The simFlight Network Forums

no commercial traffic only ga traffic

greencow

Hello, STBDS says ifr slider 100% and VFR 100% while in UT2 IFR 100% VFR 0%. Only VFR flights appears in STB and no IFR flights. In FSX I have a lot of commercial Airlines I can follow With traffic toolbox but none with STB. For information STB is V 3.2.040 and STBDS is V 3.2.043. Thank you for your help. (PS Can't use return carriage in this forum...)

The other interesting thing about what you see is they are all scheduled, not actually showing up in FSX yet. Please try these two things:

1) Configuration -> Compile Airports

2) Configuration -> Settings -> Data Interpretation -> Level of Detail -> Summary

The first should make the scheduled aircraft as you see in your picture match the reality of FSX, and the second removes the future schedules so you only see "live traffic".

Are you exclusively UT2, some UT2 and some other AI package, are no UT2?

Simon

Tried this :

Advanced Member

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1786 posts

• LocationEGBE - Warwickshire, England

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

OK, that tells me a great deal about the problem. And you are right, both problems are interconnected.

The flights with the really large FSObjectID values (i.e. >3,000,000,000) are scheduled flights that have yet to occur (or at least FSX has yet to generate AI for), and the smaller numbers are real AI. The scheduled flights are being triplicated for some reason, so we need to trace STB-DS running on the FSX computer to understand why.

Here's how to make a trace.

1) Locate the STB-DS application folder on the FSX computer, e.g. C:\Users\Simon Jones\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\STB Data Server

2) Create a file called TrafficBoard.ini in the folder and add the following contents:

[Trace]

True

[Trace Flush]

True

[Trace Schedule]

True

3) Shutdown and restart FSX if it is running

4) Once FSX has a flight loaded, bring up the STB-DS window and perform a "compile airports"

5) Connect the STB client, and see if you get the triplicated flights.

6) Close both FSX and STB client, and send me the STB-DS trace. This is in the application folder on the FSX PC, called StbDataServer.trace.txt. It might be big, but usually zips very well. Please email that to me, my contact details are at www.supertrafficboard.com

Thanks

Simon

without success

Can't find StbDataServer.trace.txt searching all my fsx computer.

Create trafficboard.ini in c:\Utilisateurs\Jean-Louis\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\STBDataServer with [Trace]

True

[Trace Flush]

True

[Trace Schedule]

True

Then have Launched FSX. Waited the flight has loaded and have performed a "compile airports". Has launched STB on the deported pc. CTRL SHIFT S and no aircrafts shown in stb. Waited few minutes and closed fsx ans stb. Have Tried to find StbDataServer.trace.txt without success on fsx computer even searching in all my computer. Tried to find it in the deported PC without success.

Don't worry about STB-DS for now, I don't think that's involved in the problem you are seeing. On the STB (deported PC), do the following:

1) Create TrafficBoard.ini with the content from above (Trace, Trace Flush, etc) in your STB application data folder. In V3.2 this is a little different than before, due to Prepar3D support: %appdata%/FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3\Flight Simulator X. So for me, it is C:\Users\Simon Jones\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3\Flight Simulator X

2) Run STB until you experience the problem you are describing. Then close STB, and you will find the trace file in the same folder.

If that does not fix it, perhaps we can arrange a TeamViewer session where I can get it set up for you?

Simon

Thank you for the trace. You'll remember there are two communications channels into STB, one comes from FSX and the other from UT2. I see plenty of information from FSX, but nothing at all from UT2. During the sessions you had trace running, where there any problems with asking UT2 to send data to STB? The "ctrl+alt+S" procedure in FSX or the UT2 pull down menu?

In a way that's not your initial problem, as you say you never see any AI aircraft, which you should even without the UT2 data arriving. So just before we try to figure it out with TeamViewer, please check in STB:

Settings

Data Interpretation Tab

"Hide Incomplete Flights" is not checked

(If it is checked, that may be the cause of your problem)

Simon

Hello

Have installed STB on FSX computer and launched it. STB was ok. So I've checked the settings in stb on fsx computer and on the deported pc. I've corrected it and now I have GA and Commercial traffic. But I can't have due time.