The simFlight Network Forums

Hello Pete,

As I have both ASN and FSGRW installed I updated FSUIPC to ver 4.925. I use the weather engines from a client PC ( only any one at a time ) and trying to use FSGRW I found the flightsim PC constantly locking up for periods of time at least with the PMDG NGX..

Currently preferring FSGRW I have disabled the as_connect.dll entry in the fsx dll.xml and all appears to function correctly.

Posted for your information, the fix for me is not to allow as_connect.dll to run.

As I have both ASN and FSGRW installed I updated FSUIPC to ver 4.925. I use the weather engines from a client PC ( only any one at a time ) and trying to use FSGRW I found the flightsim PC constantly locking up for periods of time at least with the PMDG NGX..

There is really no way that will occur once the update to ASN is released. Before this, the only thing which is done, once every 30 seconds, is that FSUIPC checks the top-level Windows to see if any have a title bar starting "Active Sky Next". Until HiFi provided the faster solution in the as_connect modules this was the only way, and the suppliers of FSGRW were upset about the existing situation which demanded an immediate solution..

Unfortunately there is no way this intermediate method will work with the copy of ASN running on a client PC instead of the FSX PC, so it is to no avail it actually does the search. However, I would be surprised if the time taken to determine whether the window was present was noticeable. Perhaps you have very many top level windows open or minimised in your Windows setup? Even so, I would have thought that even just one or two milliseconds per Window would be excessive.

What obviously will not work in this scenario is the FSGRW direct wind control, because FSUIPC has no way of knowing ASN is actually running. Maybe it is this aspect which is causing your pausing.

All this will be fully sorted when HiFi release the next update for ASN.

Regards

Pete

Pete, I'm not sure I understand the above, but with ASN on my Wideclient PC and 4.925 on my FSX PC and running the NGX, I was for the very first time experiencing very, very severe pauses (up to 3 minutes each) with or without ASN actually running on the Wideclient (killing ASN on the client did not stop the pauses).  I then re-installed the full version 4.924a and everything is running as expected.  Do I understand that we're waiting for an updated version of ASN to work with 4.925 on my particular setup?

Pete, I'm not sure I understand the above, but with ASN on my Wideclient PC and 4.925 on my FSX PC and running the NGX, I was for the very first time experiencing very, very severe pauses (up to 3 minutes each) with or without ASN actually running on the Wideclient (killing ASN on the client did not stop the pauses).  I then re-installed the full version 4.924a and everything is running as expected.  Do I understand that we're waiting for an updated version of ASN to work with 4.925 on my particular setup?

Three minutes? I really don't understand that! It all works fine here.

It's not to do with ASN running or not, but the AS_Connect stuff loaded into FSX. The update from HiFi allows FSUIPC to test whether ASN is running with no time lage whatsoever. Before then FSUIPC has to search every top level window in Windows. But I really can't see how that possibly takes 3 minutes. Even with 100 such windows it should be a matter or millisseconds! And it iis only doing such a check once every 30 seconds!

Anyway, I am release 4.925a imminently. Please try with that and let me know. Until HiFi release and update, this revised version will not allow FSGRW to work correctly unless the ASN module in DLL.XML is disabled.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete. Not to stress you out, but would 4925a be the one linked to at schiratti.com or are you still testing?

It's 4.926 now, both in the Download Links subforum here, and linked on the Schiratti web page. (The text there will be out of date though. I can't control that).

Pete

It's 4.926 now, both in the Download Links subforum here, and linked on the Schiratti web page. (The text there will be out of date though. I can't control that).

Pete

Thank you very much!

Martin

Edited by mas618