The simFlight Network Forums
dancemad

FSC 9.4 error msg

Hey all,

Getting an error message when creating a route directly into FSC 9.4. It reads: Very important information about the Route String! This is not a valid Route String according to the rule: Intersection-Airway-Intersection-Airway or some waypoints or airways are missing in current Cycle! Flight plan cannot be completed.

I get this when creating something as simple as KRDD MOD KLAX

This didn't happen in 9.3. My Navdata cycle is current as well. This is happening on two recently upgraded installs.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Michael

Edited by dancemad

Here's a complete guess:

There are two VORs named MOD.  One is Modesto,which I expect is the one you want.  The other one is in Germany by EDDG, some 4600 miles from KRDD.  My guess is that the FSC route builder is picking up the German MOD and is not happy with the distance to the first waypoint.

If you use the "Find Object" menu item under Map and search for a VOR named MOD, you will be able to select MOD manually and all is fine.

Thanks for the reply FS1TR, but it doesn't matter what VOR I use, it gives the same message. The only thing that works is to put in direct airport icao to airport icao and/or use lo alt plan or hi alt plan. It won't let me customize my route

Hi ???,

The error message tells you exactly what is wrong.

This is not a valid Route String according to the rule:

Intersection-Airway-Intersection-Airway or some waypoints or airways are missing in current Cycle!

Flight plan cannot be completed.

As of the current version, only the convention

Departure Icao-Intersection-Airway-Intersection-Airway ... -Destination ICAO  accepted in the route string.

In previous versions, the solution was wrong.

Volker

Hi ???.

Using the Field RouteString, the answer is Yes, otherwise No.

For many years, one can read the Conventions for the route string in the manual.

We did not think how many users do not comply.

That is the reason why the route string is now treated restrictively.

Manual flight plans with all imaginable waypoints are of course still possible without any restrictions.

Volker

One more question for you VolkerHeine. If I use the 'right' click method of inserting waypoints, VORs etc..... 9.4 works perfect, but if I 'manually' type the exact waypoints, VORs etc into the route, it gives me those errors. Any ideas why that is?

Thanks again and I am always learning things through this board

Michael

Hi Michael,

The "Route String" field only accepts, as already written, Intersection - Airway - Intersection - Airway ... and nothing else.

Volker

Hi ???,

Then what if I do not wish to fly an 'airway' and only input GPS fixes?

Please read the excellent manual, chapter 5.2 Advanced techniques.

Volker

I use to copy & paste  Flight Aware flight plan "strings" directly into FS Commander (9.2) and I loved it.  My son's a commercial airline pilot and I often use Flight Aware to follow and re-create his flights.  Now that I upgraded to v 9.4, I get the same error message (i.e. flight plan cannot be completed) for most of the Flight Aware flight plan strings I've tried so far.  I'm sure Volker's right, but I'm no longer a happy camper.  I guess I can revert back to v 9.2, but I'd prefer another solution.  Am I to understand that some/many/most of Flight Aware flight plan strings are not technically legit?  - Larry

Thanks, Volker!  I've downloaded the Hotfix and replaced my existing FSC.exe file with Hotfix FSC.exe file.  I'm sure I'll be a happy camper again.  Danke! - Larry