The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG gear assigned to FSUIPC

Hi,  first of all, i am sorry if the solution to my problem is stated elsewhere, but i cant seem to locate it. in every aircraft i have, i assign the landing gear to a  saitek throttle quadrant. i set a range for the gear to be down and when it exits that range the gear goes up. this is not working with the FSX PMDG 737 NGX. the gear will go up, but when the lever (on my throttle) is pulled down, the on screen gear lever begins to pulse in and out and the gear doesnt go down. i also notice on take off that the a warning sounds as if the gear is not down, but it is.  i am using windows 7, fresh fsuipc.ini and registered FSUIPC. any help will be appreciated.

i assign the landing gear to a  saitek throttle quadrant. i set a range for the gear to be down and when it exits that range the gear goes up. this is not working with the FSX PMDG 737 NGX. the gear will go up, but when the lever (on my throttle) is pulled down, the on screen gear lever begins to pulse in and out and the gear doesnt go down. i also notice on take off that the a warning sounds as if the gear is not down, but it is.

I expect it is because PMDG do their own thing. You'll need to look in their SDK to find the correct controls to assign instead.

Regards

Pete

i will post on their forum, thanks pete!

Well, whilst that's certainly a good idea, you should really refer to the SDK installed for you when you updated the NGX. The PMDG_NGX_SDK.h file contain a list of all the controls it supported and I see these listed:

// Gear panel

#define    EVT_GEAR_LEVER                            (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 455)

#define    EVT_GEAR_LEVER_OFF                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 4551)

#define    EVT_GEAR_LEVER_UNLOCK                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 4552)

You'll need to add the "... MIN" value to get the control number before assignment. I did add facilities into FSUIPC specifically to allow such custom controls to be easily assigned by number. I would assume the "EVT_GEAR_LEVER" control would take a parameter to tell tthe lever what to do. You'd need to experiment with that part -- it might be 1 and 0 or it might be more of a full range type of value, 0 and 4096 or 0 and 16383. I don't know, I've not got a working PMDG NGX installation.

Regards

Pete

Quick follow up : this totally helped me solve this. I now have my gear working the way I want it!

Glad it was so quick.

Could you describe what worked, so others searching for this will be helped too, please?

Regards

Pete

Thanks. But the details are very hard to read. Nevertheless it looks like you are still assigning to the normal FSX Gear Up and Gear Down controls, nothing specific to PMDG. And though you seem to have set parameters for these, FSX doesn't actually use them so I'm not sure what you are accomplishing. It actually looks like the NGX would work with the normal methods in any case ...?

Can you clarifty please?

Regards

Pete

I hope this helps...i do have one more question....im trying not to assign the individual switches to keys presses.  for instance, i want to switch the retractable left landing gear to my "V" key, and i went into the SDK to get the parameters, and i was able to get key switch assigned, but only to go from extended to retracted. i couldnt find where i could enter a value that would allow my key to extend the light. does that make sense?

i reuploaded the picture and zoomed in a little more, is it still unclear? all i know is that the settings were not working with the pmdg 737 before i entered in the parameters. the lever in the sim was pulsing and the gear was not reacting correctly. after entering the parameters, it worked fine. only thing is if i want to turn the landing gear to the off position, i still have to click it the lever in the screen.

ok, update, sorry pete, the key was i unchecked the control to repeat whilst in range box...i had that checked before and that was the difference. i guess the parameters werent the key....sorry to waste your time there...

Thanks for clarifying.

Those parameters actually look like control numbers for PMDG NGX, maybe even the ones I mentioned? If you had actually assigned those the displays would show <70090> and <74184> (as I don't build in names for add-on controls).

Pete