The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC issue on A2A's C172

I've been using registered FSUIPC version 4.742 for about two years to control the axes on my Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals and Cessna trim wheel. Apart from the occasional glitch it has been a relatively trouble free and a very useful utility. 

Recently I downloaded A2A's C172 which is a great product but despite everything I have tried there is an issue with the toe brakes. When I use differential braking I have no problems BUT when I push both toe brakes together there is no braking effect. The "Brakes" banner lights up briefly but brakes fail to hold down. Even the graphics display the brake pedals being depressed and returning to their resting position despite me physically holding the Saitek pedals to the fully depressed position.. All other aircraft ( default and add-on) work perfectly fine with my FSUIPC brake axis settings ( I don't use profiles). 

I posted a similar query on A2A's forum and it seems that although this is a rare occurrence other users have reported the same problem. I have tested the toe brakes with FSX controlling the axis and it works fine also. 

I really don't want to use FSX for my toe brakes and FSUIPC for everything else if I can avoid it. The folks at A2A have agreed to look at this for me but I would like some input here if anybody can shed some light.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=38207

Thanks for reading

Anthony

I've been using registered FSUIPC version 4.742 for about two years to control the axes on my Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals and Cessna trim wheel. Apart from the occasional glitch it has been a relatively trouble free and a very useful utility.

I'm afraid I cannot support outdated versions of FSUIPC.

Pete

I'm afraid I cannot support outdated versions of FSUIPC.

Pete

Silly me Pete, I have downloaded the latest version and combined with reducing the "Brake Threshold from 75 to 0" in the fsuipc.ini file I have resolved the problem.

Thanks

Strange that it would need that. That parameter is only related to releasing the parking brake with toe brake pressure.

Pete

Maybe, but it's a known work-around for intermittent toe brake problems on A2A C172. Not everybody has this issue though, it's fairly random. 

It seems when releasing the parking brake it messes with the position of the toe brakes i.e they don't always release, or they release and return to the depressed position.  At least that what it looks like to me, but I might be interpreting it incorrectly as I don't know anything about the code.

Pete can this BrakeReleaseThreshold= feature be used in a profile section? If not is there any chance it can be made to work in a profile so that A2A C172 users can disable this feature for this aircraft. I find it very useful in the rest of my aircraft and its not needed with the 172 because they already simulate this feature, I think that is why there is this clash. Thanks.

Hello, Pete!

I type "BrakeReleaseThreshold=0" in [JoystickCalibration.Accusim cessna 172 1] (In [General] section value is 75). After that I press brake pedal, and Parking brakes are released in all my aircrafts. How can I do it only for Cessna?

• 2 months later...

Pete, I'm having an issue with the a2a as well. Hoping someone might have solve it on here would be able to lend a hand. Using Pete's fsuipc i assigned the altimeter increase to the right function of my rotary and down to the left function of my rotary. however on the a2a it docent work. works on all other plaines but not the a2a. Please help me find a way to make this work. 

Thanks

Paul

Pete, I'm having an issue with the a2a as well. Hoping someone might have solve it on here would be able to lend a hand. Using Pete's fsuipc i assigned the altimeter increase to the right function of my rotary and down to the left function of my rotary. however on the a2a it docent work. works on all other plaines but not the a2a. Please help me find a way to make this work. 

What's "altimeter increase" and "down"? Do you mean the Kollsman -- setting the QNH?

Pete

Thanks

Paul

How are you mapping the Kohlsman to the rotary? Direct "SET" will not work as the input needs to be scaled correctly.

You could, of course, employ a Lua script to accomplish this.

The normal FSX controls "Kohlsman INC" and "DEC" work when assigned to a button/switch. One could use the rotary

to send those controls using the "ranges" function, creating a "null" range about the mid-point of the rotary and then

an "UP" and "Down" range on either side with the "control to repeat while in range" option selected.

I use this method for elevator trim as direct mapping results in too 'coarse' a setting.

Also, you did not specify which A2A aircraft you are referring to.I am assuming the C172.

Note also, that there is a separate Kohlsman function in the kap140 autopilot which can be accessed using

the appropriate L:Variables.

Questions regarding the A2A aircraft are best asked in the A2A forums where you might find that others

may have asked the same questions.In any case, that is where to get definitive answers regarding A2A

aircraft since much of the coding in the Accu-Sim aircraft is done 'outside' of FSX.

Paul

mastermechanic.jpg