The simFlight Network Forums

Help! No traffic present!

djvectrex

Hi there,

I have just purchased a new computer and im back using FSX after a while and I have reinstalled My Traffic X 5.1a that I had in my downloads from when I originally purchased it! I installed that but I cant get any traffic to show or be present at all, just empty everywhere! I actually purchased My Traffic X 5c yesterday and reinstalled a couple of times but still no traffic! Either I did something in FSX that blocks the traffic or I'm missing an original file! I thought I read that all these incremental updates can be installed as stand alone products! Am I missing something? Thanks for any help!

If your installer is MTXV54c.exe, then it is a full product.

Please go through the check list you find under

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/52842-mytraffic-x-installation-not-working-checklist/

The main reasons are

a) Mytraffic\aircraft not added as simobject path

b) MyTraffic not added as scenery

c) blocking addons

or insuffient user rights under Windows 8 or 9 so that the necessary files cannot be created.

Thanks for the reply! I checked everything, Mytraffic is added to the cfg but when I try to add it to the scenery library it doesn't let me, normally I can just click once on the folder and then click add but in this case I click on it and when I try to add it, it just opens the Mytraffic folder! I checked to give full rights and it seems to install fine but for some reason it doesn't run in the simulator! Any idea as to what add on could cause it to not work, anything related to static aircraft in a scenery?

Hi djvectrex - you don't mention your OS but if you use Win7 it is "unusual" trying to add scenery library items.

Have a look at the following post form the FAQ section of the forum.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63171-adding-scenery-mytraffic-to-the-library-under-windows-7/

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks a lot, that did it!! I think that might be a very common problem and people don't realize it!