The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic Professional_54B Installation in P3D

Hi all, After installing this software and following installation instructions by the book, I haven't been able to have it working yet. So I began some trouble shooting of my own. But, I have some questions which will help me to understand the situation and lead me to hopefully solve the problem. 1) Do I leave in P3D the Traffic Global Settings to its default value (Ultra High) or should I have to reset these values to 0 for the 3 entries? 2) In P3D Scenery Area, what priority number should it take after adding it (MyTraffic took priority over my other add-ons to 1). Is this okay? If not, where should it go? I will appreciate anyone who can help out. Many thanks, George

The best place for MyTraffic in scenery library is between "addon scenery" and "propellor objects". At least all individual addon airports should be above MyTraffic, which from scenery side is a collection of about 2000 airports.

But besides aircraft taxi besides taxiways or in buildings of addon airports MyTraffic should work.

Traffic global settings should not be 0, everything between 20% and 100% is fine for the beginning and then it is your decision how much traffic you want to see.

So what is the problem? If you do not see any AI traffic at all, this usually means one of the 3 reasons:

1. MyTraffic\aircraft has not been added to Prepar3D.cfg - you can check this using the Communicator
  2. MyTraffic has not been added as scenery
  3. You have an AI addon for FS8/FS9 installed, which is incompatible to FSX/P3D.

Burkhard,

NEED your help again.

Just flew into Atlanta and had 0 AI - I was the only plane there...

Here are my settings:

1. In P3D config: SimObjectPaths.7=MyTraffic\Aircraft

2. dll.xml - Launch.Addon - Name - Traffic Toolbox Disabled - False ManualLoad - False

Path - C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox\TrafficToolbox.dll

3. In Prepar3D Folder - Scenery\World\scenery - trafficAircraft.bgl.passive

I "am" showing some FTX Traffic Folders(.bgl) for my FTX-Orbx Sceneries

4. In P3D console, I have My Traffic one line below "propellor objects"

In my scenery console in P3D - I have the scenery added path

as follows: Prepar3D\My Traffic

5. My scenery is set to 60% in the Prepar GUI

6. My Traffic Communicator shows that - TrafficDataBasebuilder found highlighted in green.

What on earth am I doing wrong???? it's been working fine for several months.

Your help is always appreciated.

cthiggin

Do the following in this case:

In Prepar3D Folder - Scenery\World\scenery - trafficAircraft.bgl.passive remove the .passive to enable the stock AI traffic. Do you see the AI traffic from the original install of P3D now?

If you do, we have a pronlem to identify in your MyTraffic setup.

If you don't, then you have disabled P3D AI traffic, most likely by installation of an incompatible addon, and we have to identify this.

Hello Burkhard,

I removed "passive" and I do have the default P3D AI traffic, not a whole lot @60% and for Atlanta.

I went back and renamed the trafficAircraft.bgl and added the .passive. NO traffic. I also went to KSEA and had 0 traffic.

The "only" add-on I've made in months is the QualityWings BA-146.

Where to next?

Thanks so much for your support.

cthiggin

OK, so we know that it is not an incompatible schedule issue. Next step: Move a few of the aircraft Folder from MyTraffic\aircraft over to simobject\airplanes, the A320 or B733 olways a good candidate. If you see these aircraft now, we know it is an issue with the Prepar3D.cfg entry.

Next we should addess the scenery side, you can leave the aircraft there for the moment:

Please select Ramstein Airbase, ICAO code ETAR, as yourstart location. Do you get the choice od many military parkings to place yourself?

If you do, the MyTraffic\scenery folder contains three big files, among them MyTrafficCommercial.bgl with a size of approx 123 MB?

Burkhard,

1. Upon starting P3D, when it started loading traffic/ships/etc. at the end, it took about 9 seconds.

2. I used the "Go To Airport" Tab and selected Ramstein Airbase, ETAR, and at the end when it started loading the traffic etc., it took about 3 seconds.

I selected a parking spot....there were many listed....................STILL no AI Traffic....

3. MyTrafficCommercial.bgl is only 5.5 megs in size......said it was last changed on 060113. WAY OFF from 123 megs in size.

MyGlobal.bgl is 78 megs in size.

Thanks for your continued support in my issue.

cthiggin

Ah, that is interesting, ist should be big, so maybe we are on the track.

Please place the two files from the attached archive into the MyTraffic folder, than double click onto compile_with_log.bat.

This will run some seconds, and create a file mytrafficcommercial.log. This will be long, with many many warnings and "errors" that some aircraft cannot be compiled, waht matters are the last about 10 lines of this log file. What is the size of the file mytrafficcommercial.bgl created in the MyTraffic folder now?

compile_with_log.zip

Hello Burkhard,

Did as you requested.

The last 10 lines of the log were 8 warnings, last two error.

mytrafficcommercial.bgl is now 127 megs in size.

I fired up P3D and loaded Ramstein and still 0 traffic.

Thanks and I'll be watching for our next move.

Have a blessed one.

cthiggin

It does not end with

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl : Saving airport data...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl : Saving object types...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl : Saving object instances...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl : Saving spatial cells...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl : Saving boat routes...

? Or similar messages?

What is the decimal seperator on your system? Can you create a file in the MyTraffic folder without interaction of the user access control?

Hello Burkhard,

I did not hear from you yesterday and last evening, after reading the manual, I un-installed and started fresh.

After all was finished, rebooted, opened P3D and made the scenery entry.

ALL is well with plenty of traffic "again" like it used to be.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. In traffic configurator, Under "configure MyTraffic3D Tab, first choice, "manage aircraft configurations:........

Should that box be checked - Use models for wide screen??? since I have a wide 37" monitor??

2. I have the SDK folder in the root of P3D - I have also copied it over to the MyTraffic Folder - I have my P3D dll.xml path pointing to: SDK\C:\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D\MyTraffic\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\TrafficToolbox.dll - IS this correct?

Is it necessary to make any change to the dll.xml that's in the Toolbox SDK Folder???

I have also added the "TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe" in the root of My Traffic..

Just want to "make sure" I have EVERYTHING in order as you and manuals have instructed.

Thanks so very very much for your help and hopefully, these questions will be the last.

cthiggin

If you see that your system makes the LOD switches too near to your view than switch to the wide screen models, if they don't don't fix what isn't broken - of course going to wide screen models may cause frames.

If you have traffictoolbox.dll at C:\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D\MyTraffic\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\TrafficToolbox.dll then the entry line has to be

<Path>C:\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D\MyTraffic\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path>

If you have problems that it does not show, most likely you have a grammar error in your XML file. A good check is then to doble click onto dll.xml. If you see the text opening in a browser then all is fine, or you get an error message that gives you a hint what is wrong.

P3D like FSX only use the dll.xml from your user profile. What is elsewhere does not matter, but if you have a working version it might be a good idea to copy it into the the SDK folder as backup, case something goes wrong with the working copy, which may happen since there are installers out there that modify this file...

Now enjoy it!

Hello Burkhard,

You have again answered all my questions and I am on the right track with everything in order.

Still don't know what went wrong - but the complete reinstall of MyTraffic sure fixed it.

Thanks again for you kind patience and superb help in resolving my problems.

Have a blessed one.

cthiggin

Burkhard, thank you for your reply! After positioning MyTraffic above the propellor objects, as you indicated, it began to show AI traffic as expected.The problem was that when I added MyTraffic into the "scenery library", for some reason it placed itselft in position 1 instead, and that, apparently, prevented the AI Traffic from showing up properly. Thanks again. Your tip solved my problem.

George.