The simFlight Network Forums

User Flight Detail

Trident_3B

Hi Simon,

Just a quickkie. I have started including my user flight, which I understand is taken from loading the FSX flight plan into FSX?. As I have all my board info in upper case, my user flight appears in Upper/lower case, as does the destination/origin. Also the flight is minus the Airline code (QF) I'm using UT2 and all other AI detail is correct. Can this be easily rectified? See Pic

Also, would like to change "VTBS" (in pic) to Bangkok. Is this possible? FSX Accel/Win 7

Thanks,

Chris Morgan,  PERTH

post-5545-0-39927700-1372850662_thumb.jp

Hi Chris, long time no speak!

- Yes, the flight plan is read for arrival and departure info.  However you can set it manually in STB instead through the user flight menu.

- Upper case for user flight I'll need to check into.

- Airline code I'll also need to look into!

- VTBS should get fixed by makerunways then compile airport database from the configuration menu (or equivalent on STB-DS if using STB and FSX on separate computers).

Simon

The lack of upper case in the departure airport name is a bug; I'll have a look at fixing it.  As far as I can see, that's the only column in lower case.

For the UT2 AI, most of the flight codes from from UT2 itself.  For your user aircraft, we need to set up a relationship between your callsign as set in the aircraft.cfg and the corresponding flight code.  Once you know what your callsign is, go to "Configuration", "Settings", "Objects", and Edit Airlines.  Scroll to the bottom where you can add new data next to the "*" and enter the relevent details.  Save your changes etc, and you should be good shape after restarting STB.

Simon

Hi Simon, OK thanks a lot for that. I couldn't get VTBS to show as Bangkok after doing Make runways and compile, but just realised that thats a new airport so isnt in FSX city listings, so not sure what to do there. I may try adding some Bangkok scenery?  Cheers  Chris

Hi Simon, Ill have to have a dig around. I have AFX on my PeeCee, so should be able to find it, so then its just the lower case issue.  Cheers  Chris Just to add fuel to the fire, I just set up a flight from DPS to PER again, Sorted out the Flight prefix, so thats all good. Sitting on stand at DPS, my flight shows up as Perth, in upper case in Departures DPS6, If I unselect auto airport, then select Perth Airport Arrivals, (But I''m still parked at DPS) that is where it changes to lower case, so dont know if that gives you any clue :-)