The simFlight Network Forums

Help Needed! Flight Simulator rudder not responding

Hey guys i'm new to flight simulators and need some assistance. The rudders in the flight sim doesn't respond, using fsuipc  and changing the configuration doesn't help either. I'm thinking about changing the potentiometer in the rudder but i don't know where or how i start with that any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys i'm new to flight simulators and need some assistance. The rudders in the flight sim doesn't respond, using fsuipc  and changing the configuration doesn't help either. I'm thinking about changing the potentiometer in the rudder but i don't know where or how i start with that any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is not really a hardware forum -- you might find better help for repairing rudders over in mycockpit.org forums. However, there are obvious things to check. I assume they are USB connected? Are they commercial rudders or homemade? Does Windows recognise the device at all (check the devices listed by Windows in the control panel)?

Try a different USB port. If the device is connected through a hub try connecting direct instead. And try changing the cable.

The pot itself is unlikley to be broken. It can get dirty and give erratic results, but no response at all is more likely to be connection problems or something simple like a broken wire -- maybe inside the device of course.

Regards

Pete

Thanks i'll also join their forum, all devices listed in device manager appear to be connected and working, i will try re connecting directly or changing cables and see if that, works, thanks for your quick reply, i'll update with my progress soon 

Tiller is also not responding along with a few others could they all be usb connection related problems? 

If the same is occurring in all places its either USB connections of a bad USB driver or chip on the motherboard. Sorry, but I'm no hardware expert, nor do I have enough information. Are you sure you don't need to install drivers for your devices? Have they ever worked? Did you make them yourself or buy them? There aren't many commercially available tiller implementations.

You aren't very forthcoming with information I'm afraid. I did ask questions in my last reply.

Pete