The simFlight Network Forums

No Axis Assignment in Axis Assignment Tab for a Specific Aircraft

What can I do when to a specific aircraft (Airbus X Extended) I don't see in Axis Assignment Tab any Axis when I try to setup it ?

How does this relate to a thread title of "No", and identically posted twice? (I've deleted the other).

Axis detection in that tab has nothing whatsoever to do with any specific aircraft, it only shows whatever axes are operating on joystick devices connected to your PC and working.

Pete

What I meant was that all others aircrafts in my library have no problem in assign the axis in Axis Assigment Tab, only Airbus X Extended

You mean something different happens when that aircraft just happens to be the one which is loaded? If so, what is different? When you say you have a problem, what IS the actual problem? Can you describe it please.

Pete

Sorry, I said : The others aircraft have NO problem...Only that aircaft, Airbus X Extended doesn't assign the axis.

When I try to setup the axis in Airbus, no one axis appear in the MOVE______ ________ LEVER window in Axis Assignment Tab.

Thanks,

Marco.

When I try to setup the axis in Airbus no one axis appear in the MOVE______ ________ LEVER window in Axis Assignment Tab.

Well, that's very odd. FSUIPC calls the Windows DirectInput functions directly to read them. It sounds like there's some code in that Aircraft which actively prevents that! Can they be assigned in FSX tself at all when that aircraft is loaded, because FSUIPC and FSX do the same thing here.

Sorry, but this looks like it is a question for the Airbus X support forum, or suppliers.

I've not heard about this from any other Airbus X users though. Is it specific to the 'Extended" version, I wonder?

Pete

Ok.. Pete, I've only Extended version of the Aerosoft Airbus X, I can't say about the other versions.

In some forum, I read that I would have to delete the Fsuipc.ini and the Fsuipc itself would regenerate it. I didn't try that because centainly I would lose my configs....

Thanks.

Marco Aurelio.

Cheers.

In some forum, I read that I would have to delete the Fsuipc.ini and the Fsuipc itself would regenerate it. I didn't try that because centainly I would lose my configs....

I don't see why that would help. Sounds like they just want you to lose settings which they want to bypass. If you wanted to try it, just make a safe copy of the INI first. You won't lose anything then.

You do realise that you can make generic assignments (i.e. non-aircraft specific or not in a specific Profile) which will then be applied to any aircraft without its own specific assignments. Don't you? Try that.

You didn't answer my question about assigning in FSX itself.

BTW I'm getting Aerosoft to authorise a copy of the aircraft for me to check out here. But I don't know when I'll be able to get to it -- sometime next week I expect.

Pete

I found this on the Aerosoft forum for the AirbusXExtened:

fsuipc-axis-assignment-instructions/

so it seems it SHOULD work okay. I really don't know what is going on with your installation.

BTW the forum title is

Aerosoft Airbus X A320/321 (formerly Airbus X Extended)

so does this mean the "Extended" is out of date?

Pete

Hi Peter,

First of all thanks so much for your attention in this Post !

Answering your question : All my Joysticks assingments are made by FSUIPC, I don't use FSX control settings, all controllers there, are disable and I didn't try to enable them to experimet with this aircraft.

In Chapter 8 of the Airbus documentation there is a link to Aerosoft Forum, http://forum.aerosof...es/#entry432569, that I have been used and the problem has gone. What I did was delete Fsuipc.ini, saving before my original Fsuipc.ini, as you have recomended in your early post reply. After that, everything worked normally..., axis and buttons assignments, including reverse thrust ( Throttle Dec and Throttle Cut ) and axis calibrations. If you want I can attach or send the Chapter 8, a single and short pdf file, to you. BTW.... The Airbus X throttle deck worked as a real one.

I believe that is only a change in the name to better express the range of the models A 320 to A 321, I bought this product 2 weeks ago ! Now at Aerosoft web store the product box is lable, Aerosoft X Extended A320/A321.

Again, thanks.

Marco Aurelio.

Answering your question : All my Joysticks assingments are made by FSUIPC, I don't use FSX control settings, all controllers there are disable and I didn't try to enable them to experimet with this aircraft.

