The simFlight Network Forums

Help! Unknow Debilitating FSX issue

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some help with an issue that I am having with FSX.

The issue is that when I start a flight, for instance at KBOS, with the PMDG the sim runs fantastically around 30 fps for about 5 seconds. Then I get a gd3.dll error and Fsuipc catches it and keeps the sim alive. The problem starts one fsuipc reloads the sim.

It comes back nearly frozen. The startup timer for the PMDG NGX instead of taking its normal 19 seconds took almost 19 minuets, and during this time the hat switch on my yoke is completely inop and the computer does not respond to any inputs I make to it, and the scenery around the aircraft is stuck in a loading phase. This is then the state of the sim, I left it in this state for a half hour walked away and came back to it and there was no change.

I have tried Bojotes fsx cfg tweaking tool, deleting and rebuilding the fsx cfg, deleteing and reinstalling fsuipc, adjusting my sliders to lower setting and still no luck.

I think I am running a fairly high end system with a AMD quad core 4.2ghz processor, 8GB gddr3 RAM, a GTX 660Ti with 2GB gddr 5 RAM, 500 gb hardrive, and 450 watt power supply..

I have no idea what could be causing this and I am desperate for help. Anything someone can suggest to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I was wondering if I could get some help with an issue that I am having with FSX.

Do you think you could use a larger font next time. yours is too small for me to read easily!

I will change it for the rest of my reply:

The issue is that when I start a flight, for instance at KBOS, with the PMDG the sim runs fantastically around 30 fps for about 5 seconds. Then I get a gd3.dll error and Fsuipc catches it and keeps the sim alive. The problem starts one fsuipc reloads the sim.

Hold on. FSUIPC simply logs one specific G3D error and prevents it crashing the Sim. Even if that actually occurs you would never know it until AFTER you finish the flight and examined the FSUIPC log file. There is no "keeping the sim alive" because there is no need -- the crash is stopped before it can happen -- and in any case FSUIPC most certainly never reloads anything. I think you must be completely misinterpreting some other problem you are having which is not related to FSUIPC at all.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for your reply, and I appologize about the font.. I used spell check in MS word copy and pasted.

You are proably right about my misinterptiting. I honestly have only a vauge idea at best as to how fsuipc works, and all I know for certian is that it saves or saved me from having alot of headaches. With that bit of explaniation let me reword my problem. The reloading I am refering to is when what im assuming is fsuipc catching the crash and the sim loading bar comes up with the black screen behind it and the load bar says loading AI traffic.. then right back into the flight. It is at this point that when it comes back that FSX esentialy stops working. Granted this probably has no relation to fsuipc, and if so could you possibly help shed some light on what might be causing it as I am highly confused and frustrated. If it helps I can provide you with a copy of my FSX.cfg.

Thank you.

The reloading I am refering to is when what im assuming is fsuipc catching the crash and the sim loading bar comes up with the black screen behind it and the load bar says loading AI traffic.

It probably isn't FSUIPC which is doing that. It sounds more like a time discrepancy and you have some program trying to keep the time synchronised? It might even be the option in FSUIPC to synchronise the time -- turn that off and see. It isn't enabled by default in any case. There are other programs which also change the traffic quantity which would cause a reload too..

Why do you think this is any way something to do with a G3D.DLL error? You were very specific about that. With it occurring withing 5 seconds of starting the flight it really sounds more like an initialisation bug in the PMDG NGX, something which doesn't like changes being made at a crucial time.

. then right back into the flight. It is at this point that when it comes back that FSX esentialy stops working. Granted this probably has no relation to fsuipc, and if so could you possibly help shed some light on what might be causing it as I am highly confused and frustrated. If it helps I can provide you with a copy of my FSX.cfg.

I've really no idea. And i can't help with FSX.CFG settings. I always refer to the very useful guide available on AVSIM -- see the FSX Forum there. Your problem sounds much more specific to the PMDG aircraft. Have you looked to the NGCX support forum? I'm afraid I don't use any clever add-on aircraft.

