The simFlight Network Forums

P3D2 and FSUIPC

• 9 months later...

Hello sirs;

Not sure if I should have started a new topic, but this thread here is the closest so far to what I'm trying to find answers for.

I hope I can explain this well, but I also hope the screenshot will provide better clues to my dilemma. I cannot upload anything of decent size, so I hope you can make sense of it. :

I am having install problems with FSUIPC 4936 into P3D V2, I ran it straight from my 'Downloads' folder on my first attempt.

My P3D V2 is NOT in my C drive. I wanted to give it it's own dedicated drive, for which I purposely installed it and the P3D SDK from day one on my other internal hard drive, H. 

I have FSX and FS9 installed on the C drive. Both have FSUIPC in them, with the FSX version a purchased-and-paid-for version.

I have tried running as administrator (highlighted in blue in the screenshot), and also double-clicking. The same error message keeps coming up (see screenshot).

I never get any options of where to install FSUIPC, it goes right into install mode, tells me it found FSX and installed there, and what you see in the screenshot is what I see. I tried to type in a file path manually, but I cannot edit anything in the gray box pictured here.

So I put the folder containing the installer directly into LM/P3D V2. It says it still can't find P3D, although it does show it in the list, somewhat (circled in red in the screenshot).

Now I understand installing straight into my H drive might have caused some problems, being many folders for P3D are still on the C drive, although I never pointed any install of P3D to the C drive. 

I have migrated many FSX payware addons into P3D WITHOUT the migration tool everyone talks about, and everything I migrated by hand works fine, except this now.

I have been pouring through many forums tonight, and the thing that keeps coming up is two-fold: a 'Modules' folder in my P3D location -of which such 

a folder DOES NOT EXIST, and a dll.xml file, which should (by all the forum posts read so far) should be located here: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder, but there's no dll.xml file there.

Also, I do not see any 'Addons' in my menu choices in P3D itself.

After doing all these install attempts, it's safe to say my FSX FSUIPC is truly up to date now. I cannot get it installed into P3D.

I don't think I want to uninstall FSUIPC from my pc to get it to recognize my P3D location, nor do I really want to jeopardize my current FSUIPC in FSX or FS9.

I am really lost now. Any help will truly be appreciated. Thank you.

post-88661-0-73299700-1410831191.jpg

I am now adding more information, as in hopefully it can shed more light on my FSUIPC install problem. I certainly hope this can get anyone to take a look. I'm 8 hours into trying to install fsuipc into P3D V2, and I am still having no success.

I would post this over at the Lockheed-Martin forum, but they would most likely refer me to this forum anyways, so...

...here is everything that shows up (in the gray box pictured above in my previous post) once I right-click and 'run as administrator':

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.936

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D v2!  <<< ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Checking version of the FSX EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.936 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path: 

... found as "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

(for FSUIPC4, without Loader)

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX and P3D controls.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v2:

SetupPath="H:\"

Checking version of the Prepar3D v2 EXE:

And that is it. As I've said earlier, I have tried to edit the correct filepath right after the following three lines where it says:

it will not let me edit anything.

At the end of all of this, Microsoft asks me with a pop-up box asking if the program installed correctly or not, and asks me if I 'want to reinstall using the recommended settings' or 'no, this program installed fine'. I've tried both options, and still come up with nothing.

I even tried to let it check my current FSUIPC registrations. I click 'Go Ahead' and nothing happens there either. That is strange, considering I have both for FSX and FS9 already installed, as I stated above in my previous post, the FSX version is the payware version, of which I bought at SimMarket.

Even MORE confusing is this section found in the first paragraph of the above text, the last four lines:

Parameter"SetupPath"

But the installer is not finding it, as the screenshot shows.

I also see something in the text above about no Microsoft ESP in the registry. Do I need to install ESP? If so, how do I install ESP into P3D? I thought installing the SDK into P3D would take care of this, but I see no ESP in my P3D V2 folder.

Edited by seneca

You are lucky I saw this. Adding to page 2 of a year-old thread is simply not a good way to attract attention and get a reply. Please, with new queries start your own thread with an appropriate title.