I understand that. I only meant as a test, because both FSX and FSUIPC use the same method to read joystick axes, and if the Aircraft is able to stop one it should also stop the other.

In Chapter 8 of the Airbus documentation there is a link to Aerosoft Forum, http://forum.aerosof...es/#entry432569, that I have been used and the problem has gone. What I did was delete Fsuipc.ini, saving before my original Fsuipc.ini, as you have recomended in your early post reply. After that, everything worked normally..., axis and buttons assignments, including reverse thrust ( Throttle Dec and Throttle Cut ) and axis calibrations.

So my question becomes: WHAT exactly did you have in your original INI file which prevented FSUIPC reading axes for this one aircraft? That makes no sense. Can you please show me the original, and the one you've now set, so I can see the difference?

There is nothing I know of in FSUIPC which will stop it seeing axes for assignment. And looking at that Aerosoft Forum thread it seems no one else has any difficulty seeing the axes in the Axis Assignments tab, excepting when using the CH Control Manager, as stated here:

The other issue I ran into was when I installed CH Control manager (I wasn't using it previously), it immediately disabled recognition of both my CH yoke and CH Throttle quad via FSUIPC. So, moving any control on either of those devices showed no corresponding input in FSUIPC. It was as though they were no longer plugged in. I uninstalled CH Manager and they came back.

However, deleting all your settings and letting FSUIPC create a new default INI (something you said you didn't want to do) wouldn't change that. So I need to know, what DID change what you got?

AFTER assignment it is a different matter. Aircraft coding can prevent axes assigned to FS controls from being seen in Calibration. But that is not what you reported.

If you want I can attach or send the Chapter 8, a single and short pdf file, to you.

No thank you. I don't think that's relevant. The point is I know of nothing which would stop FSUIPC seeing an axis only in one aircraft, and certainly nothing in the INI file. I get the feeling you are mixing up what you see in the Axis Assignments tab and what you see in the Joystick Calibrations tab. With the latter there are several ways that the INI might stop the values coming through, depending on the aircraft.

Regards

Pete

I'll do the comparison later today

Well, the only real difference is that in the original you had almost every axis calibrated by default, for all aircraft. You never did profile-specific calibration. You did things like selecting slopes, reverse options (for brakes, spoiler and flaps) and no reverse zones for throttles. This is shown by these entries:

Elevator=-16384,-512,512,16192
SlopeElevator=4
Rudder=-16384,64,64,16383
LeftBrake=-16384,16383/16
RightBrake=-16383,16384/16
Throttle1=-16384,-512,512,16128/32
Throttle2=-16380,-512,512,16380/32
SlopeThrottle2=8
Spoilers=-16380,16380/16
Flaps=-16384,16128/16
SlopeRudder=8
SlopeLeftBrake=4
SlopeRightBrake=4
SlopeThrottle1=1[/CODE]

You evidently didn't bother much with the real job there, though, that of actually calibrating the levers, because most of those numbers are the default values which are not all that likely to suit any specific hardware.

In the new INI you have assigned axes from the Airbus, all to standard FS axis controls, and have actually calibrated the aileron and elevator:

[CODE]Aileron=-16159,0,0,16288
Elevator=-16287,0,0,16320[/CODE]

Again for all aircraft.

So, there's rerally nothing to indicate how you got what you said happening at all. It still makes no sense. Not only that, but no one else has reported anything similar.

If Aerosoft do provide me with a copy of the Airbus I'll try something like your two INI files here, but I suspect it must have been some odd sort of glitch on your specific system.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Peter...

Everything goes well now. About reverse... the original file INI had most GA Aircrafts, I was experimenting ORBX sceneries and REX, and had started to configure 737 NGX. It is a new PC. The profile below had three aircrafts, I believe...am I right ?

[Profile.C 185 F]

1=C185F SKYWAGON

2=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP

3=BOB

In my New INI, there is now an Airbus 32 profile....in building phase yet....ok ?

