The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC menu button doesn't open FSUIPC

So apparently when opened FSX I hit the FSUIPC menu button and nothing happened. I realized I had an old version like FSUIPC 4.92 and upgraded. Did the installation and everything said it was ok. So i went back to FSX and the emu button still doesn't work. Any ideas?

So apparently when opened FSX I hit the FSUIPC menu button and nothing happened. I realized I had an old version like FSUIPC 4.92 and upgraded. Did the installation and everything said it was ok. So i went back to FSX and the emu button still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Is there an Add-Ons menu? What is listed in it?

Pete

It includes PMDG, and FSUIPC. When I click on the FSUIPC option nothing happens. The window that should pop up doesn't.

Hmm. Never heard of that before. Can you show me the FSUIPC4 Install log and the FSUIPC4.LOG files from the FSX Modules folder please -- paste them into a message here.

Pete

Hmm. Never heard of that before. Can you show me the FSUIPC4 Install log and the FSUIPC4.LOG files from the FSX Modules folder please -- paste them into a message here.

Pete

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.926

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...
Looking in registry for ESP install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:
SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
Checking version of the FSX EXE:
... Version 10.0.61472.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
    Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)
    Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)
    Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
       C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL
... Version 4.920 found.
FSX Modules folder already exists.
Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"
Looking for the current user's Application Data path: 
... found as "C:\Users\derekv06\AppData\Roaming"
Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Default.migrated\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\derekv06\AppData\Roaming"
Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\derekv06\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.
... FSUIPC4_Loader section already exists but will be replaced.
     (with FSUIPC4_Loader entry)
... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.
Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "List of FSX and P3D controls.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay
   Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay
   Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay
===========================================================

All installer tasks completed.
Registration check for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.926 by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside FSX
Module base=6AF10000
User Name="Derek Varnum"
User Addr="derekv06@yahoo.com"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
      203 System time = 17/12/2013 11:30:54
      250 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
      266 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      688 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      688 SIM1 Frictions access gained
      688 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      688 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
      688 SimConnect intercept for texts and menus installed ok
      688 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      688 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
      703 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
      703 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
      703 FSUIPC Menu entry added
      766 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
      766 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    24797 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DVA_A319\A319_CFM_IFDG_011.AIR
    39844 Aircraft="Airbus A319-111 (Delta NNC 2007)"
    39860 System time = 17/12/2013 11:31:33, Simulator time = 11:30:51 (16:30Z)
    40860 Starting everything now ...
    81828 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 43 secs = 18.9 fps
    87735 System time = 17/12/2013 11:32:21, Simulator time = 11:31:32 (16:31Z)
    87735 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 43 secs = 18.9 fps
G3D fix: Passes 382, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 4 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Hmm. That all looks perfect.  The menu entry has been added and there are no errors reported from SimConnect. I assume you tried using the Menu during this log period? (If not, then the log is not indicative anyway).

I need more information, more logging. .Please add these lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:

Debug=Please

LogExtras=x4001

The log might get quite big. If so ZIP it up and send it by email to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

Hmm. That all looks perfect.  The menu entry has been added and there are no errors reported from SimConnect. I assume you tried using the Menu during this log period? (If not, then the log is not indicative anyway).

I need more information, more logging. .Please add these lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:

Debug=Please

LogExtras=x4001

The log might get quite big. If so ZIP it up and send it by email to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

Ok i did this and nothing happened. I posted Debug=Please, LogExtras=x4001in the General Section. To let you know, those files were text files. Also, this all started when I installed Roger Wilco. Before that, everything was good. 

Ok i did this and nothing happened. I posted Debug=Please, LogExtras=x4001in the General Section.

Sorry, what did you expect to happen? All those lines are for are to generate extra logging, in the FSUIPC4.LOG file, so that I can see what is happening. They don't change anything else!

To let you know, those files were text files.

If you mean the LOG files you pasted in earlier, of course they were text files, otherwise you could not have pasted them here. Log files are logs of events happeining, and are written with text so they can be read.

Also, this all started when I installed Roger Wilco. Before that, everything was good.

Well, unless Roger Wilco replaced some Windows components, or corrupted SimConnect or other parts of FS, which seems unlikely, that is probably just a coincidence.

I haven't got enough information to help yet, that's why I asked for the extra logging.

Pete

Sorry, I should've been more specific. By nothing happening, I was talking about in the LOG file. No new lines of added logging were added. 

In that case it never gets connected to SimConnect, because that logging logs a line every time it receives anything from SimConnect -- including the response to the Open request. If it never gets anything from SimConnect it logs an error and keeps trying to reconnect, logging every time. Your earlier log shows no such things happening.

