The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Towards MyTraffic3D V2 and support for Prepar3D V2

Prepare3D V2 is out now for a week, and all of us gain first experience with it. It is different to version 1.4 in several aspects, so a specific version für Prepar3D V2 is needed.

I will post here what I think is needed, and also ask you to post here modifications that you see to be necessary. I will make another topic for problems with version 2, please post specific problems of your setup there, like crashes of P3D, installer questions, etc.

Please understand that in the current state it is not possible to fully support P3D V2 - this can only be done with a version built for and tested against it.

Howe to install MyTraffic 3 D to P3D V2:

If you have the MyTraffic Folder from your P3D 1.4 installation, then

a) Move this over to the P3DV2 Folder,

then proceed like I described in post 3 of this topic, this is what I did and it worked flawless.

If you no longer have it, please install MyTraffic 3D to the P3DV2 Folder, when the Communicator starts, end it, do not use it to modify any files, and procedd as described in post 3.

Both ways I expect to work. Do not use the Communicator for P3D for P3DV2 !

Edit the file Prepar3D.CFG that you find under %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 , than add after

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Countermeasures

a line
SimObjectPaths.9=MyTRaffic\Aircraft

that tells P3DV2 where you installed the MyTraffic aircraft ( and can be any path, whatever you have done),

Add MyTraffic as scenery from the dialogs inside P3D, and place it just above propellor objects.

Do not use any tools other than P3DV2 itself to install the scenery, and do not edit the file manually. If you do so, Microsoft does no longer provide support for FSX, nor Lockheed Martin for P3D or P3DV2 - so I cannot support you in such a case either. 

Every time I tested the above procedure, it gave a working Installation.

Here now the changes I expect are needed;

• Installation Routine must be rewritten for V2
  • Communicator must be rewritten for differences

And here what to me looks like working:

• MyTraffic Interactive can create aircraft and make them file a flight pan and get into Action
  • MyCaptain ships get created and move properly

Hi Burkhard,

due to performance reasons I would like to disable the AI aircraft from using jetways.  

With P3D 1.4 and FSX it was possible to do this via the communicator.

How can this be done with P3DV2?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jörg

Burkhard,

Can I use the manual install procedure you described above (for P3Dv2) work if I only have MyTraffic X for FSX? Or must I already have the P3D v1.4 version of MyTraffic X installed?

In general it will work, but of the tools don't, so while you can do it please understand I cannot support you if things don't work as you expect - which makes no difference since I see no way to support P3D V2.0 currently anyway as long as we know so little about it.

@Burk,

I installed MyTX 5.4c into P3d2 as you outlined (moving files and folders manually from P3d 1.4) and it works fine. And that's under Windows 8.1, which eats apps for a living. One more point that you should stress (although these are all clearly suggested by you on this forum already) is that airlines.cfg and the  MyTX ATC sound file  (USEnglishBig.gvp) need to be moved manually also. And lastly, the default BGL traffic files in P3d2 also need to be renamed.

Looks like you understand what you are doing, congratulations! Usage of FSX files in P3D works - but of course nobody can support this officially.

Hi fellows,

I "remember" having to rename the traffic.bgl to passive in P3d v1.4 -  In V2, I have a traffic.bgl..........

Do I just rename it to traffic.bglpassive and MyTraffic3D will rebuild?

Thanks so much for the refresher.

Tom

There is no traffic.bgl in P3D, only a trafficAircraft.bgl. If you have a traffic.bgl, then you have installed software for FS8 to P3D and should remove that software first.

You rename trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.passive in oder to get rid of the fake airlines in the AI traffic that comes with P3D.

Looks like you understand what you are doing, congratulations! Usage of FSX files in P3D works - but of course nobody can support this officially.

I have the P3d 1.x version of MyTraffic, but I was afraid to use the installer, so I just moved everything over from my P3d 1.4 installation to P3d2. It works fine.

I had MyTraffic 2013 [boxed] and Prepar3d and it worked fine. I purchased Prepar3d v2 and downloaded MT2013 5.4c. No aircraft or flights except the basice 3D AI. How long is it going to be before you have a installer that will allow me to use this product with v2?

PIC

I had MyTraffic 2013 [boxed] and Prepar3d and it worked fine. I purchased Prepar3d v2 and downloaded MT2013 5.4c. No aircraft or flights except the basice 3D AI. How long is it going to be before you have a installer that will allow me to use this product with v2?

PIC

MyTraffic 2013 is an Aerosoft product and is supported by an Aerosoft forum...try posting your question there.

This forum is for support of MyTrafficX Pro.

Hello I am desesperately trying to install mytraffic into P3Dv2

message error : impossible to find the file C:/users/name/AppData/Roaming/lockheedMartin/Prepar3D/Prepar3D.cfg

is there any patch to upgrade this ? or a different solution please if someone knows a solution ?

thankl you.

Hello,

For me all is ok for My Traffic  with P3Dv2.1 but i lost very much fraps !

Please in the future to obtain a new version of My traffic more adapted to P3Dv2.1

Best regards

The correct string for P3DV2 is C:/users/name/AppData/Roaming/lockheedMartin/Prepar3D/Prepar3D.cfg is C:/users/name/AppData/Roaming/lockheedMartin/Prepar3D v2/Prepar3D.cfg

With the new version we basically are back to start...

Did anyone notice when they install the Mytraffic 5.4c that it kind of distorts scenery, the part of the building where jetway connects to the building becomes missing ?

I'm using P3D V2 placed in C:/P3D/  trying to add 54C

1.  I added this line per your post: SimObjectPaths.9=MyTRaffic\Aircraft to the P3D config file

2.  Scenery Library entry above Propeller Objects

My MT3D_V54c.myt file is in the Aircraft folder and if I open it it is full of plans/files, etc.

My Sliders are at about 30% for Air Traffic.

Still no planes ... anything else I should try?