The simFlight Network Forums

Google Earth path can't be saved

Sueede

Hi.

This is my setup: Windows8 Pro 64 / FSX De Luxe SP2 / FSC9.3.HF_1 Build 04-August-2013 / FSCDBM 9.3 NET Build 26-June-2013.

I can't set the path for the Google Earth flightplan files: In the window "Save" there is a box to be ticked for "Google Earth". I have ticked it. In the window "Paths" there is no Google Earth in the Name column, and I can't save a path for Google Earth flightplans. (In the folder column these names are listed: FS Commander, Flight Simulator X, FSX Flight Plans, Squawk Box, IVAO Ivap v2, Radar Contact, FS Inn, Project Magenta, X-Plane and AS-Airbus X Ext, all with Folder paths.

I have been meticulous in checking that there really is a googlearth.exe file in the library chosen. The googleearth.exe file is installed in C:/Program (86)/Google/GoogleEarth/client.

Regards,

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

there is no possibility and the need to define a path for Google Earth.

The path is "hard coded" in the FlightSim Commander. ...FSC / Flight Plan / Google

Regards,

Volker

Hi.

Well, there is no save path for Google Earth and I get an error message every time I save a flight plan: "GoogleEarth.EXE in specified folder not found!" And there is no path specified in FSCommander Save screen, but there are paths for all other applications, as I mentioned earlier. And I can't save any Google flight plans.

All the best,

Tommy

Hi Volker.

I have installed as an administrator as well as start the program as one. Now I also have read the document you advise. I have not installed FSC on my second hard disk, but in c:/microsoft games/fsc9.

And it turns out that FSC saves the flightplan files in the flighplan folder c:/microsoft games/fsc9/flighplan/google. It seems that even though files are saved in the right place the folder path is not shown in the path window. And FSC does not find googlearth.exe in c:/program (86) where it is installed.

Tommy

Windows8 Pro 64 / FSX De Luxe SP2 / FSC9.3.HF_1 Build 04-August-2013 / FSCDBM 9.3 NET Build 26-June-2013