So, I think you didn't add those two lines correctly in the INI file before running FSX. Perhaps you'd better show me the INI file.

Pete

In that case it never gets connected to SimConnect, because that logging logs a line every time it receives anything from SimConnect -- including the response to the Open request. If it never gets anything from SimConnect it logs an error and keeps trying to reconnect, logging every time. Your earlier log shows no such things happening.

So, I think you didn't add those two lines correctly in the INI file before running FSX. Perhaps you'd better show me the INI file.

Pete

Ha ok, I didn't run FSX, stupid me. I ran FSX and the log file had he new entries. I will send them to you via e-mail. I found some more information strange. When I didn't change anything on the default flight screen in FSX and click fly now, the FSUIPC menu button worked. When I changed the aircraft and the airport the FSUIPC button didn't work. 

Ha ok, I didn't run FSX, stupid me. I ran FSX and the log file had he new entries. I will send them to you via e-mail. I found some more information strange. When I didn't change anything on the default flight screen in FSX and click fly now, the FSUIPC menu button worked. When I changed the aircraft and the airport the FSUIPC button didn't work. 

So, what sequence of events will the log file relate to?

Pete

The sequence of events relating to the log event was me just clicking on fly now with nothing changed.

Okay, so it will not be of any use. Obviously (?) I need to see a log for you trying to open the FSUIPC options from the menu. Otherwise how can it tell me what is wrong?

Pete

Yeah. How would I go about that? Would I just keep the command in the INI file or delete it and add it again?

Sorry, I dont understand what you are asking. All I said was that, since we are trying to work out why the menu selection doesn't make the Options appear, providing extra logging without you even trying to open the Options will tell us nothing. How can it when you are not even trying the action which supposedly doesn't work?

What's all this about changing the INI file? I thought you said you'd added the lines I mentioned. Those are there to give us the logging we need. If you take them out, what's the point of any ofr this? Please just do as i said. We are getting no where otherwise.

Pete

Hi Pete, 

I have got the exact same issue as d-rock6.

I have installed the lastest ASN patch, FSUIPC v4927b patch, and I get the same issue.

When I start FSX, it runs fine, I am able to open FSUIPC from the drop down menu, I can do this for about 3 times, then I cannot open it any longer.  I have sent you the logfile as requested above to your email address.  PS, I have about 2 hours left in South Africa then it will be bed time.

Also I went through a process of illumination, to find out which DLL in the DLL.xml could be causing this, and when I remove the FSUIPC.dll everything else functions correctly.

Thanks

Michael

I have installed the lastest ASN patch, FSUIPC v4927b patch, and I get the same issue.

When I start FSX, it runs fine, I am able to open FSUIPC from the drop down menu, I can do this for about 3 times, then I cannot open it any longer.  I have sent you the logfile as requested above to your email address.  PS, I have about 2 hours left in South Africa then it will be bed time

And what version were you running before, and did that not show the same issue?

There has been no change in how the menu is invoked in any version of FSUIPC since the original 4.00. I need to know whether you are seeing a change, or not.

Unfortunately the log file doesn't show me what is going on as I'd hoped. I've been trying all week to get something useful from the original poster, to no avail. now i see I will have to add more logging to see why SimConnect is going wrong here.

Also I went through a process of illumination, to find out which DLL in the DLL.xml could be causing this, and when I remove the FSUIPC.dll everything else functions correctly.

Sorry, i don't understand. Are you implying that with FSUIPC installed something goes wrong? what? Why remove FSUIPC to see if the FSUIPC menu will then work? How could it?

I'm not sure that I will have time to do anything further now before Christmas, and then I am away till january 10th, so there may be a long delay. I'll see what I can fit in between family commitments.

Pete

And what version were you running before, and did that not show the same issue?

No, I did not have this issue before. The version of FSUIPC was 4927a and the ActiveSky Next was the latest update with hotfix 121713 "which states that the FSUIPC version should be 4.926 or later"  Everything was working 100% until today.

The only thing I purchased was the REX 4 Textures today, and after installing it I now get these issues.  Unless REX 4 is messing around with the SimConnect, I am not sure.  I uninstalled is and still get the same issue.

Sorry, i don't understand. Are you implying that with FSUIPC installed something goes wrong? what? Why remove FSUIPC to see if the FSUIPC menu will then work? How could it?

When the FSUIPC goes wrong, none of the other Add-on items work.  So when I removed the FSUIPC.dll from the dll.xml file, my add-on menus work constantly, I can select them as many times as I like...  