[Profile.Airbus 32]

1=Airbus A321 Air Berlin D-ASLB

2=Airbus A320 Finnair OH-LXD

3=Airbus A321 NEO Finnair OH-NEO

[Axes.Airbus 32]

0=0R,256,F,65764,0,0,0

1=2X,256,F,65763,0,0,0

2=2Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

3=2U,256,F,66420,0,0,0

4=2V,256,F,66423,0,0,0

[JoystickCalibration]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=66731

RudderTrimControl=66732

CowlFlaps1Control=66162

CowlFlaps2Control=66163

CowlFlaps3Control=66164

CowlFlaps4Control=66165

SteeringTillerControl=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Aileron=-16159,0,0,16288

Elevator=-16287,0,0,16320

[buttons.Airbus 32]

0=R2,21,C65966,0

1=U2,21,C65967,0

Best Regards and congratulations to your well worth contribution to FS's World Community,

Marco Aurelio.

Hi Pete,

Sorry for re-open this Post.

First of all, YOU WERE RIGHT ! What I did.... have been deleted Fsuipc.ini, if you remember, really didn't make sense.

Just reviewing...I said that...No axis assignment in Axis Assignment window for an specific aircraft,...that was Airbus X A320/A321 ( Formely Airbus X Extended, as you know... ;-) ) Said That....Today I realize that to assign axes in Airbus X A320/A321...beyond of the Aerosoft's Airbus X A320/A321 Documentation, in chapter 8, the aircraft has to be with hydraulic system working ! I was in Cold & Dark state when I was trying to setup the axes. When the electrical hydraulic pump got on, The axes came alive and FSUIPC could see the axes....does it make sense now ?

Here is the link for a picture of Aerosoft X A320/A321 Overhead Panel...without engines running yet but... Yellow ....Electrical Pump On in Hydraulic Panel.. https://www.dropbox....X A320 A321.png .

Thanks Peter.

Marco Aurelio

When the electrical hydraulic pump got on, The axes came alive and FSUIPC could see the axes....does it make sense now ?

Well, it means somehow that they have code in their aircraft which somehow hooks into DirectInput and prevents the axis values being read directly from Windows! I find that quite amazing and almost unbelievable that any aircraft maker would go to such an extent!

Pete

Hi Pete and everyone else,

The FSUIPC is a huge tool and extremely necessary for any serious simmer. All of us use GA Aircrafts and Airliners, and more then one Airliner, so WE NEED to be able to CREATE PROFILES... so The Manufactures Know that and MUST considering that..., the FSX assignments, as everyone might Knowing, is very..very limited. There is nothing wrong with FSUIPC. There are few and serious issues in the Airbus X A320/321, a spectacular project from Aerosoft, that certainly will be fix for them, and those issues has nothing to do with FSUIPC.

Pete, I apologize to waste your time.

Congratulations once more to your serious and important work for The World FSX's Community !

Warmly,

Marco Aurelio.

Pete, I apologize to waste your time.

Not wasted. It was (and still is) an interesting problem. I still don't understand how this occurs, because i really doubt that they hook into DirectX. that just makes no sense. I would investigate it here, out of sheer curiosity if nothing else, if Aerosoft would supply the aircraft. I have asked and I am still waiting - I will chase them up!

Best Regards

Pete

Not wasted. It was (and still is) an interesting problem. I still don't understand how this occurs, because i really doubt that they hook into DirectX. that just makes no sense. I would investigate it here, out of sheer curiosity if nothing else, if Aerosoft would supply the aircraft. I have asked and I am still waiting - I will chase them up!

Okay. I have received the Airbus X Extended package and installed it, and I am running it in FSX, and all my axes are clearly visible operaating in the FSUIPC4 axis assignments tab, and assignable.

So, it looks like there's something very odd with your system. I thought it a little odd that no one else had this problem, or at least reported it.

I'm not sure what to advise you now. You could try more logging. The joystick scan (which makes the list of devices in the FSUIPC4.INI file) and the reading and interpretation of assigned axes can be logged by adding these to your INI file, in the [General] section:

Debug=Please

LogExtras=x200008

but at present I've got no low level logging for the actual reading of the joysticks. Let me see what you get with that logging first.

Pete