The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek USB throttle quadrant

I am experiencing a slightly strange situation and I'm not sure what has caused it.  I have a simple cockpit setup including a yoke, pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, switch panel and an additional USB throttle quadrant (All of the Saitek Pro-Flight variety).  I am also running FS9 with the latest compatible version of FSUIPC (registered) on a Win-7 64-bit machine.  I have had to disconnect my USB throttle quadrant because it somehow triggers the "Pan view up" control continuously.  I have run the calibration on all the peripherals and all axes/buttons seem to be responding properly (albeit with some spikes) but none of them are "stuck".  I have also cleared all the button and axis assignments in both FSUIPC and FS9 and reassigned them.  The only thing I have been able to narrow down is that the problem only occurs if the throttle quadrant is plugged in, regardless of where it is plugged in (USB hub, directly to the PC or to the USB plugs on the yoke).  Could you give me some troubleshooting ideas to narrow down what is triggering the control input or another way to address it?  I am completely at a loss here.  I wish I had another throttle quadrant to plug in so I can rule out bad hardware, but unfortunately I don't.  Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

I am experiencing a slightly strange situation and I'm not sure what has caused it.  I have a simple cockpit setup including a yoke, pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, switch panel and an additional USB throttle quadrant (All of the Saitek Pro-Flight variety).  I am also running FS9 with the latest compatible version of FSUIPC (registered) on a Win-7 64-bit machine.  I have had to disconnect my USB throttle quadrant because it somehow triggers the "Pan view up" control continuously.  I have run the calibration on all the peripherals and all axes/buttons seem to be responding properly (albeit with some spikes) but none of them are "stuck".  I have also cleared all the button and axis assignments in both FSUIPC and FS9 and reassigned them.  The only thing I have been able to narrow down is that the problem only occurs if the throttle quadrant is plugged in, regardless of where it is plugged in (USB hub, directly to the PC or to the USB plugs on the yoke).  Could you give me some troubleshooting ideas to narrow down what is triggering the control input or another way to address it?  I am completely at a loss here.  I wish I had another throttle quadrant to plug in so I can rule out bad hardware, but unfortunately I don't.  Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Sounds like at least one of the buttons on that quadrant is both assigned to "pan up" and stuck on or repeating. Use the FSUIPC logging to see what is going on -- check the button and event logging options. The data goes into the FSUIPC Log file, in the FS Modules folder.

Note that Saitek uses FSUIPC without permission and without license on FS9, as they refused to pay an agreed fee for this years ago, so I'm afraid I am not disposed to support their devices. So if you want more assistance I must suggest you use their support forum. Sorry.

Regards

Pete