The simFlight Network Forums

2 Comm modules + RC4.3

Hi Pete,

as I couldn't find an answer on the radar contact forum, I put my hope on you.

my (not so big) problem : I have 2 cpflight comm modules and would like to use and switch both with RC.The problem is that RadarContact only uses COM 1 .

So in order to use COM2 , the program has to be "fooled" in thinking that COM 2 is COM 1 , when switched.

Do you think this is possible ?

Thanks, greetings,

Pat

my config : FSUIPC reg, WIN7-64, FS9.1 and IFLY738.

So in order to use COM2 , the program has to be "fooled" in thinking that COM 2 is COM 1 , when switched.

Do you think this is possible ?

You could write a Lua plug-in which reads both COM1 and COM2 values and swaps them over. You'd then assign this to a button or keypress.

Are you wanting 4 frequencies all preset -- COM1 use and standby, and COM2 use and standby? If so you'd need to swap both frequencies each time.

Pete

Thank you Pete for your fast reply.

What I want is 1 module at the time made active:= 1 freq in use and 1 in standby for the active module and the other module set in non-active at the same time (= 1 freq to become in use, when that module becomes active + 1 freq standby).

The purpose is for ex.: presetting ATIS + Delivery in COM1 and Ground + TWR in COM2 ; would be handy with ATC ; but as said RadarContact does only use COM1, so having 2 Comm's is useless in that case.

If you say that this can be achieved with LUA, then I'll have to plunge into the manual, because I never had to use it before.(the configs via your FSUIPC have been very usefull indeed for all I needed )

thanks again.

What I want is 1 module at the time made active:= 1 freq in use and 1 in standby for the active module and the other module set in non-active at the same time (= 1 freq to become in use, when that module becomes active + 1 freq standby).

The purpose is for ex.: presetting ATIS + Delivery in COM1 and Ground + TWR in COM2 ; would be handy with ATC ; but as said RadarContact does only use COM1, so having 2 Comm's is useless in that case.

If you say that this can be achieved with LUA, then I'll have to plunge into the manual, because I never had to use it before.(the configs via your FSUIPC have been very usefull indeed for all I needed )

Yes, it would be easy in Lua. You'll need to look up the location of the 4 COM frequesncies in the Offsets document. They are all 16-bit words, so you read and write them using these Lua functions (UW = Unsigned Word)

ipc.readUW

ipc.writeUW

So, to swap the frequencies just read all 4 into variables (using obvips but short names like com1u, com1s, com2u and com2s should be clear enough for those), then write them back the other way.

There are exmples of Lua plug-ins in the files provided, but most are more complex than this, so don't be intimidated. Yours with be a straightforward set of 4 reads then 4 writes. If you do get stuck, ask questions.

Regards

Pete