The simFlight Network Forums

Jetmax throttle in fsx using pmdg 737ngx

Hello

I'm new to this forum, and also new to using fsuipc. Purchased the jetmax throttle using the pmdg 737 NGX with MS FSX. I saw an earlier topic on this( Jetmax Throttle fsuipc programing

Started by RC35, Jun 16 2013 02:57 PM), and tried to follow, but I cannot get the start levers to

move to idle and cutoff. I got the other buttons and switches working except for the start levers and auto throttle disconnect. Saw the pmdg sdk h file and the #define EVT(as mention in an earlier topic) and I'm still confused on how to, where and what I'm suppose to do with the info give. How to set this up in fsuipc with the info given. Can someone help? Sorry guys I'm trying. Not an advanced user of FSUIPC.

Thanks

Tpdola2

I cannot get the start levers to move to idle and cutoff. I got the other buttons and switches working except for the start levers and auto throttle disconnect.

Start levers need to be programmed for Mitxture Lean 9cut) and Mixture Rich (idle). There's no A/T disconnect as such in FS, it's just the AT off.

Saw the pmdg sdk h file and the #define EVT(as mention in an earlier topic) and I'm still confused on how to, where and what I'm suppose to do with the info give. How to set this up in fsuipc with the info given. Can someone help? Sorry guys I'm trying. Not an advanced user of FSUIPC.

Ah, PMDG. That's not like other aircraft for FS.

You don't need to be advanced. It isn't really FSUIPC you need to understand but the PMDG SDK. In FSUIPC all you need to do is assign to the "custom control" entry and provide the control number. But you have to work that out from the PMDG data you have to hand.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I'm new to this forum, and also new to using fsuipc. Purchased the jetmax throttle using the pmdg 737 NGX with MS FSX. I saw an earlier topic on this( Jetmax Throttle fsuipc programing

Started by RC35, Jun 16 2013 02:57 PM), and tried to follow, but I cannot get the start levers to

move to idle and cutoff. I got the other buttons and switches working except for the start levers and auto throttle disconnect. Saw the pmdg sdk h file and the #define EVT(as mention in an earlier topic) and I'm still confused on how to, where and what I'm suppose to do with the info give. How to set this up in fsuipc with the info given. Can someone help? Sorry guys I'm trying. Not an advanced user of FSUIPC.

Thanks

Tpdola2

Hello, I also have the jetmax throttle. There are offsets to move the fuel levels from cuttoff to idle -- I don't remember them right now, but google is your friend.

All the other buttons I have setup using "send direct to FSUIPC". 

The only thing that is annoying (and I use to have a fix but don't remember how I did it) is the engine power changes with the A/T engaged with the slightest movement of the throttle and then tries to snap back to the set A/T level.

I have set the A/T mode to 'ignore' the joystick input when the A/T is engaged (within the PMDG NGX settings) but that doesn't seem to work. Perhaps the engine throttles shouldn't be "send direct to FSUIPC" but instead interfaced with FSX? 

Don't send direct to FSUIPC nor can you calibrate the throttle axis, otherwise you will get that snapping problem and the override AT option set to NEVER won't work either. You must also make sure that you are not using any custom slopes for the throttles. Finally if you are using the script from the user contributions section of this forum that allows you to use the throttle levers as reverser's (after pressing a button) you must remove that too as that will also stop the throttles working correctly in the NGX. All the above is also true with the new 777 from PMDG.

I do not have a set of these Jetmax quads, but the same is true for any throttle and the 777 or NGX.

Don't send direct to FSUIPC nor can you calibrate the throttle axis, otherwise you will get that snapping problem and the override AT option set to NEVER won't work either. You must also make sure that you are not using any custom slopes for the throttles. Finally if you are using the script from the user contributions section of this forum that allows you to use the throttle levers as reverser's (after pressing a button) you must remove that too as that will also stop the throttles working correctly in the NGX. All the above is also true with the new 777 from PMDG.

I do not have a set of these Jetmax quads, but the same is true for any throttle and the 777 or NGX.

Hey Andy, I'm having the A/T problem -- the throttles just snap as you have said even with the NEVER option set (this is with sending direct to FSUIPC).

Now I have it instead set it to throttle 1 set and throttle 2 set (MS FSX commands), but now the throttle is not in range and the reversers turn on when I am in the first 25% of the throttle lever. 

What would you suggest I do? Thanks.