Hope that explains it...   :-)

No, I did not have this issue before. The version of FSUIPC was 4927a and the ActiveSky Next was the latest update with hotfix 121713 "which states that the FSUIPC version should be 4.926 or later"  Everything was working 100% until today.

Well that is completely mystifying then, because the only difference between 4.927a and 4.927b is one value in one instruction which affects large INI files causing a crash on FSX first loading. No ther change was made. And the person who started this thread did so long before 4.927b was released. And the change most certainly doesn't affect anything on your system.

The only thing I purchased was the REX 4 Textures today, and after installing it I now get these issues.

I 've just got that too, but I won't have time to install it for a day or two.

When the FSUIPC goes wrong, none of the other Add-on items work.

Wait a minute. "When FSUIPC goes wrong"? In what way does it "go wrong"? I thought the problem was only that when selecting the FSUIPC entry in the Add-Ons menu the options dialogue does not appear, that the FSUIPC entry appears to do nothing? What else are you now saying? What else 'goes wrong'?

What other "add on items are there which don't work. Or are you merely saying that the Add-Ons menu lists all the correct programs but none of them are selectable? If so that is certainly a SimConnect problem. There is no way FSUIPC can make SimConnect not respond to other programs.

I'll see about adding more logging to see why FSUIPC's options doesn't appear, but this is now sounding like something outside my capabilities. I cannot fix Simconnect itself if it gets courrupted like that.

Pete

I'll see about adding more logging to see why FSUIPC's options doesn't appear, but this is now sounding like something outside my capabilities. I cannot fix Simconnect itself if it gets courrupted like that.

Okay. Please place this version of FSUIPC4 into your FSX Modules folder. FSUIPC4927cTest.zip

Then edit the FSUIPC4.INI file and set

Debug=Please  (if you don't already have that there)

LogExtras=x8001

You can delete the TestOptions line if that's still there.

Run FSX and try the FSUIPC mernu, how ever many times. If or when it doesn't work, say, twice, show me the Log file. no need to ZIP and email it, it won't be too long. Paste it here.

These are the log lines you should get for every entry into the Menu and out again:

231396 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=0, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0

231412 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

231412 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE received, stt->dwInteger=1, dwMenuEvent=15

231412 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0

<< the menu is open here (not a log line!) >>

233642 ### MENU: PropertySheet call returned 1

233689 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: ending dialog mode

234048 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

This is the result of the FSUIPC4.log

This is the result of starting FSX, starting a flight, accessing FSUIP from the add-on menu twice, then the third time i could not access any of the add-on menu items.\

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.927c by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=5AFC0000
User Name="Michael Trautmann"
User Addr="mickey.jaye@gmail.com"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
      265 System time = 23/12/2013 08:21:07
      265 FLT path = "C:\Users\michael.trautmann\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      327 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
      358 FS path = "D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
     1029 LogOptions=00000000 00080011
     1029 SIM1 Frictions access gained
     1045 Wind smoothing may be by ASN, not FSUIPC, if it is running
     1045 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
     1045 SimConnect intercept for texts and menus installed ok
     1045 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     1045 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
     1107 ASN Running? Smoothing is by ASN
     7940 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
     7940 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     7940 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     8002 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
     8002 C:\Users\michael.trautmann\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Default George.FLT
     8002 D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
     8205 Memory in use: 708Mb, Avail=3388Mb
    17550 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
    17877 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
    68453 Memory in use: 1011Mb, Avail=3085Mb
    85519 Aircraft="Aircreation582SL red"
    85519 System time = 23/12/2013 08:22:33, Simulator time = 08:21:13 (07:21Z)
    94723 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
    97641 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=0, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
    97641 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
    97641 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE received, stt->dwInteger=1, dwMenuEvent=15
    97641 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
    99294 ### MENU: PropertySheet call returned 1
    99357 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: ending dialog mode
    99825 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
   101088 Starting everything now ...
   101104 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
   101931 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=0, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
   101931 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
   101931 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE received, stt->dwInteger=1, dwMenuEvent=15
   101931 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
   103147 ### MENU: PropertySheet call returned 1
   103225 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: ending dialog mode
   103662 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
   109949 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=0, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
   111946 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=15, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
   113459 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=15, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
   116454 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

Thanks

From the FSUIPC Console window

Console Started ...

