The simFlight Network Forums

constant beep sound when using EZCA after updating FSUIPC

Dear Mr. Dowson, since updating to the new FSUIPC version (4.90) and even after installing the latest module I get this strange issue: when changing views using EZCA I suddenly get the typical windows beep sound just as if a window was open in the background which I actually can't see. Then after some time I get an error message referring to EZCA. I can still use FSX after that but EZCA is being closed. It seems to me as if there was a problem with simconnect. I didn't get this issue before updating FSUIPC and there were no other changes in my FSX-configuration. Could this be due to any changes in FSUIPC compared to the older versions? Kind regards, Christian Baldauf

Dear Mr. Dowson, since updating to the new FSUIPC version (4.90) and even after installing the latest module I get this strange issue: when changing views using EZCA I suddenly get the typical windows beep sound just as if a window was open in the background which I actually can't see.

EZCA certainly doesn't use FSUIPC, and FSUIPC is totally unaware of view changes. Furthermore, I do not know of any "typical windows beep sound just as if a window was open in the background"! I don't believe I've ever noticed any sound just when a window is open in the background.

Then after some time I get an error message referring to EZCA. I can still use FSX after that but EZCA is being closed.

Maybe this Window you cannot see tells you why EZCA has a problem. Have you looked? Seems to me that if you do believe that the beep means there is such a window, the main and first thing to do is look at it!

It seems to me as if there was a problem with simconnect. I didn't get this issue before updating FSUIPC and there were no other changes in my FSX-configuration. Could this be due to any changes in FSUIPC compared to the older versions?

The only change in the most recent version was the omission of the signature check. If FSUIPC had a problem with Simconnect then it would log the problem, or FSX would crash. Also, there's no way I know that one SimConnect client can interfere with another.

I use EZCA all the time for my views and of course keep FSUIPc up to date. There's never been any interaction. I suggest you contact EZCA support with the details of the error message you do get, and possibly the contents of the Window you aren't looking at.

Regards

Pete

First of all: Thanks for the answer. What I mean is the sound which is played by windows when a message-window is shown. The problem is I don't see this window (not talking about full screen, of course) - otherwise I would have taken a look at it...

The only hint I get is that EZCA closes after some beeping time and the error message shows something about a stackhash-module. As i said: it's no CTD and no OOM-thing, because I can still use FSX. Just without being able to look around or change views.

First of all: Thanks for the answer. What I mean is the sound which is played by windows when a message-window is shown. The problem is I don't see this window (not talking about full screen, of course) - otherwise I would have taken a look at it...

The only way you'll find out what it is, then, is to switch to it to look at it. Either use ALT-TAB to switch directly, or ALT+ENTER to switch to Windowed mode then look at it!

The only hint I get is that EZCA closes after some beeping time and the error message shows something about a stackhash-module. As i said: it's no CTD and no OOM-thing, because I can still use FSX.

If EZCA is crashing only the EZCA folks can solve it. But please look at the message you believe is there!

Pete