The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Don Lyons

Error Messages in FSC9.4 Windows 7 Pro

I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro with the additional installation of Windows XP mode availability.

I re-installed my FS9 in Drive C:/Programs (x86) and my FSX into Drive E:/Programs(x86).    Once they were up and running okay I then re-installed FSC9.4.1 into the E:/ drive as per instructions for Windows 7 and 8 users.

However, when tryinh to connrct the GPS to either Flight Sims I get the message Unable to connect to Simulator! Msg #7.

Also when running the DbManager, which picks up the thread of the flightsims okay;  but at the end a note comes up Run-time error '75'  Path/File access error..

I have never had problems when running windows xp .   Can you assist me please to get these errors corrected.

regards,

Don Lyons

Well Volker,

I have followed your instructions to the letter and I am still no further ahead with my problem.

I re-installed FS9 into Windows 7 C:/Program Files (x86) Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 2004 and,

FSX into E:/Program Files (x86) Microsoft Games/Flight SimulatorX.   Both programs are running perfectly.

I then re-installed FSC94 into Drive NTFS E:/FSC and that is also working okay but on a Secondary screen, which I have always done when running all 3 programs under Windows XP for the last few years with no problems ever.

Under windows 7,  I am still getting error message after running FSCDb Manager "Run-time error '75' Path/File access error".

Also when I click on the Menus GPS to load the GPS into a aircraft I get this message:  Unable to connect to Simulator! Msg #7.

Similarly with trying to add a flight plan .

So all in all I feel that the programmers should with all due respect to the fine work they have done to date look into the matter and come up with a fix for Windows 7.

kindest regards,

Don Lyons

P.S.   Yes!  I am a 86 year old flight simmer going right back to when Flight Simming first came into being.   Unfortunately my life span is pretty well limited due to lung cancer. and I would dearly love to get this program running perfectly again, so that I can live my dream to fly a Airbus A380-800 from Auckland to London and return;  which I did in reality a couple of months ago as a paying passenger.    WOW!! what a great ex[experience.    So please, please help me out.  You Guys!

Volker, I'm having the same issue with FSC being unable to connect to FS9. I have researched the forum topics for solutions and have com across a few with the link you provide however the link returns back a page stating "Unable to locate the topic". Can you provide me some assistance in correcting this issue. Below are my specs;

1. FS2004

2. FSUIPC3

3. FSC9.5 / DATABase Manager 9.5

4. AIRC by Navigraph / Cycle 1309

5. AREOSOFT Version Download

6. Windows 7/64

Hi Anik ?,

please read here http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71602-important-information-on-registration-installation-and-use-of-fscommander/

the following document: http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=100028

Have you installed the FSCommander and the FSUIPC as an administrator?

Regards,

Volker

Hello, I have, I actually just did a complete uninstall and deleted the Aerosoft folder that contained the FSC folder and re-installed FSC as administrator and still no success. I will review the above links now.

OK I have to do another re-install, I have to make a change in that installation process, I chose to install for me only when I should have chosen install for all users, that could be the cause of the problem. Also FSCUPC was installed while FSC was being installed by the installer program (as administrator) is that ok?

I will update you on the correction progress.

Thanks for you quick reply and help.