The installer log shows that the Registry entry for the P3Dv2 install path is just H:\:

Evidently it doesn't find Prepar3D.EXE there. It would have then prompted you to find the EXE, using a normal directory dialogue. When you find it yourself that way, the installer will even try to fix the Registry entry for you. Judging by the message you then posted you aborted that instead of doing what it asked. Also, the Log file is unfinished, meaning you even aborted the Installer itslef. There is never a need to do that!

You said

And that is it. As I've said earlier, I have tried to edit the correct filepath right after the following three lines where it says:

it will not let me edit anything.

Of course you can't edit the log of what it is doing! The information you need to edit is in the Registry, not in the Installer!

You go on to say:

Even MORE confusing is this section found in the first paragraph of the above text, the last four lines:

Parameter"SetupPath"

But the installer is not finding it, as the screenshot shows.

As it CLEARLY says, it finds the Registry entry stating that P3Dv2 is installed! It is the actual program, the EXE, which is NOT in the place the Registry says it is in!

How on Earth do you find this confusing? Please explain. The Registry is there for a purpose. It registers the software you install and records where it is. Most installers use it to work out what to do, to make it EASIER for you, not to CONFUSE you!

I don't know how you got in this mess, but the installer can try to fix it for you if you only followed the instructions and prompts provided.

Otherwise you should edit the Registry entry at

changing parameter"SetupPath" to point to the right place, as it surely would if you'd just installed P3D normally.

I also see something in the text above about no Microsoft ESP in the registry. Do I need to install ESP? 

No, of course not, not unless you want to use it!!! The Log is just telling you what the Installer looked at. It is the one installer for FSX, ESP, P3Dv1 and P3Dv2, and it will install into all 4 if all 4 are installed. If they are not installed it won't, obviously?

Pete

I don't know how you got in this mess, but the installer can try to fix it for you if you only followed the instructions and prompts provided.

Thank you for responding.

I am sorry for resurrecting an old thread, my apologies sir. I thought was only trying to be courteous as a new poster and save on the site bandwidth by doing so.

I am new to the site and forum here yes, but I am not new to installing addons for FSX, or FS9.
And for the record, I have done MANY installations for P3D V2, even as it is in it's infancy stage as of this writing, and ALL my installations went perfectly into that P3D v2 on my H drive -WITH NO MIGRATION TOOL needed on any of them.

Anyways, I got into this mess by following the manual to a T. 
The name of the manual -which appeared as a pdf- is as follows: 

"FSUIPC4: Application interfacing module for Microsoft Flight Simulator X
... and Microsoft ESP ... and Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D v1.4 and v2.0,2.1,2.2

Flight Simulator Universal Inter-Process Communication 4
by Pete Dowson, © 16th April 2014
Support Forum: Pete Dowson's Support Forum
INSTALLATION and REGISTRATION GUIDE
Version 4.93 of FSUIPC4.dll"

Even though I have previously installed your products -free and pay versions- for FSX and FS9, I still went 'by the book' for P3D V2 -your book. So that is why I am here now.

From the manual:

"...This complete process may repeat to cover all three: FSX, ESP and Prepar3D, if you have them all correctly installed..."

So that quote from the manual, and along with reading your above-posted reply today, are you saying that because I attempted to install this 'FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.936' onto the P3D V2 which resides on my H drive, that this is why my registry won't let the FSUIPC installer see it and take the appropriate action?

The way I read it? FSUIPC will NOT install into P3D V2 that resides on another internal HD, it will only go into a P3D V2 installed in C/Program Files(86), being it isn't officially recognizing anything on H...I certainly hope I'm wrong in how I'm reading that, because eventually all of my FS stuff is going into that H drive...I want NOTHING related to flight simming in my C(x86) location -that is why I installed P3D V2 where I did, it being the newest of my flight sims...

My P3D V2 runs better in that H drive than anything else runs on my pc.
If this was your pc we are talking about instead of mine, would you move it? With all due respect, I highly doubt it...

In closing, I have no idea why you say I aborted the setup. I did nothing of the sort.
When I run the FSUIPC exe as admin, what you see in my screenshots here is all I see. I never get the chance to abort anything.
(The whole process is done within seconds. I even sat and waited for much longer after I get the 'FSX version installed OK' message box, as to see if it will eventually "see" my H drive install. It never does, even though the log there says 'it's looking for it'. Wait 5 minutes, ten minutes, fifty minutes. You can't say I didn't give it enough time to find it in my registry...)
When I click OK on that 'FSX version installed OK' message box, it shows the error message for P3D.
Edited by seneca

I am sorry for resurrecting an old thread, my apologies sir. I thought was only trying to be courteous as a new poster and save on the site bandwidth by doing so.

