The simFlight Network Forums

P3D Version 2

Greetings

I will be moving over to P3D version 2. I currently use MTX 5.4b (for some reason it works better than 5.4c in Windows 8.1) and MTX Live (am very impressed with real world schedules).

I have not problem with the 10 euro migration fee, but I want to be sure that MTX is compatible with P3D v2. I am assuming there is no issue with Live, given it appears to be a download service for real world schedules. If I am wrong, my apologies.

Can you help me out?

Thanks for reading this. Thanks for your help.

Graham

Thanks hi1pie

I am also curious about the upgrade from FSX to P3D. Now when I purchase that from Simmarket, Do I have to install the FSX version of Mytraffic X into P3D and then the P3D upgrade? Also, what version of FSX Mytraffic X do I have to install into P3D so that the upgrade will take? I guess I'm getting old and stupid. Any help is appreciated.

Release of a product takes a little bit of time. and as Long as I cannot tell if changes have to be made, and then, how much work this will be, I cannot comment. So yes, wait at least a weak I would recommend, any other answer would be marketing bubble...

Thanks for being upfront. In my opening post I commented on Traffic Live. I would like to thank you again for making this available. Since it injects schedules into MyTraffic, is there any reason to think it won't work with P3D version 2.

Thanks

Graham

Very first impresssion:

Some minor changes are needed for the installers and the tools at least. The Versions which install into 2.0 will not install into 1.4 and vice versa, without manual intervention.

I have seen MyTraffic aircraft moving in 2.0 on the good side.

Performance of 2.0 is disappointing, even with very moderate settings it is no fun. Moving AI planes still is consuming much CPU time on the primary CPU. Haven't seen much Advantage over 1.4 yet...