The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 5.4c new patch, please read

How do you check current version? I applied the patch listed, but a windows flashed insanely quick...couldn't make out what it was. So not sure if the patch is applied.

By fortune I found a bad texture file in the 5.4c Distribution, it is file aircraft\B763MX\texture.my126\B763-t_3.dds Atlas Air 767-300, new in 5.4c and such a bad texture could produce absolutely unreproducable crashes.

Fingers crossed this helps.

If you experience crashes, please delete this file and try again, and tell me the result.

I recently purchased 5.4c and installed the patch....started getting stackhash and ntdll.dll crashes. Just uninstalled it today and flew a couple times, same routing, no crashes. Will test a few more days without 5.4c....disappointing since I paid for it. Will try out the file deletion suggested two posts above after a few more flights with no crashes.

I have tried a lot during the last weeks and never got any crash - but will continue this fight...

Mine was pretty random, flying CYYZ to CYUL and EGKK to EHAM. Seems to be fine now, completed a few more flights after my post above. So I am thinking to keep this software uninstalled for now.

DId this work for you?

Only one flight so far. Been using the 2012 schedule to do my VA flights so I don't have a crash doing a flight and lose that time.

I will do some testing today.

Bob G.

Dear friends,

a new patch that tries to address the CTD Problems some users experience has been uploaded to

http://www.fsrail.com/Patches54c.zip

It contains two file, Patches54c.exe and Patches54c.bat. Please put both files into the Folder MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers, than double click onto Patches54c.bat.

This file deletes some old texture files, than the installer is called and puts them back, afterwards a new set of schedules, based on october 2013 data, is installed. I tested these with long flight to never produce any crash, so I hope that it fixes the problems some of you encounter too.

thanks for a great product. i'm about to update the patch and will report back to say how it went. one question i did/do have is about installing new schedules. i see the update installs oct 13. i looked for updates via the my traffic communicator but the 'please wait whilst reading from the server' in the pop up box never finds anything. so my question is what is the correct way to install the latest schedules? do i need to wait for patches as above or is there another route i should take?

ok so the patch install went without any issues. great. not so great was that after the patch was applied, all my traffic seemed to disappear. sliders set at 25% at at schiphol mid afternoon this screengrab

http://sdrv.ms/M58vYo

shows the lack of ai problem. i tried 'removing scenery aircraft schedules in mytraffic folder' etc via the communicator and then rebuilding but the problem did not get resolved. frustrated i uninstalled mytraffic 5.4c and did a clean install and fingers crossed it is working correctly with the right amount of traffic as it was pre-patch 

Edited by alphabetagaga

Every Version of MyTraffic comes with a set of schedules, and a new set of schedules always is a new version, because new schedules mean new airlines new liveries and often changes to the airports. I heared about low traffic volumes at low density settings with the flight plans from the patch, but a simple increase of traffic density should fix that, at 100% they should be very similar.

I purchased MyTrafficX 5.4a a while back and updated to 5.4b and most recently to 5.4c.  Since the update to 5.4c, I have had many CTDs on NTDLL where I never had any since using FSX going back to 2006. 

I'm unclear what I need to do.  Since running the patch from 5.4b to 5.4c, I have not run any other patches or modifications.   Is this patch verified to solve the CTDs?  Is it the only necessary patch on top of 5.4c?  

If no clear answers for 5.4c, is the best course of action to uninstall and reinstall 5.4a and the patch to 5.4b and stay at 5.4b?  I never had any CTDs with 5.4b.

i was on 5.4c then applied the patch as above and lost my traffic so uninstalled mytraffic completely and then just reinstalled 5.4c (no patch) from scratch.

i also started getting quite a few NTDLL crashes. at first i thought rex was causing problems but the crashes happened with or without rex running. the only thing i could pin down that i had done differently was i had started flying within the usa. previously i had only really explored the uk. google seaches threw up other users who also experienced the NTDLL crashes and that the problem may* lie when using 2013 schedules within mytraffic. so i went to using the 2012 schedules and touch wood, so far flights within the usa have all been fine. i'm keeping a record since using 2012 to see how things pan out.

Where did you get the 5.4c installer?  My download from Simmarket is 5.4a.  

Where did you get the "2012 schedules" and again...is it just easier to uninstall and reinstall 5.4a and then the 5.4b patch?  

For the Moment I recommend that if you have 5.4a installed you update to 5.4b as instructed and apply the 5.4b patches, since there are still reports on ununderstood difficulties with 5.4c.