The simFlight Network Forums
ramon.cutanda

Suggestions: Departure Window, TA, MDA, Max speed and SID STARS in plans

Hi,

I've been making a search in the forum about the topics included in the title of this post but I haven't been able to find the information I'm interested in. So I open this new thread. I do apologize if I write about topics dealt with before.

FSC is for me as an essential part of a flight as FSX itself. I could not imagine my life as a virtual pilot without it. However, over the time I've found some features missing and I'd like to point them out just in case they can be taken into consideration for the development of future versions:

Departure WIndow:

That feature is AMAZING. I have access to official Jeppenson charts. But for most of the times I find that the Departure Window offers me all the information I need for my arrivals. But there's not such a window for Departures. Wouldn't it be great to have them both, SIDS and STARS?

Transition Altitude:

Even if a Departure window was added, I would still need to use charts to check the Transition altitude, Minimum Decision Height and Maximum Approach speeds. I haven't been able to find out if that information is available in the AIRACS with which FSC and oder addons are updated, so maybe I'm asking fot the impossible. But just in case, I wanted to ask.

Adding SIDS and STARS to Auto-generated flight plans

Most of the times, FSC makes and outstanding job when auto generating flight plans. But those autogenerated plans do not always follow a SID or STAR. They do sometimes, but not always. So, most of the times I use RouteFinder for that task. Again, it would be great if I could "force" FSC to use the last point of a SID as my first route waypoint and a IAF or any other STAR waypoint as the last one.

Thanks so much for taking my words into consideration and, once again, I'm sorry if I'm arising topics already covered in the past.

Kindest regards,

Hi Ramon,

Thank you for your suggestions and that you are, so far, satisfied with the FlightSim Commander.

You mean, that you want have a departure window, similar to the approach window.

An independent departure window is not developed.

The FlightSim Commander has access only to a special set of selected data.

There are no data, such as, transition altitude, Minimum Decision Height and so on, available.

For some transitions the maximum approach speed is displayed in the flight plan- and approach window.

An automatically generated flight plan include SIDs and STARs is not possible

with the Dijkstra algorithm used within the FlightSim Commander.

Kind regards,

Volker

You mean, that you want have a departure window, similar to the approach window.

Ups... I wrote it the other way round!!! Thankfully you managed to understand my point :smile:

There are no data, such as, transition altitude, Minimum Decision Height and so on, available.

I was afraid that was the reason... But because I was not able to find that information anywhere else I decided to ask. Thanks for clarifying this matter.

For some transitions the maximum approach speed is displayed in the flight plan- and approach window.

I had noticed altitude restrictions showing in some plans, even in SIDs. That what made me think a "Departure Window" similar to the arrivals was possible.

An automatically generated flight plan include SIDs and STARs is not possible

with the Dijkstra algorithm used within the FlightSim Commander.

Thats a pitty... At least Route Finder is integrated within FSC interface :smile:

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply my enquiries.

Kindest regards,

I've been recently using ATC-Pro and it DOES include the Transition Altitudes. ATC-Pro is based on Navigraph cycles so that makes me wonder why ATC-Pro can offer that information but FSC doesn't.

Thans for reading.

Bests,