The problem doing that is that it buries your new query rather deep and mostly unnoticeable.

The name of the manual -which appeared as a pdf- is as follows: 

The manual for installing is actually the one entitled "Installing and Registering FSUIPC4" and it accompanies the Installer EXE in the same ZIP. The only other Manuals are those installed for you by the Installer, so obviously not available until after the Installation completes!

So that quote from the manual, and along with reading your above-posted reply today, are you saying that because I attempted to install this 'FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.936' onto the P3D V2 which resides on my H drive, that this is why my registry won't let the FSUIPC installer see it and take the appropriate action?

No no no! The Installer simply uses the path it finds in the Registry. IUt does not care where it points. It uses the path in the same way any installer would. In your case the path "H:\" apparently did NOT point to a place where the Prepar3D.EXE was to be foundd!

When the Installer cannot find the EXE it ASKS THE USER to find it instead, using a normal file directory dialogue. Once you so identify the correct EXE the Install proceeds normally. The error message you showed occurs when you cancel that request, effectively saying you don't know where that EXE is.

The way I read it? FSUIPC will NOT install into P3D V2 that resides on another internal HD, it will only go into a P3D V2 installed in C/Program Files(86),

I don't know how you read it that way. I have NEVER installed any version of FS into Program Files, and almost always on a separate disk. The Installer doesn't really care where you place it, it just need the correct path!
When I click OK on that 'FSX version installed OK' message box, it shows the error message for P3D.

Before that it would have shown the dialogue for you to indentify the correct path to the EXE. Then, if you'd bothered to click OK to the P3D error, it would have come up with the option for you to Register your FSX installation. The Log file, which would have been placed in the FSX Modules folder (because it knows of nowhere else to place it), would show all this and terminate with a proper termination message.

This has all worked for many hundreds if not thousands of users. I really don't know why you disbelieve what I tell you. :sad:

Can you please tell me what the actual path is to the P3D EXE? I do have an H drive and can certainly simulate installation into a folder on such a drive, just to prove there isn't something mighty odd about the letter 'H'. (My previous installations have been to D: E: and F: drives. I always traditionally used "F" for "Flight", D for "Data" and E for "Extras". :-)

Pete

"The problem doing that is that it buries your new query rather deep and mostly unnoticeable."

I understand now. Again, my apologies.

>>seneca, on 18 Sept 2014 - 9:49 PM, said:

The name of the manual -which appeared as a pdf- is as follows:<< 

"The manual for installing is actually the one entitled "Installing and Registering FSUIPC4" and it accompanies the Installer EXE in the same ZIP. The only other Manuals are those installed for you by the Installer, so obviously not available until after the Installation completes!"

OK, this is starting to make more sense now. I DO NOT disbelieve you, I'm just having a hard time getting the stuff and things to show that you speak of now (That is the message I have been trying to convey all along, I'm just not very good at putting it into words.) Examples:

"Before that it would have shown the dialogue for you to indentify the correct path to the EXE."

"Before that it would have shown the dialogue for you to indentify the correct path to the EXE. Then, if you'd bothered to click OK to the P3D error, it would have come up with the option for you to Register your FSX installation. The Log file, which would have been placed in the FSX Modules folder (because it knows of nowhere else to place it), would show all this and terminate with a proper termination message."

Exactly. I am not getting or showing any of these things, especially this: "...you'd bothered to click OK to the P3D error, it would have come up with the option for you to Register your FSX installation'."

Yes, I do click OK when that happened. I get no chance to register. Is that because I already have a 'FSUIPC4.key registration entries' file and such in my FSX 'Modules' folder? (My apologies for my outright ignorance now...)

Other than that, you explain it perfectly.

As you have requested, here is the file path to my P3D V2: Computer\New Volume H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3D v2

As I type this, I think I see something now right here that may be messing me up with all this FSUIPC error messages: "New Volume (H)". 

Am I on the right track here Pete?

