The simFlight Network Forums

Adding new airport to myairports.dat

I have just created a new airport in ADE and placed the BGL file in Mytraffic scenery directory. I can now see the Airport in FSX. I now want to put the airport details in mt_plans/ myairports.dat. Is there a way where I can generate the airport details to add to the data file without having to line by line add all the information in myself?

Try reading the manual, first...there are sections which describe how to get a new or updated airport into the traffic database.

Basically, you dump the airport list from FSX, and import the resulting file into MyTrafficX. Once you've done that, MyTrafficX now knows about your airport, runways, parking spots, etc, and you can create schedules or add custom traffic, etc, to make AI fly to your new airport.

I am unable to see the Tools option in my FSX. I have found on the internet what the XML.DLL should read for it to appear but I am not sure in which directory the XML.DLL should reside in order for FSX to read it. Can anyone help me please?

First off, the file you should be looking for is not XML.DLL

The file you need to edit is called DLL.XML and is located here for Vista and Windows 7

Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Make a backup before you change anything, just in case...

Installation of the SDK into FSX is a well documented process. Some things have to be considered: Each of the 4 Versions of FSX ( RTM, SP1, SP2, Acceleration) has its own SDK, so make sure you have the right SDK installed. XML is a strict language, make sure you have no language error in the version you edited.