The simFlight Network Forums

Towards MyTraffic3D V2 and support for Prepar3D V2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can exclude you get it yesterday, but hope to have a release candidate for the testers on monday.

I have been lurking, watching this topic.  Indeed, P3D 2.5 (professional) needs realistic traffic.  I'm watching... and waiting!

Great to hear it's really close...! I really need to give my new rig a workout this weekend [hint, hint] :mrgreen:   As for performance issues, wonder what's so fundamentally different now in the tr

Posted Images

I haven't installed P3d 2.5 yet, since the ASN weather  engine and all ORBX products don't install properly. One point about P3d 2.5 and My Traffic 5. The SimObjects paths in Prepare3d.cfg under the [Main] section has been eliminated and moved to its own file SimObjects.cfg, located in sim's subfolder under folder %PROGRAMDATA%. This was done to conform to Microsoft guidelines for configuration file locations.

Burkhard, isn't there a developers channel that you could use to better communicate/beta with them?  The file structure change will make it easier for addon developers to isolate their addons from the core code in the future. So, a growing pain this time. They key word being "growing". Others seem to be well represented and many, many of us want you to be too. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/developers/

I love MyTraffic. It's the best AI Traffic program out there and I've tried the offers from Flight1 and JustFlight. It was my first addon for Flight Simulation over a decade ago. Even though I and others have it working in P3Dv2+ I look forward to the day I can purchase a new license for P3Dv2+ and thank you for your work and on-going support.

Cheers,

Clayton

Thanks for that, which means again quite some software has to be rewritten... If I would charge LM for the hours they forced me to spend to adapt their changes, it would be a rather high bill...

Here's what it should look like (assuming that the AI aircraft from My Traffic are in D:\My Traffic\Aircraft\:

- simobjects.cfg
[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
[Entry.3]
Path=SimObjects\Boats
[Entry.4]
Path=SimObjects\Animals
[Entry.5]