This might be why the FSUIPC installer isn't recognizing where P3D V2 resides at?

If this is the case, then I might be outside my realm of comprehension as far as what to do next. I don't think I can get away with simply renaming "New Volume H:" to "H" to hopefully match what FSUIPC is seeing, or can I? I thought I read a while back that this is not possible, not sure when or where I read that.

For me going on that assumption, I always thought renaming might do damage to everything (as far as it running right on my pc) on the current H drive? (Again, I need to apologize -for my ignorance as far as my pc knowledge is concerned).

Otherwise, I see that you have done precisely that, as far as renaming goes:

"I do have an H drive and can certainly simulate installation into a folder on such a drive, just to prove there isn't something mighty odd about the letter 'H'. (My previous installations have been to D: E: and F: drives. I always traditionally used "F" for "Flight", D for "Data" and E for "Extras"." 

It would be nice to simply rename it to "H" (and hopefully this will fix it and I won't bug you anymore on this  :oops:  :cool: )but I won't do nothing until I hear back from you. Thanks for your help Pete.

Exactly. I am not getting or showing any of these things, especially this: "...you'd bothered to click OK to the P3D error, it would have come up with the option for you to Register your FSX installation'."

Yes, I do click OK when that happened. I get no chance to register. Is that because I already have a 'FSUIPC4.key registration entries' file and such in my FSX 'Modules' folder?

No, you should get those requests in any case. There's no way in the program for it to bypass any of the steps it goes though. I'm rather at a loss to understand what is happening on your system. ALWAYS, if it cannot find the program, it asks you where it is, and all you do is select the path and EXE file in the dialogue which appears. I cannot see any way it can b-pass this. And the only way out of the program, without forcibly closing it, it by answering the questions about Registration, like "Not now" or whatever. What you describe is very puzzling and I see no way it can happen, so I have a problem. I may have to make a spcal version with a log more logging so I can see why your system is behaving so differently.

As you have requested, here is the file path to my P3D V2: Computer\New Volume H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3D v2

So the correct Install path, which would have neren in the Registry for a normal proper install, is "H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3D v2"? not just "H:\" which is all that is in the Registry. How did you manage to insdtall it and get the Registry so badly wrong? If it is a Lockheed-Martin installer bug you should report it to them. Have you been moving thongs around after installing? You said some time back that some folders were left elsewhere -- is that due to you moving things?

The best way of fixing all this is to fix the Registry so it points to the right place. I already suggested that, if you recall:

Otherwise you should edit the Registry entry at

changing parameter"SetupPath" to point to the right place, as it surely would if you'd just installed P3D normally.

Currently the stup path is set to just "H:\" which clearly cannot point to the Prepar3D program at all!

Use Regedit to correct the path.

It would be nice to simply rename it to "H" (and hopefully this will fix it and I won't bug you anymore on this

H: is the drive letter, not the path to the Prepar3D program. "Paths" include folder/directory names. Paths take you to the program, not just to the hard disk drive.

Pete

"How did you manage to install it and get the Registry so badly wrong?"

To tell you the truth Pete, I have no idea. 

After purchasing the license and downloading it, I pointed the L-M P3D installer to my H drive, and there it went. It was too easy.

As I said earlier on, my P3D V2 runs like a dream. No problems whatoever, with a strong 27 fps on a mid to low range 3.6 gig pc with an awesome gpu.

And, after reading all over (on the other flight sim community sites) on what nightmares and problems others are having with P3D -even those with much stronger systems than mine- I figured that since it is on my H drive, and with over a thousand planes, various p2p addon sceneries (and counting), it runs with no problems, I should count my blessings and enjoy the experience.

That is why all of this has thrown me for a loop. I never had any problems installing FSUIPC on the other two sims. Both installations went exactly as you have described now.

This all will have to be fixed on my end before I can proceed further. I think it's safe to say there is no problem with the FSUIPC installer itself, the problem lies within my pc's registry.

An assumption on my part: I would bet that if I reinstalled P3D V2 into my C drive and ran one single flight, the FSUIPC installation would go without a hitch. 

But I want to leave P3D where it resides now, so it's a problem I'll have to live with.

The main reason I wanted FSUIPC in P3D, was so I could run FS Flying School, a payware product from FS Inventions.

