The simFlight Network Forums
Russellmjohnston

MyTraffic 5.4c Ntdll.dll crash

I too had to go back to the 2012 schedule as the 2013 schedule gave me the same crashes. I really think it's the military traffic file for the 2013 schedule giving me the crashes because if I remove it from FSX, I get no crashes.

Hi Burkhard,

My story re: ntd.dll crashes ...

Was using MyTraffic on FSX latterly started to get ntddll crashes (was using 5.4c) which seemed to be helped by going back to DX9 with a new cfg file.  They started to happen again just as P3Dv2 was about to be released, so I decided to give up on FSX and start again with P3D.

After a while I came across your forum and decided to try and install 5.4c into P3Dv2.0 ... copied folder from FSX and made the required changes to files etc. ... worked OK with the default F22 but the moment I loaded a flight with the Carenado B200 ... ntd.dll crashes within seconds of the flight loading.  I undid the 5,4c installation and all wet back to normal.

Just now I spotted that some guys were saying that 5.4b worked OK and the problems started with 5.4c - this fits what I have seen (didn't attribute the crashes to 5.4c when they happened) and so far, having installed 5.4b into P3Dv2.1, all seems fine - plenty of traffic and using my Carenado B200 too.

Time may tell, but so far working.

Regards,

Paul.

Looking into it 1000 times, I saw something now. Please delete the folder mytraffic\aircraft\B763MX\texture.my11 and test again. You may see a black aircraft, but that should be no problem.

Or rename the three Nightmaps by replacing the small f by a capital F.

Background there must be some grafics layer since about a year( not in FSX, but all the way from Dircect X over Direct draw to grafics Driver) that is internally case sensitve, which means that when it expects a file B763F-l.dds and finds a file B763f-l.dds it neither treats it as not existent nor displays it but crashes.

If you Change from 2013 schedules to 2012 schedules you practically use Version 5.4b. If this does not help, I can look for it tomorrow.

Have you tried changing to the 2012 schedules as suggested in this thread?

To learn how to do it go to the start of this tread and then read all the posts, the information in how to change to 2012 is in this thread someplace.

So there is no other fix than changing to 2012 schedules??? We spent money on latest schedule and can't use tht?? That's a bit dissapointing...also to change the schedules I have to install SDK of fsx....

Does time acceleration causes ctd crash??

Unfortuntely the reason for the crashes some users experience could not be found. MyTraffic 5.4c, even without the patches installed, runs properly on most systems for most users. The patches have been reported to remove the crashes for many users, but each of these fixes does not change contents, but makes changes which indicate a bug in some versions of Direct X or drivers. 

By the way, 5.4c was a free additional out of the row update to 5.4b - the last update to MyTraffic that costed money was 5.4a released in April 2011...

so bukhard....does running the patch to 5.4C eliminated CTD crash? The most imp observation if i didnt observe crash anywhere else...but in LDZA-EHAM route at all conditions! very confusing...

Should i install the patch?? or does reverting to 5.4B completely eliminate the CTD 100%?? iin tht case i have to install SDK too!! which is another issue! :???: :evil:

I got continuous ntdll crashes!! So I removed aircrafts...using the my traffic GUI...thn I installed SDK...and copied traffic data base builder.exe...and thn rebuilt the traffic...now I will change the schedule to 2012....as 2012 is giving no ntdll.DLL crashes to others...!! 2013 schedule is the worst!!! I got continuous crashes and lastly my computer itself crashed!! All due to ntdll.DLL...thn after removing and checking...no crash!! So I was forced to install SDK yo change schedule...hope 2012 schedule works fine! Phew!!

What you see is what others have reported too - there must be a bug in some middle layer software versions that lead to crashes, which vanish by removing some files and creating them again, I assume the way some direct draw routines access files.  No idea why the 2012 schedules created so many less problems.

About the patches after 5.4c install, here are the instructions again from the 5.4c release main topic:

Please apply the patch as described here:

Please put the file Patches54c.exe in the attached archive into MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers.

Next please delete the Folders in MyTraffic\aircraft:

B732MX\texture.My213

B735\texture.My73

B737\texture.My85

B738\texture.My132 and 133

B788\texture.My07

and now run Patches54c.exe with a double click. Fingers crossed... 

Attached Files

What you see is what others have reported too - there must be a bug in some middle layer software versions that lead to crashes, which vanish by removing some files and creating them again, I assume the way some direct draw routines access files.  No idea why the 2012 schedules created so many less problems.

About the patches after 5.4c install, here are the instructions again from the 5.4c release main topic:

Please put the file Patches54c.exe in the attached archive into MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers.

B732MX\texture.My213

B735\texture.My73

B737\texture.My85

B788\texture.My07

Attached Files

thank you

i will see how i get on

B732MX\texture.My213

B735\texture.My73

B737\texture.My85

B788\texture.My07

Attached Files

I have also run into this problem. I deleted the files and ran the patch but still the sim crashes almost right away after loading a flight. Is the only way to fix this to use the 2012 schedule? I have thought about getting the my traffic live service but I am now concerned that getting that will cause the same type of crashes. 

I have had crash after crash with the 2013 schedules. I could not even load a flight anymore with 2013 schedules. I have not been able to use the 2013 since I bought it always had to use the 2012 to get it to work...yesterday...a breakthrough. I came across the thread here where it says to take out the military traffic bgl.. I did. Started FSX ..closed it and then put the military traffic bgl back... and since then I have flown KLAX to KORD.. KORD to LFPG.. no crashes.. so far so good.

All those who have crashes I strongly recommend to go back to the normal high resolution models, there have been problems reported with changing the model.

how do you do change to normal High resolution modesl.  Is that the simplified models under "manage aircraft configuration?  I too reverted back to 2012 schedule.

Thanks

Manage aircraft configuration has three options, Use the default settings it has when it starts and it should set to the normal models.

Anything new on this?  I just updated to C , did the patch etc and still am unable to complete a flight.  How do I go back to a previous schedule?

Steve G.