The simFlight Network Forums

Tracon 2012 - timeline on next update?

Japhus

I recently purchased Tracon 2012 and am enjoying it immensely, however I'm wondering if there is an update coming up soon or not?

I specifically am wondering about tracking successful landings and takeoffs.  I saw on the previous forum this issue was discussed in early 2013 but it doesn't seem to be resolved as yet.

Another issue would be the issuing of altitudes.  If you give an altitude of 12 thousand (or any other alt) often the hundreds portion will fluctuate significantly if you let go of the PTT button too soon.  Is this something that can be fixed or is it a MS speech recognition issue?

On another note I would like to thank the many people who posted here and elsewhere on the web their hints and guides for using Tracon 2012.  The videos of Mark Hargrove in fact are the very reason I choose to buy this software in the first place.

Jamie

Another issue would be the issuing of altitudes.  If you give an altitude of 12 thousand (or any other alt) often the hundreds portion will fluctuate significantly if you let go of the PTT button too soon.  Is this something that can be fixed or is it a MS speech recognition issue?

Jamie this is something that we see it too and wish to fix for the next version.

Thank you

Vic

Hi Vic,

Thankyou for your reply.  I only give altitude instructions in thousands of feet when I'm using Tracon 2012.  Would it be easier to "fix" this behaviour in the game by telling it ignore hundreds and tens of feet for altitude instructions?  I don't know how "realistic" that would be but having the program assume only thousand foot instructions would be less work than having it determine hundreds and tens I would think.  Just a thought...

• 1 month later...