But FS Flying School won't even install it's demo without having FSUIPC installed into P3D, so for now I'm on hold with that project.

"Otherwise you should edit the Registry entry atHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2  changing parameter"SetupPath" to point to the right place, as it surely would if you'd just installed P3D normally."

"Use Regedit to correct the path."

"Otherwise you should edit the Registry entry at

changing parameter"SetupPath" to point to the right place, as it surely would if you'd just installed P3D normally."

You explain this very well here Pete, but this area of pc's is totally out of my league, so it might be some time before I can fix this myself. To put it succinctly, I'm too scared to mess with anything on a pc that has to do with registries -I do understand that this is probably the only way to fix my 'installing FSUIPC into P3D' problem though. 

When I type in "How to use regedit to correct a path", I come up with about 1,700,000 results, so this will take me a while to figure all of this out. So for now, I will read up on editing registries, and attempt all of this later. 

I feel bad for not proceeding ahead with the registry editing (especially after you pointed it out to me so clear), but I don't feel comfortable doing it, and I really feel bad for wasting all of your time on this.

My apologies once again Pete, and thank you once again for looking into this for me.

"Otherwise you should edit the Registry entry atHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2  changing parameter"SetupPath" to point to the right place, as it surely would if you'd just installed P3D normally."

"Use Regedit to correct the path."

"Otherwise you should edit the Registry entry at
changing parameter"SetupPath" to point to the right place, as it surely would if you'd just installed P3D normally."

You explain this very well here Pete, but this area of pc's is totally out of my league, so it might be some time before I can fix this myself. To put it succinctly, I'm too scared to mess with anything on a pc that has to do with registries -I do understand that this is probably the only way to fix my 'installing FSUIPC into P3D' problem though. 

It is not really difficult, and not dangerous.

Before we start, though. Can you re-check the exact path. You said:

This looks a little unlikely to me, as "Prepar3D is not spelled with a space normally. If it is "Prepar3D v2" not "Prepar 3D v2" you'll need to make that change in all the following.

If you save the following text as a REG file (eg "FixP3DPath.reg") anywhere on your disk, then double click on it to make it execute, it will fix the entries for you in any case. You will probably need to run it "as administrator" (right-click and select run as ... administrator), and it will ask you for confirmation before it does anything.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2]
"AppPath"="H:\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar 3D v2\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2]
"SetupPath"="H:\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar 3D v2\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2]
"SetupPath"="H:\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar 3D v2\\"

I'm trying to cover all the bases here -- different installers, different versions of Windows, different places, different parameter names. Extra entries won't do any harm provided they all point to the correct place.

Meanwhile, I've now managed to reproduce the case where the File Selection dialogue, asking you to help find the program, doesn't appear. I am working on this now to fix it. Apologies for not quite believing you on this one. It has taken me quite a feww convolutions to actually reproduce it. Very strange, but now I can i can fix it.

So, if you'd rather not try fixing the Registry yourself, above, hopefully I will be able to give you a revised Installer to try soon ...

Pete

...hopefully I will be able to give you a revised Installer to try soon ...

Right. done. Easier than I thought.

Please download the updated installer package: Install_FSUIPC4936c.zip. When you run this and it can't find the Prepar3D.exe you'll get an Explorer window. just find the Prepar3D exe and select it there and it will work. Later it will ask you if you want the Registry fixed. Agree and you'll be okay from then on.

Pete

After stepping back for a moment to regroup, I was very surprised to see this:

Right. done. Easier than I thought.

Please download the updated installer package: Install_FSUIPC4936c.zip. When you run this and it can't find the Prepar3D.exe you'll get an Explorer window. just find the Prepar3D exe and select it there and it will work. Later it will ask you if you want the Registry fixed. Agree and you'll be okay from then on.

Pete

Although I really shouldn't be surprised at all, being your excellent reputation for knowledge concerning anything to do with flight simming precedes you, and it definitely has shown in this case now, because...

This did it! It installed FSUIPC into my P3D perfectly without a hitch! 

Also, that was very kind of you for showing me how to edit my registry, just in case there was a chance the installer didn't work. That was a very good and informative piece of information for me, and it can be very helpful for anyone in the future who could also benefit, if they would ever run across the same thing as I did now.

Amazing! Thank you very much Pete!!!