The simFlight Network Forums

Towards MyTraffic3D V2 and support for Prepar3D V2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can exclude you get it yesterday, but hope to have a release candidate for the testers on monday.

I have been lurking, watching this topic.  Indeed, P3D 2.5 (professional) needs realistic traffic.  I'm watching... and waiting!

Great to hear it's really close...! I really need to give my new rig a workout this weekend [hint, hint] :mrgreen:   As for performance issues, wonder what's so fundamentally different now in the tr

Posted Images

Different ways to install to begin with, and poor performance - the same situation I get ,ore than twice the frames under FSX SP2 than P3D V2.5.

MyTraffic 5 has been withdrawn from sales now :)

Different ways to install to begin with, and poor performance - the same situation I get ,ore than twice the frames under FSX SP2 than P3D V2.5.

MyTraffic 5 has been withdrawn from sales now :)

Great to hear it's really close...! I really need to give my new rig a workout this weekend [hint, hint] :mrgreen:

As for performance issues, wonder what's so fundamentally different now in the traffic system between FSX and P3D? Something LM have changed, or is it the rendering? I'm still planning on using the freeware Traffic Optimizer to help with performance...

• Upvote 1

I see no difference between FSX RTM and P3D V2.5 when it comes to AI traffic, but a few bugs removed in FSX SP1. It is the scenery Rendering that is faster in P3D V2 than ever, at least on my hardware. 

This is the first time I've used MyTraffic, I used Traffic360 before in P3D2 (after a bit of faffing about) and I must congratulate you on a great little addition to my daily flying experience.

MyTraffic6 is quite stunning.

I have traffic turned up to 50%, both commercial and GA, with Air Traffic Manager restricting the number of aircraft to 80.

Thank you.

I'm no longer alone up there.

MTv6 looks real good FSX and P3Dv2.5 ... thanks.

How to get rid of default traffic from FSX and P3D v2.5 .. and only use MT6 aircraft?

I ask first to be sure I do not make a big mess of your good install.

MyTraffic Communicator should help, otherwise:

rename scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl to \trafficAircraft.bgl.passive. This is a step that can be rverted at any time. If there already is a file .passive, just delete it.

MyTraffic Communicator should help, otherwise:

rename scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl to \trafficAircraft.bgl.passive. This is a step that can be rverted at any time. If there already is a file .passive, just delete it.

Ok,

I will go get it done.

Thanks.

Have a good day.

Bought it, downloaded and I think incorrectly installed.

I am one of those people who are happy with defaults.

I have localised the MyTraffic Professional folder (but do I used the MyTraffic folder inside it?

I use 2.5 so I have configured the simobjects cfg

I have static aircraft, but no flying aircraft,

I selected Spring 2015 schedule and I got the three stage batch file, but still nothing.

I am 76, slow and grumpy.

The lofed that you should localize is MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic in your example, please just post your simobjects,cfg file ( you can copy paste from the Communicator) here so that I can check.

But when you say static aircraft, what exactly does this mean? FSX AI traffic does not start immediately, especially if you have ground vehicles enabled servicinf the aircraft takes a time.

MyTraffic6

P3Dv2.5

KDTW (my home airport) I notice landing and departing (ATIS message ) from too many runways ... some are listed as grass runways in bgl but not actually runways?

Why is this?

Will this cause problems with ATC programs e.g. VOXact and others?

All well, thanks after a reinstall, and no attempt to select one of the timetable choices.  When I did try earlier it said the schedules required me to wait 5 minutes.... but the 5 minutes never ended!

However I decided to set up at Gatwick to fly to Tegel.  Plenty of static aircraft, and then movement began and aircraft taxied out. landed, but those landing on runway 8L at EGKK all stopped at the end of the runway, but were unable to taxi clear ...  and were then 'disappeared' when the next aircraft came into land... then they too, got stuck  at the end.  It meant that the takeoff queue was a kilometer long, and no aircraft could takeoff.

SnapShot_150412_231324.jpg

MyTraffic6

P3Dv2.5

KDTW (my home airport) I notice landing and departing (ATIS message ) from too many runways ... some are listed as grass runways in bgl but not actually runways?

Why is this?

Will this cause problems with ATC programs e.g. VOXact and others?

I found the BR2_KDTW.BGL file in and renamed it BR2_KDTW.BGL.passive

Now all ATIS message is OK using stock airport.

Why were grass runways in BR2_KDTW.BGL?

Will other airports have grass runways by default with MTv6?

If you look more in detail, these grass runways are located near the south pole. This is necessary to allow FSX/P3D to use all runways, not only those parallel to the current wind direction, so called cross wind technique. Without them, even large airports like KORD will only use one or two runways - which cannot handle all the AI traffic, congesting the airport rather early. 

"grass runways are located near the south pole"

I did not notice that ...

Thanks for your reply ...

"This is necessary to allow FSX/P3D to use all runways, not only those parallel to the current wind direction, so called cross wind technique. Without them, even large airports like KORD will only use one or two runways - which cannot handle all the AI traffic, congesting the airport rather early."

I will leave your airport work as you designed.

But, my payware airports will possibly have "congesting the airport" problems if not modified as you did.

Thanks for the additional inf.

Have a good day.