The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 5.4c new patch, please read

Dear friends,

a new patch that tries to address the CTD Problems some users experience has been uploaded to

http://www.fsrail.com/Patches54c.zip

It contains two file, Patches54c.exe and Patches54c.bat. Please put both files into the Folder MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers, than double click onto Patches54c.bat.

This file deletes some old texture files, than the installer is called and puts them back, afterwards a new set of schedules, based on october 2013 data, is installed. I tested these with long flight to never produce any crash, so I hope that it fixes the problems some of you encounter too.

Burkhard

Applied this update and found my airports very much depleted of wide bodies, freighters etc. Thought I might have messed up so i uninstalled and reinstalled 54c, keeping original schedules and same thing very much depleted Traffic, At Panc for example not one heavy. settings at 46%. What could have gone wrong, scheduled flights seem to be the same in total in flight installer config etc.

Regards

Mike

No idea what that could be, will check if I see Heavies at PANC. More important for the Moment is to look if FSX runs stable...

Hi Burkhard

I have now got my original 54c back to standard operation and at 12 localtime at PANC I am getting 15 wide bodies (at 47%) and the general lack of variety and numbers of widebodies which was noticeable after the update has returned to its former state at all airports and therefore I will continue with the non updated version which so far has not given me many crashes. Fingers crossed and thanks for your help.

and observations.

Mike

Hi,

I installed these two files and now find myself also with almost no traffic at CYYZ and elsewhere, my slider is set to 20% and I always

has plenty of traffic at that setting.

How to I remove these two files and revert  back to 54C or prior installing those two files?

Thanks,

Helmut

Good evening Burkhard,

I would like some help please.  Unable to install patch.  I have put the patches into the aircraft installers folder.  When I double click on the batch file it doesn't fully install.  I get the error message "Cannot write to C:\program files (x86) Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\My Traffic\TDBX.exe". 

What do I need to do to fix this?

Regards.

James

UAC = user account control - in other words user security.

James, try running it as an administrator. Right click on the patch file and select "Run as Administrator" and see if that does the trick.

Hello again folks,

So frustrating after installing all the patches.  I now find that the liveries for the airlines CSA and Air Malta have reverted to the old liveries.

I wonder how this might be fixed?

Regards.

James

Good evening Burkhard,

I have only installed the patches you have provided and I have not modified anything, I wouldn't know how to.  So, it is a puzzlement.

Regards.

James

So please tell me what you have installed in which order. If you now see old liveries again, this means you are using an old version of Myaircraft.dat in your compilation.

Good evening Burkhard,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. 30/8/13 - TDX.zip you gave me in a personal message.

2. Patches 5.4c.zip  under 5.4c CTD problem - a solution.

3. 11/11/13 - 5.4c new patch.

That's all I have done.

I do wonder if I need to install 5.4c from the beginning as I have had so many problems?

Regards.

James

Good evening Burkhard.

When I read some of the problems in the forum about the 2013 schedules, I did revert back to the 2012 schedules, but I put the 2013 schedules back.  I have made sure that I am using the 2013 schedules and I observe that:

1. Air Malta - Airbus aircraft is in the new livery while Boeing aircraft is in the old livery.

2.  CSA - All seem to be Boeing aircraft and are in the old livery.

I don't know if this helps?

Regards.

James

I deleted my 5.4b and was hoping to get a full version of 5.4b.

Is there a version of 5.4c that has been fully patched? I had problems with 5.4c with CTDs and hope that this has been fully fixed.

Can I have a link for 5.4b? Thanks.

Jose

Hello Burkhard,

i have also installed this patch, and now i have dramatical lower traffic on my airports.

bevore my setting was 16 percent and the aprons was near full. now my setting is 51percent and in shiphol only 13 airplanes

also with dramatic loss of frames. is for this an solution?

thank you, Thomas

After release there are no changes to the program, so you have to apply the patches in every case.

About the CTDs I'm sorry they disappeared for most users but no reason has ever been found that has to do with MyTraffic.

After upgrading to 5.4c earlier this year I immediately started seeing a huge drop in traffic and ntdll.dll crashes.

Reverting the schedule to 2012 fixed both issues.

Just today I installed the patch in this thread and again I have ntdll.dll crashes and almost no airliner traffic at major airports. Just a few GA and military aircraft. Reverting to 2012 again fixed the issue.

Are there any other patches?

No, this is the result of very hard work over almost a year now :(.

The traffic should be the same at all airports, just you can increase the density slider, no longer all trafic is concentrated at low values, so you can use the full range, so maybe you should go from 20% to 40% to see similar behaviour.

Concerning the instabilities, please Report where and when exactly with what Settings you see them so that others can verify them, since many months we are searching for anything that could be reproduced but they always slip through.