The simFlight Network Forums

questions & annoyances

mynetdude

I have more questions than gripes because I believe that the questions I have will answer for them hopefully.

I installed MTX long after I had FSDT ORD, LAS, SFO and I need to remove the MTX default AFCAD for these, how do I? 

why are strobe lights shown incorrectly on planes; they are shown either at the middle of the body or at the nose but not on the wings??? what the heck is up with this?

why do contrails depict incorrectly for 4 engined AI aircraft? hell even for some 2 engined aircraft show 4 contrails when there should be 2; the 4 engined ones are not aligned correctly

I'm not looking for pretty models, if I were then this is the wrong place to be for them; but some models are just downright dumb  why do some air force planes have their horizontal stabilizer looking like its on a piece of plank mounted to the tail while civilian airliners of the same type do not?

I have the 2013 spring schedule (or so I thought???)

Why do I see incorrect airlines for airports I know airlines aren't supposed to be or have never been there such as American Airlines at KMFR... that's a pipe dream for many IRL but it ain't going to happen.

Why do I see a FedEx A310 at KMFR? Yes Medford is actually capable of receiving a 747 IRL but unless there is a special circumstance you'll never see a 747 there, I don't know if this is actually incorrect or not and I don't know how to verify this except to check flightaware; there are no FDX flights scheduled at KMFR at all; the only cargo planes I've ever seen are Empire and AmeriFlight; and checking with flightaware Empire is the one running around with the C208s painted with the FedEx livery. AmeriFlight has its own livery; and these are also at KMFR

How do I FIX ALL of this? Because I know for sure, DHL, FDX and AAL do not belong there; but it would be awesome to see the 208s where they belong.

why do military and almost all AI planes "glow" in the dark? Is this a paint limitation because of low polygons?

Ok I think I've asked enough :)

RE incorrect airlines at airports, turn your traffic slider down below 50%, once you get above this level MTX injects fictional flights as its the only way to fill some airports up i.e. real life traffic levels rarely fill an airport to capacity.  The random flights were added at the behest of customers who complained that their airports were not full even at 100% slider settings.

How to remove duplicate AFCAD's, have you tried searching the forum? Simply remove or rename the extension of the AFCAD in question, they are located in the MyTraffic\Scenery folder and named BR2_ICAO.bgl where ICAO is the code of the airport.

There are two sets of strobes on some aircraft and I think it depends on a couple of other factors how soon you see each type, i.e. high or low detail models selected in the MyTraffic communicator and whether you have the option for Widescreen monitor models selected. Basically the wing tip strobes are baked into the model and are only visible in close proximity to the user, the other standard FS strobe light is hidden inside the model so should not be visible when the aircraft model is actually visible. As the aircraft moves to a distance where the model is no longer visible, the internal strobe light can now be seen in the distance. Without this tweak the skies looked empty at night in FS because the baked in model strobes would obviously disappear with the model at distance, when in fact in real life you can see strobes many 10's if not hundreds of miles away, depending on conditions. If you dont like this effect you can turn it off with the aircraft config editor.

I'll leave the other questions to Burkhard as I have not noticed them or do not understand what you refer to.

1. my sliders aren't at 100% anymore and are now at 30% I think I still saw them even at 50% but I'll have to double check

2. Searching? Probably would've found my answer, so I'll search I usually do but figured I'd ask anyway for a quick/fast answer.

3. Strobes: I think I understand what you're saying I do have a widescreen monitor but I'm not sure if I'm using widescreen configs; I don't see any unusual differences that I shouldn't see other than the strobes being either in the model or in front of it on the nose or midair in front of the nose

RE incorrect airlines at airports, turn your traffic slider down below 50%, once you get above this level MTX injects fictional flights as its the only way to fill some airports up i.e. real life traffic levels rarely fill an airport to capacity.  The random flights were added at the behest of customers who complained that their airports were not full even at 100% slider settings.

How to remove duplicate AFCAD's, have you tried searching the forum? Simply remove or rename the extension of the AFCAD in question, they are located in the MyTraffic\Scenery folder and named BR2_ICAO.bgl where ICAO is the code of the airport.

There are two sets of strobes on some aircraft and I think it depends on a couple of other factors how soon you see each type, i.e. high or low detail models selected in the MyTraffic communicator and whether you have the option for Widescreen monitor models selected. Basically the wing tip strobes are baked into the model and are only visible in close proximity to the user, the other standard FS strobe light is hidden inside the model so should not be visible when the aircraft model is actually visible. As the aircraft moves to a distance where the model is no longer visible, the internal strobe light can now be seen in the distance. Without this tweak the skies looked empty at night in FS because the baked in model strobes would obviously disappear with the model at distance, when in fact in real life you can see strobes many 10's if not hundreds of miles away, depending on conditions. If you dont like this effect you can turn it off with the aircraft config editor.

I'll leave the other questions to Burkhard as I have not noticed them or do not understand what you refer to.

1. my sliders aren't at 100% anymore and are now at 30% I think I still saw them even at 50% but I'll have to double check

2. Searching? Probably would've found my answer, so I'll search I usually do but figured I'd ask anyway for a quick/fast answer. (I see you answered, and thanks :)).

3. Strobes: I think I understand what you're saying I do have a widescreen monitor but I'm not sure if I'm using widescreen configs; I don't see any unusual differences that I shouldn't see other than the strobes being either in the model or in front of it on the nose or midair in front of the nose

so what's the difference between AF2 and BR2 as far as AFCADs go?

Also; I forgot to ask since I have ORBX region scenery which contains hundreds of airports; what about managing AFCAD for these? I'm going to assume most will be ok but some of the airports are pretty detailed so would probably need to disable each AFCAD one at a time.

Ok now that I managed to remove some of the BGLs; I noticed that the AI won't park all the way in/up to the stop line since the jetways can't reach them :P this is not a fault of MTX but merely the AFCAD for that scenery; I'm assuming this requires editing the AFCAD? I used to have an AFCAD editor that would let me visually see the AFCADs but there's all kinds of technical matters involved when editing AFCADs AFAIK.

AFCAD is a program for FS9, creating airports for FS9. The FSX format is different, so while you can use AFCADS in FSX, you should not do so, and use other Tools for FSX, ADE the most widely used one to my understanding.

In addition, please take care of the priority of your scenery library, MyTraffic should be below any addon airport.   

AFCAD is a program for FS9, creating airports for FS9. The FSX format is different, so while you can use AFCADS in FSX, you should not do so, and use other Tools for FSX, ADE the most widely used one to my understanding.

In addition, please take care of the priority of your scenery library, MyTraffic should be below any addon airport.   

so making MTX the lowest priority, will this make planes come closer to the gates then?

Yeah I'm not a scenery designer I meant ADE but its been awhile so hehe; indeed I want to use FSX ADEs rather than AFCADs of course.

so making MTX the lowest priority, will this make planes come closer to the gates then?

Yeah I'm not a scenery designer I meant ADE but its been awhile so hehe; indeed I want to use FSX ADEs rather than AFCADs of course.

No, moving MTX the correct priority in the scenery library will allow any more detailed add-on airport files to override the MTX airport files (assuming they are placed more toward the top of the list).  If these add-on files have errors, MTX cannot correct them.

ADE is an excellent freeware tool for modifying airports in either FS9 or FSX.