If there is any sort of FSUIPC problem it will be in the FSUIPC4.LOG file, in your FS Modules folder. Next time it happens get that and paste it here and I'll tell you if there's anytrhing helpful there.

Meanwhile maybe you can explain why you referred to a G3D error?

Pete

There are other programs which also change the traffic quantity which would cause a reload too..

If there is any sort of FSUIPC problem it will be in the FSUIPC4.LOG file, in your FS Modules folder. Next time it happens get that and paste it here and I'll tell you if there's anytrhing helpful there.

Meanwhile maybe you can explain why you referred to a G3D error?

Pete

What other programs are there that change the traffic quantity and cause reload while the sim is running?

And I will most deffenity take a look at the FSUIPC4.LOG file when I get home.. I made referance to the G3D error earlier because before I instaled and registered FSUIPC4 this was almost singurarly the cause for my FSX ctd's, which were frequant. Then after instaliation the G3D's stopped as promised with the exception that the reload bar would come up on the screen and then the flight would resume. An example of what im talking about with the reload bar can be seen in a video I posted to YouTube here

I tried to edit them all out but I forgot one near the begining of the video. It is these breaks were exclusivly caused by G3D errors prior to instaliation of FSUIPC.

Edited by JSamaro

What other programs are there that change the traffic quantity and cause reload while the sim is running?

Several. there's a sync option in the Aivlasoft EFB data provider. There's FSRealTime. And there's the option in FSUIPC. All are optional as far as I know. Maybe you have others. I can't tell from here.

I'm afraid your YouTube link doesn't work.

Pete

Interesting I will take a look at those as well when I get home.. As far as the YouTube link not working search, fsx hd southwest airlines landing in myrtle beach ,and it will be the first video.

Found it, but you said there was an example of your problem near the beginning. I saw none. And if it then hangs as you say, how does the video manage to continue?

Pete

The example is right inbetween seconds 42 to 45. In the time window you see a quick break in the video that lasts less than a second. This break inside the sim last's about two to three seconds, and is what I have always thought was FSUIPC saving the sim from crashing to the desktop. These breaks didnt begin until after I had installed and registered FSUIPC well after I had purchased the PMDG. The video manages to continue because I recorded then re rendered the flight using FSrecorder. Then I edited the film in iMovie. If you watch the film closley there are multiple stutters where the frames seem to skip.. These are all similar breaks in the sim that I edited out.

Lastley I would just like to say thank you for helping me with this.. I know that it is a rather convoluded issue that I have not expailed in adequatly thourough detail.

The example is right inbetween seconds 42 to 45. In the time window you see a quick break in the video that lasts less than a second. This break inside the sim last's about two to three seconds, and is what I have always thought was FSUIPC saving the sim from crashing to the desktop.

It's too short for me to read it, but if it only referred to traffic and nothing else, it is something to do with traffic loading for some nearby airports. That could be due to a time shift, or a traffic injection program like UT2. Time shifts usually cause some scenery reloading too because of differences in shadows and tones.

And in any case it's nothing whatsoever to do with any G3D.DLL crash prevention. There's no way you'd notice when FSUIPC catches one of those, it simply forces an early exist from some scenery processing. The most you might notice is a piece of scenery not finished drawing correctly, but that would be okay on the next frame in any case. FSUIPC is simply getting around memory corruptions caused by faulty scenery processing. The ONLY way you'd ever notice this is after your flight when you check the FSUIPC4 log file. It counts them too and gives you a summary at the end.

Pete

Thank you for you help with these Pete. It turns out that the Fs time sync option in FSUIPC was the issue for the pause, relaod, and resumeing of the flights. Right after I disabled that they all went away. Thank you! that and I added an affinity mask to the CFG and fsx is now on par with what my FS9 was in terms of frames and smoothness. Again thank you for helping my through this and helping me understand just how FSUIPS works.

It turns out that the Fs time sync option in FSUIPC was the issue for the pause, relaod, and resumeing of the flights.

Yes, I did suggest that at the start. Whenever the time is changed by more than a minute, FSX reloads traffic. The time sync option is NOT defaulted on in FSUIPC, so you must have opted for it at some stage.

Glad you sorted it.

Regards

Pete