The simFlight Network Forums

Windows fatal error after exiting P3Dv2

Pete,

I've recently installed P3Dv2 and FSUIPC 4.927a (registered) and had no problems.  Then I installed PilotEdge (a pay version of VATSIM), and began having Windows faults after exiting P3D.

There are only 3 entries in my DLL.XML file, and I've found that the order of the addons determines whether or not the crashes happen.

If the order is:  FSUIPC 4; PilotEdge Transponder; PilotEdge AI Control

Then windows will show a "fatal error" several seconds after exiting P3D.  This happens every time.  But, if I move FSUIPC so it is below the PilotEdge entries, the errors do not occur at all.

I'm able to consistently repeat this, and verified it by changing it back and forth.

I've made a similar post on the PilotEdge support board.  Not sure what the underlying issue is, but wanted to let you and them know of it.

Gavin

-------------------------------

Here are the fault details:

Problem signature:

Problem event name: BEX

Application name: Prepar3D.exe

Application version: 2.0.9448.0

Application timestamp: 528edbf4

Fault module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded

Fault module version: 0.0.0.0

Fault module timestamp: 52b0eeeb

Exception offset: 5f172220

Exception code: c0000005

OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

I've recently installed P3Dv2 and FSUIPC 4.927a (registered) and had no problems.  Then I installed PilotEdge (a pay version of VATSIM), and began having Windows faults after exiting P3D.

"FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded" is not actually my module. I don't know what that means.

But P3Dv2 has been plagued with a number of problems of crashing after closedown. They tried to fix them and this one might be fixed in the forthcoming update, but I think you should report this on their Forum in any case.

BTW please update -- 4.928 is the current version of FSUIPC4.

Regards

Pete

Thanks... I'll post this on their board as well.

But, where can I download 4.928?  The Schiratti.com web site and the "list of current supported versions" thread here only show 4.927a.

Schiratti is where I usually download updates from.

Gavin

The Schiratti.com web site and the "list of current supported versions" thread here only show 4.927a.

Schiratti is where I usually download updates from.

The Schiratti site is controlled by Mr. Schiratti. The link there does currently point to 4.928 but the text won't be updated until Mr. Schiratti gets around to it after he sees my request. That's why I also maintain the Updated Modules subforum here. I can update the files his links point to, but not the text.

The "supported versions" thread gets updated a day or two after new Installable versions are posted. Some overlap of support is reasonable.

Pete

Thanks, Pete!  And, for the past couple of years, I've been wanting to thank you for FSUIPC.

It's hard for me to imagine what the flight sim world would be like without your enormous contributions, and everything that's grown from them!

Gavin