The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.ini does not recognize soundcard

Mr.V

The Lua plug-in and the security problem came with/in FSUIPC (for me) at the same time (November). 

What Lua plug-in? You mentioned one before. What plug-in are you using?

And what security problem?

This exchange seems to be taking a weird turn. I don't know where you are going with these extra mentions of other things.

A way to unclutter the Desktop. It has always worked up until now with this FSRAAS.

But the normal way to unclutter the desktop is to group SHORTCUTS into folders on the desktop, not complete sets of program files! I've never seen that done before, and I honestly think it is a bad idea. And it obviously is a bad idea for FSRAAS as it can't find the files it wants and points to WAV files which evidently aren't there either.

Are you REALLY sure you didn't mean to use a shortcut in the PC-Seldon folder on the desktop, but instead incorrectly have the actual EXE there instead? It would explain why the sounds aren't found and why r4.csv isn't found.

It can be that simple after all is a C++ program.

What's that part about? I don't understand your context. Why is C++ simple, if that's what you mean?

Pete

What Lua plug-in? You mentioned one before. What plug-in are you using?

And what security problem?

My mistake. There is only a reference about Lua Plug-in in the FSUIPC Documents folder.

This exchange seems to be taking a weird turn. I don't know where you are going with these extra mentions of other things.

No, it is not. The Lua plug-in is out of topic cause it doesn't have to do with anything of this problem with FSRAAS.

But the normal way to unclutter the desktop is to group SHORTCUTS into folders on the desktop, not complete sets of program files! I've never seen that done before, and I honestly think it is a bad idea. And it obviously is a bad idea for FSRAAS as it can't find the files it wants and points to WAV files which evidently aren't there either.

There are no programs in the Win 7 Desktop. Just a folder PC-Seldon full of shortcuts in it. There no *.exe programs in the Win Desktop nor in PC-Seldon. None. No mistakes.

Are you REALLY sure you didn't mean to use a shortcut in the PC-Seldon folder on the desktop, but instead incorrectly have the actual EXE there instead? It would explain why the sounds aren't found and why r4.csv isn't found.

No. No *.exe files in Win Desktop nor in PC-Seldon. All shortcuts are in PC-Seldon, just shortcuts.

What's that part about? I don't understand your context. Why is C++ simple, if that's what you mean?

I just copied FSRAAS directly into C:\ by itself. No difference.

I am looking for something wrong in the Sound drivers and Windows to make sure.

Cheers,

There are no programs in the Win 7 Desktop. Just a folder PC-Seldon full of shortcuts in it. There no *.exe programs in the Win Desktop nor in PC-Seldon. None. No mistakes.

So please explain to me, then, why it is referring to WAV files in PC-Seldon. If it is only a shortcut to a "proper" folder elsewhere, the shortcut should include that folder as the place to get its files from. That's the way a normal shortcut works. I think you need to check the shortcut properties because you most certainly have it wrong..

I just copied FSRAAS directly into C:\ by itself. No difference.

By itself is no good. It needs all the WAV files and the R4.CSV file, probably others. Why don't you just do the simple thing I suggested, delete it all and start again with a clean install from a download, as I just did?

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Peter,

It is me again. Windows 7 stopped functioning due to some driver failure (couldn't find which, Winny wouldn't say and I didn't care) so I had to fixed that and of course rebuilt the whole system. You probably thought I had been rude by not replying to you but I was out of commission rebuilding from the ground up. So, I am sorry about that. 

Any way, after reinstalling FSX in a fresh Win 7 x64, FSRAAS v2.0 has been working like it is supposed to. So on my end, this case is closed thank God.

Thank you for your time, patience and helpfull guidance.

PS: MABE54 = MABE5454, by coincidence I changed server provider around the same time so I couldn't retrieve the pwd.

Cheers,