The simFlight Network Forums

OK, so despite my challenges with stutters I did point STB at this thing.  There is going to be some work to do.  For you guys with the current P3D V1.4 STB, it won't connect to P3D V2.  That we can get beyond, but I'm still assessing what does and does not work.  So far:

Works:

- Can connect!

- SimConnect variables like speed, height, etc

- View AI

- Traffic slider values

Does not work:

- Configuration Wizard, all the important simulator files are in a slightly different place.

- Delete AI, crashes the sim.

- P3D crashes if P3D is closed with STB still connected

And that's just the start.  Much work to do I'm afraid so I can't even begin to talk about dates.  But if you are interested in testing the code once I have it, please sign up here!

Simon

The Delete AI is the real problem, that's broken in the simulator.  Perhaps we'll do a release with restrictions and address other things later.  Right now the whole world is trying to get their problems in front of the Prepar3D development team.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

STB for P3D (V1 and V2) is a separate product to STB for FSX.  Therefore, if you already have STB for FSX, you'll need to buy a license for STB for P3D.  Not all shops chose to carry P3D add-ons.  If the shop you purchased the FSX version does not offer it for P3D as well, please contact me for help.  The shop should also offer you a discount of 75% since you already have the FSX version.

Simon

Just an update on the SDK issue.  I got some insight into the cause and have fed it back to LM.  Once I get LM's angle on it, we should be ready for release.  Either way, I hope to start the release process next weekend.  That includes the final verification test, and it usually takes the shops a few days to get it onto the shelf.

Simon