The simFlight Network Forums
chrisy

Registration

I have downloaded 9.4 and it is running in trial mode.  How do I register it.  I have a code for it but can find nowhere to actually register it or any information on how to register.

Hi,

I downloaded the full v9.4, since I was still in v9.0 and couldn't find an upgrade from one to the ohter. I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new one. When trying to register it, and I know where to do it, I got a message that the registration failed and the data was incorrect. It's the same registration data that I was using for v9.0, so I believe it should work for v9.4, right?

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Marconi

Dear Volker,

I've already contacted SimMarket's support. They guarantee the key is valid and, indeed, it has been working for the last 2 years with a v9.0. Now that I uninstalled it and installed the new v9.4, the registration window keeps saying that the data is invalid.

They have directed me to your support forum, while you direct me back to them. Now I'm stuck in the middle of this blame game with an FSC that I can't register. Would you be so kind to help me to find a solution, between the two of you? I can provide a screenshot of the registration window if you need it and allow me to send it on a private message.

I appreciate your help.

Marconi

Marconi,

before aksing for further support, you should at least react on all the suugestions and questions in the linl Volker gave you.

By doing so, most problems resolve by itself.

And a small hint: when putting in the serial number by copy&paste, make sure that you do not copy any spaces at the beginning or the end of the serial number.

Hi Volker,

I apologize for not having posted the specs of my system, as requested in your first post. I skiped that because further down in that doc you made clear you don't support registration issues, so I turned to SimMarket. Here is the info requested:

1. FSX

2. FSUIPC 4.90 / no WideFS

3. FSC v9.4 - Build 2013-11-22 / Database Manager v9.4 Net - Build 2013-11-15

4. Downloaded version from FSC website (registration acquired from SimMarket)

5. OS Windows 7/64 bits

I'm sure I'm not doing any mistakes when entering the registration key. Have done it several times now, copy&pasting and even manually. I have also checked all the points listed in the file you referred to:

. Item I is my case, with the "incorrect data" message. I'm sure the name is correct and, as said, it used to work before with v9.0.

. Item II is not my case, the registration is never successful. My FSC is installed in a folder in the root of C: drive where I concentrate all my FSX related add-ons. Neither the FSC folder nor any sub-folder or file under it is marked as read-only. The register.fsc file exists in the FSC main folder.

I'll now follow your last instruction in the doc and send you a mail with my registration information, as requested.

Many thanks for your support!

Marconi

Hi Volker,

The registration file did the magic... FSC registered and working fine!

Many thanks for your support!

Regards,

Marconi

Hello

I'm having exactly the same problem.  For ages the reg I have for simmarket worked fine.  Havent played my flight sim for ages so did a new install today and now FScommander wont accept my simmarket registration details.

1.  FSX SE

2  FSUIPC4 4.948

3. Latest Version of FS Commander downloaded from your website

4. Running windows 10 upgraded from Win 7

I can send you in a pm my simmarket registration details if you require.  I can also provide you with the simmarket order number and date of purchase.

When I try to enter simmarket reg details into fscaommander reg screen it says the details are incorrect.

Please cna you help me.

Thanks Jason Shephard