The simFlight Network Forums
ramon.cutanda

Suggestion: Click airways to add them to the flightplan

I like to create my own "weird" routes not followed by any airline in real life. So I've spent may hours "playing" with FSC to create my custom routes. One of the things that would save A LOT of time would be to be able to add airways by clicking on them. I mean. What I do so far is:

Choose my departure airport.

Have a look at the SIDs available

Choose the most likely to be assigned by ATC according to my route.

Choose as the first waypoint of my route the last one of the SID. Luckly most of the time that point is common to all the runways available, which simplifies things.

Now... here comes the "tricky" part. I follow the airway of my first waypoint until an intersection in which I will need to change airway. Then I add that second waypoint to my route. But FSC is not "intelligent" enough as to guess I want to follow that ariway instead of making a "direct". So I have to manually insert the airway between those waypoints. But if airways were "clickable" I could:

1. Add my first waypoint

2. Add the airway I will follow

3. Add the intersection where I'll be changing my airway

4. And so on and so forth.

Of course I'm not ASKING or DEMANDING anything. It's just a suggestion. It can be taken into consideration or not... Just up to you :smile:

Bests,

Hi Ramon,

the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of the FSCommander does not allow the selection of the Airways.

But FSC is not "intelligent" enough as to guess I want to follow that ariway instead of making a "direct".

The FSCommander is so smart when keying the airway before the waypoint.

As a workaround, I suggest the following solution:

Enter the desired airway in the route string and then search, using the FIND OBJECT function, this airway.

Select and track the airway on the MAP. Select the desired intersection. etc. etc.

Regards,

Volker

Hello Volker,

Thanks for the tip. But that requires typing and what I was thinking of was using a method where only the mouse was needed.

But thanks for taking the trouble to reply and thinking of that workaround.

Bests,