The simFlight Network Forums

Changing Airports

gfd

Greetings. Hope all is well. There is something I would like to understand. At night, usually 2200 to 2300 GMT-7, as I am flying around Friday Harbor, the airport shown in Super Traffic Board changes. Sometimes it's Victoria BC, sometimes Whidby, other airports as well. At first I thought maybe the airport closed, but there is still activity.

-airports beyond reality bubble is unchecked

-today's data only is unchecked

-auto select closest airport is checked.

-detail is set to predictions

-honour traffic sliders are both unchecked

Any ideas?

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham,

It maybe there isn't enough activity at the airport at certain times.  See Configuratoin -> Settings Notebook -> Board Control Tab -> Airport Movement Display Threshold.  This is the minimum number of AI aircraft an airport requires to be selected either from the drop down list or automatically via closest airport.  This is to keep the list from being overwhelmed or changing too frequently, but you can certainly change it to your needs.

Simon

Thank you Simon. I guess I should be a little more thorough in future. I'll have another look through the manual to better understand the option. One more comment; before Friday Harbor blipped out, I cold have sworn STB showed more than 8 entries. Mind you, many of them were scheduled. Does that matter. Maybe in future, we could get an option to always show the nearest airport as long as it's open. Or maybe a favourites list as long as within the reality bubble. OK...I know you're busy. Just a thought.

By the way, how's P3D v2 version coming. Please let us know when you're happy with it. I won't be moving over until STB and a couple other programs are P3D v2 happy.

Have a great holiday season,

Graham

For the airport list and threshold list, it's the number of real AI that's important rather than the scheduled flights that might occur later if an AI turns up to operate them.

P3D V2 beta testing is coming along fine, just one problem under investigation so far.  However there's all the side by side testing to do to make sure each version plays nice with the others and STB-DS.

Simon