The simFlight Network Forums
iubrian

5.4c CTD problem - a solution?

Hello Burkhard,

Been awhile. Although I have no imminent solution, perhaps what I have experienced may help.

Running 5.4b since it was released with no problems. Also, I never touch schedules or any other setting except traffic %.

So I get the  "c"patch  and install the patch b to c. First off I noticed black planes that never had before at my home KCOS.

I was not quick enough to get the type but smaller than the Bowings. Maybe a CRJ-200. Anyway I let the black planes have their space and flew for maybe a week all the while getting CTD's.

Random.  So I started looking around and what blew me away was the ton of black planes  I had at KTAL on a fall afternnon around 2 PM - a LOT. Again smaller planes and most parked at DAL gates with traffic at 30%.

Again no settings within MyTraffic were ever changed from default..

I removed MyTraffic completely and re installed 5.4b. No problems since.

My conclusion from this would point to a plane as the culprit.

That out of the way so far as I can help (or maybe not at all) I can tell you today that I have P3d V2 installed as of very early this morning and

with pointers back to the FSX install of MyTraffic it seems to run just fine although I have not examined the models closely. After 4 or 5 hours of

flying, no problems at all.

Hope this helps. 

Ralph Zimmerman

I am a new user and had many CTDs after installing Mytraffic Pro. Going therough these forums and installing the patches had no effect. I installed appcrashveiwer to see that the cause was the uiautomationcore.dll. I found a thread on AVSIM which reported placing the Vista version (version # 6.0.5840.16386) in the root FSX folder stopped the CTDs. I tried it and everything has been smooth so far. Thread is here:  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273341-heres-the-apparent-fix-to-fsx-crashing-win-7-x64/

I am a new user and had many CTDs after installing Mytraffic Pro. Going therough these forums and installing the patches had no effect. I installed appcrashveiwer to see that the cause was the uiautomationcore.dll. I found a thread on AVSIM which reported placing the Vista version (version # 6.0.5840.16386) in the root FSX folder stopped the CTDs. I tried it and everything has been smooth so far. Thread is here:  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273341-heres-the-apparent-fix-to-fsx-crashing-win-7-x64/

Thats not the core issue. I swapped that out 1½ years ago when I installed my OS.

Well, it did appear to be the 2013 MyTrafficmil.bgl causing the issues for me, but now it's working after I removed the file from the Scenery folder, started FSX, loaded KBHM at 23:45 and it loaded fine. Exited FSX, move the MyTrafficmil.bgl back into the Scenery folder and restarted FSX at KBHM at 23:45.

Now KBHM loads at 23:45 with the 2013 schedule with no crashes.

I can happily say that I'm running with the 2013 schedules with no crashes now. After removing the military file, starting FSX to let it rebuild the index files, then closing FSX, putting the military file back and restarting FSX, I haven't experienced a single ntdll.dll crash like I used to with just the 2013 schedule.

Really weird that what I did seems to have fixed my issue at least.

Exactly the same situation I am in, and that makes me believe it is not a problem related to MyTraffic, but something deep inside FSX that gets stressed under unknown circumstances and can be cured by miracle :(