175220 ### MENU: PropertySheet call returned 1

175283 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: ending dialog mode

175688 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

178668 Starting everything now ...

178683 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

188745 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=0, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptio

189401 Memory in use: 1357Mb, Avail=2739Mb

200523 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=15, fInScanJoy=0, fInOpti

207169 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=15, fInScanJoy=0, fInOpti

225983 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now

226076 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

236076 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now

236170 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

246091 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now

246185 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

249555 Memory in use: 1396Mb, Avail=2700Mb

256122 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now

256216 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

266200 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now

266309 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

This is the result of starting FSX, starting a flight, accessing FSUIP from the add-on menu twice, then the third time i could not access any of the add-on menu items.\

I'm a bit puzzled by this. I see the second Menu opening here:

101931 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=0, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0

101931 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
   101931 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE received, stt->dwInteger=1, dwMenuEvent=15
   101931 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
   103147 ### MENU: PropertySheet call returned 1
   103225 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: ending dialog mode
   103662 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

Then the third one, the one which did not work, 6 seconds after you closed the previous one:

109949 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=0, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0

but the following two lines, occurring 2 and 4 seconds later, both indicate the same SimConnect event being received by FSUIPC before it has a chance to open the dialog. Did you only click the menu once, or three times very quickly?

111946 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=15, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0
   113459 ### MENU: EV_MENU [15] received: dwMenuEvent=15, fInScanJoy=0, fInOptions=0

The last line you show shows that Simconnect is actually telling FSUIPC that it is in dialog mode:

116454 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

but FSUIPC4 never gets the message ST_DLGMODE back from SimConnect which tells it that SimConnect (and FSX) is now ready for the Options Dialog to be drawn. Is there NOTHING in the log following that last line? I can't believe it if so, especially from what you then posted afterwards. Why have you cut the file short? It really doesn't help! :-(

In your subsequent message you show part of the Console log instead of the actual Log file. Why? The console log is only a display of what is sent to the log file itself. Did you not check the log file at all after the menu failed?

The whole report is now very confused, because:

Console Started ...

How on Earth did you start the console if you couldn't get the menu to open the options screen?

Then this part of the "console log" (which is only a copy of what is sent to the file0:

175220 ### MENU: PropertySheet call returned 1

175283 ### MENU: ST_DLGMODE: ending dialog mode
   175688 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
   178668 Starting everything now ...
   178683 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

shows the menu opening successfully in any case, before a very puzzling "Starting Everything Now message even though the earlier part already contained:

101088 Starting everything now ...

That message occurs only in one part of FSUIPC which is executed just the once. So I can only assume those two log fragments are NOT part of the same FSX session! So, please, can you actually wexplain what you were doing? And why truncate the log file? I really would always want to see the whole log, and not something copied from a console log on screen.

Finally, this part:

225983 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now
   226076 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
   236076 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now
   236170 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
   246091 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now
   246185 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
   249555 Memory in use: 1396Mb, Avail=2700Mb
   256122 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now
   256216 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
   266200 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now
   266309 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

definitely shows that SimConnect has hung.

Something in your system is wrong. I suspect SimConnect corruption, or else it is getting mired in some other application which is stopping it responding.

Please PLEASE PLEASE always show me a complete Log file in future, one from beginning to end, not fragments.

I'm not sure what to suggest for your next step. You could try to get a SimConnect log. There's a thread in the FAQ subforum which explains how to do that. This may well show what other things are going on which could do something like cause SimConnect to stall. However, it will be a large file, so you'll need to ZIP it up and email it to me (petedowson@btconnect.com). However, please now don't expect much before Christmas, and maybe not a lot after, until January 10th, as I'm away.

If you wat to try to fix things yourself then the first step would be to rename your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files, re-run the FSUIPC4 installer so it generates an DLL.XML which only runs FSUIPC and no other SimConnect add-ons. Then add the SimConnect add-ons back one at a time. Or you could do similar by editing the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files if you know how.

Pete

Hi Pete, the info I send you was all the info in the logfiles.  When I tried to execute the FSUIPC Menu add-on the third time it refused to open.  I was using single mouse clicks.  I started FSUIPC once and then cancelled it, and opened FSUIPC once again the second time and cancelled it, but when I tried to open it the third time it did not want to open.

But after all that I think I may have found the problem.  I remember years back FSX jetways would not operate due to the DEFAULT flight being corrupt.  So I have been using my default flight to check FSUIPC and the various drop down items.   I suspected this could be an issue, so I deleted my default flight, and restarted FSX, and walla no more problem.  I have been testing it for over 2 hours now and all seems to be 100%.

What is interesting is that I compared the 2 files, the deleted default flight with the new created default flight, and I see a difference in some of the parameters.  If you want I can send it to you, maybe you will see a possible parameter that could effect FSUIPC?

Thanks for all the help....I really appreciate it