dialogues in the different modes, except that the FSX screen itslf does blank for all dialogues, as you will know.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I just bought FSUIPC yesterday, so no I havn't made any changes :mrgreen:. I use an AMD 6870, I do have the correct drivers and I do run in windowed mode. It did this before I reinstalled my PC as well, and I had other addons like GSX, which uses the same method of doing a popup on FSX, which worked fine.

I know this does not give you much to work with, but it's all I got :-/

I just bought FSUIPC yesterday, so no I havn't made any changes :mrgreen:

Okay. Good. Then its looking like either a sound device or a game device (joystick or something). What do you have in these areas?

I use an AMD 6870, I do have the correct drivers and I do run in windowed mode. It did this before I reinstalled my PC as well, and I had other addons like GSX, which uses the same method of doing a popup on FSX, which worked fine.

Okay. If it does it in Windowed mode then it is probably related to the same hardware things -- in that case it must be joystick devices, because I suspect I probably rescan those when you enter the options even if you aren't registered. (I'll check that, because if I do I should change that).

I'm looking now for ways of narrowing it down. Meanwhile, can you tell me what is connected? What devices does it show in Windows' Game Controllers, for example?

Pete

I'm looking now for ways of narrowing it down.

There is logging of the device scanning actions already built in. Please re-instate your KEY file so you're registered again, then edit the INI file as follows:

In the [General] section, add:

Debug=Please

LogExtras=x200000

Then run FSX again and show me the FSUIPC4.LOG.

Pete

Hi Pete,

What I have connected is:

Logitech G15 Keyboard, Razer Nostromo Keypad, Logitech 3D Extreme Pro Joystick, Razer Naga Mouse and the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, with the throttle connected to that. Only reason I have the Yoke & Joystick, is that I can't connect the Saitek throttle's to my computer, without them going through the Yoke.

Okay, I edited the .key file and inserted the two lines into the .INI file.

The FSUIPC4.LOG file is here:

Module base=5A8B0000
User Name="Jakob Marker"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
405 System time = 17/05/2013 17:37:09
405 FLT path = "C:\Users\Jakob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
452 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
452 FS path = "D:\FSX\"
717 #### Initialising Dlrectinput Axis Scanning ...
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\0"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\1"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\2"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\3"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\4"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\5"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\6"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\7"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\8"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\9"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\10"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\11"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\12"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\13"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\14"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\15"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\16"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\17"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\18"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\19"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\20"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\21"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\22"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\23"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\24"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\25"
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\26"
[/CODE]

It goes on with the line, with one number higher for each line.

[CODE]
717 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\26"
[/CODE]

And stops with this line:

[CODE]
38048 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0000&PID_0111\Calibration\2137185"
[/CODE]