The simFlight Network Forums
iubrian

5.4c CTD problem - a solution?

Spent several days at Denver on different systems and never got any Crash, neither with nor without the patch, so this must be something else... Is on the watch list but as long as I cannot reproce the effect I cannot comment on it... 

Spent several days at Denver on different systems and never got any Crash, neither with nor without the patch, so this must be something else... Is on the watch list but as long as I cannot reproce the effect I cannot comment on it... 

Have you tried to reproduce the crash at Phoenix (KPHX)? that's where I encountered the problems, which by the way after moving back to the 2012 schedule, have gone away.

Agree, can't speak to other airports, but definitely had problems flying out of KPHX, and haven't since I rolled back to 2012 schedules. I know NOTHING of programming, but is it possibly related to Southwest Airlines, which has a lot of traffic in the southwest, including Denver, and for which KPHX is a major hub? It also flies 737's exclusively (by 737, I mean generically 737's).

I think I've found the culprit at least on my MyTraffic install. I get an ntdll error every time I try to load up KDEN at 8:08AM local time with the 2013 schedule and 50% airline density.

If I remove the 737 folders, then KDEN loads fine.

After looking through some of the B732MX folders, I found one folder (texture.My01) that appeared to look different than the other texture folders.

Here is what the folder looks like in B732MX. Note the size of the first file.

o7i.gif

Now here are the contents of the next texture folder in B732MX. From what I saw while looking through random 737 texture folders, they all look like below:

swn.gif

I removed the texture.My01 folder from the B732MX folder and KDEN loaded fine with the 2013 schedule.

When I put the folder back into B732MX, I got another ntdll crash at KDEN.

UPDATE!

I tried loading KPHX at 21:30 GMT with the 2013 schedule and 50% airliner density and got an ntdll error while loading.

I removed the texture.My01 folder from B732MX and KPHX loaded fine with the same time, schedule and density setting.

I loaded up KPHX and KDEN multiple times without that folder and everything worked.

Wow that file must be really corrupted than, thanks for finding it.

What I do not understand at all, that aircraft does not get called at all, Aero Continete is dead since Ages so should only be in old schedules, or???

Wally - when you crashed at klax were you using 2012 or 2013 schedules? I tested klax at 19:30 local time using 50% and 2012 and all is fine. I'm using Win7x64.

I created a new set of textures for MyTraffic\aircraft\B732MX\texture.01 and attach it here, please check if that helps.

I cannot imagine though this to have any impact since Aero Continente doesn't fly in 2013 - I'm really afraid there is something much worse going on like the maximal number of textures some graphic drivers can handle or similar exceeded...

texture.My01.zip

Burkhard, I had some ntdll errors out of FSDreamteams KDFW yesterday and the day before. I had a few hashstack errors as well. Twice, it froze the computer up. One with no errors. And the other was a hashstack. No errors occured on the ground at KDFW. It was a good 10 to 20 minutes out of KDFW heading to KDEN.

I downloaded the patches yesturday and flew Carenado's Baron B58 at Brian's KPHX at 30% for Airline traffic and 20% for GA for a lot of touch-n-gos. I then used a tubeliner the same way. I  also did some straight out flights for quite a distance and back. I then upped the slider to 40% and flew the same patterns at KPHX and KDFW. I haven't received any errors so far. I'll do some more testing this evening.

All of this occurred on a just purchased 5.4c, 2013 schedules and no upgrade was involved. I haven't added any aircraft. It's a default install.

Edit: I also flew from KILE to KHQZ in the Carnado Baron with no errors at 40%.

Here's my PC if you need it.

• Processor
    Intel I7 3770K Ivy
  • Processor Cores
  • Processor Speed
    3.9 GHz
  • RAM
    32 Gig
  • Video Board Manufacturer
    Asus
  • Video Board Model
    ASUS GTX670-DC2-4GD5
  • Video Memory
    4 GB GDDR5
  • Mother Board
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
  • Hard Drives
    1 T Western Digital Black
  • Monitor
    (2) 27" Asus VE276 1920x1080
  • Operating System
    Windows 7

Well, that was short lived.  :???:  Fresh boot on the dedicated pc this morning. Loaded a "saved" flight. Set up aircraft and requested a pushback. Got a ntdll error. I'll boot and just load FSX with the aircraft engines running and on the runway. Rebooted the PC and let FSX load the same aircraft running on the runway. Set up all necessary stuff for a flight and flew it for 20 minutes with no errors. Stopped the flight and loaded a different aircraft with a different saved cold and dark flight. About 20 minutes into the flight I got a ntdll error.

The flights I did at KPHX, KDFW, KILE and KHQZ were not saved flights. No errors on those. Maybe coincidence but I figured I better tell you about it.

Using the 2013 schedules I am seeing a file called fsx.cfg.txt being created each time FSX loads. The date and time corresponds to the fsx.cfg date and time. fsx.cfg has it's date and time changed as well.

I have since installed the 2012 schedules and I do not get any modification to my fsx.cfg. Are you perchance writing to fsx.cfg each time FSX starts other than adding mytraffic to it initially? I have searched through the included documents and do not see where it modifies the fsx.cfg each time FSX starts.

Same problem flying out of KLAX towards KDFW ab 10:15 local time, CTD after 20 minutes inflight.

Also: KDFW takeoff 19:00 or 11:00 local time, CTD over Little Rock 250 nM northeast.

Updated to 5.4c and onn 2013 schedule. All Appcrashes mit ntdll.dll or stackhash.

More flights in US buggy, also around KSFO once (dont reminder time), elsewhere everything ok.

I will try 2012 schedule now.

Have the same Problem. I usually flying aroung germany. Especially in Hamburg but also in Frankfurt i get the ctd's with the 5.4c Version. When i go back to the 2012 schedule, everthing is fine! I tried it a few times always with the same results. :(.

I hope you will find a solution, because i was really waiting for the 2013 schedule because of the flightplan changes between Lufthansa and Germanwings and the ne Germanwings livery!

This is only a guess on my part BUT I also get the CTD with the 2012 schedule, but it seems to be related to the slider setting. I ran at 30 with no problems, I bumped it up to 40 and had the problem. I am now trying a repeat flight at 35 to see if I can make it.

?????  :???:

EDIT: After reflying the same flight, time, AI at 35 the flight was completed OK. AFTER landing and parking at the gate, shutting down FSX, I got the CTD!!!

?????  :???:

Please follow the following procedure, if you didn't yet:

Please put the file Patches54c.exe in the attached archive into MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers.

Next please delete the Folders in MyTraffic\aircraft:

B732MX\texture.My213

B735\texture.My73

B737\texture.My85

B738\texture.My132 and 133

B788\texture.My07

and now run Patches54c.exe with a double click. Fingers crossed... 

Attached Files

Have the same Problem. I usually flying aroung germany. Especially in Hamburg but also in Frankfurt i get the ctd's with the 5.4c Version. When i go back to the 2012 schedule, everthing is fine! I tried it a few times always with the same results. :(.

I hope you will find a solution, because i was really waiting for the 2013 schedule because of the flightplan changes between Lufthansa and Germanwings and the ne Germanwings livery!

The change from Lufthansa to Germanwings just is happening now and is not yet in the 2013 schedules, but the next version.

Okay, but you changed the Germanwings liverys. This is the first step in 5.4c;).

I have tried the patches (the unoffical some weeks ago and the one which you have released last week). Still get the ctd's.

Fyi: I still flying with the 5.4c Version but with the 2012 schedule. That works for me.